Windows 10: The start menu always returns to the top when I let go the mouse button?

Discus and support The start menu always returns to the top when I let go the mouse button? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I open the start menu and use the scroll wheel on the mouse to go down the list it does not stay but scrolls back to the top when I release the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by beekaybee, Aug 8, 2018.

1. beekaybee Win User

The start menu always returns to the top when I let go the mouse button?

When I open the start menu and use the scroll wheel on the mouse to go down the list it does not stay but scrolls back to the top when I release the mouse button. Why?

:)

beekaybee, Aug 8, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Paul Thurrott: Here are the Top User Requests for Windows

You can add / change it or whatever but try and get the size of text bigger even if you make the other stuff HUGE

For example - screenshots enc

I'd like the Start menu text to be the same size as the text when you RIGHT MOUSE click on the start (windows) button.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Slartybart, Aug 8, 2018
  4. The start menu always returns to the top when I let go the mouse button?

Desk top Icons replaced by start menu

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience n this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occurs when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

The start menu always returns to the top when I let go the mouse button?

1. The start menu always returns to the top when I let go the mouse button? - Similar Threads - start menu always

2. Mouse without Borders - Mouse pointer not always on top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse without Borders - Mouse pointer not always on top: on one of my Windows 11 PCs the mouse pointer disappears below a window e.g. after clicking the start button.How can I change the setting so that the mouse pointer is alway visible on top?...
  3. Mouse without Borders - Mouse pointer not always on top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse without Borders - Mouse pointer not always on top: on one of my Windows 11 PCs the mouse pointer disappears below a window e.g. after clicking the start button.How can I change the setting so that the mouse pointer is alway visible on top?...
  4. Start Menu always on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu always on: How do I get the traditional Start Menu back instead of what is constantly on the left side of my screen? Screen shot attached. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-always-on/3d959d7e-b263-4e77-ba2c-9fa727fc1030
  5. My mouse pointer double clicks & sometimes lets go when I haven't let go of the mouse button.

My mouse pointer double clicks & sometimes lets go when I haven't let go of the mouse button.: Sometimes when dragging something with the pointer it will let go of the item prematurely and other times when I simply single click an icon or something it counts as a double click. Things I've Tried: 1. Changing mice, 2. Updated all drivers, 3. Going into Mouse...
  6. Search menu on top of start menu

Search menu on top of start menu: [ATTACH] After updating to the latest version of windows 10 2004 through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does anybody know what is going on, and how to solve this bug?...
  7. I Always get this when start my computer, the start menu button changes to some windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Always get this when start my computer, the start menu button changes to some windows...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DrankidotAJ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gnvtxx/i_always_get_this_when_start_my_computer_the/
  8. Start Menu Button

Start Menu Button: My Start Menu button will not leave the corner even when I am in full screen on some other program [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/c5a7c99c-090b-4c74-a246-a01a05a75bf8
  9. start menu button.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu button.: when I press start menu button the apps are all over the screen and theres no list of programs. Its a new laptop days old acer aspire 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/cd973177-9c07-41bc-9018-11f19c89242c
  10. Mouse scroll button opens Windows Start menu when clicked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scroll button opens Windows Start menu when clicked: I understand that this is some sort of a hotkey which opens up the start menu but I would like to disable it. I've tried to go into control panel, mouse settings, wheel, etc, and after poking around everywhere in the settings I wasn't able to find the settings that...