Windows 10: The stupid update 1607

Discus and support The stupid update 1607 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So i just updatet my computer to the new update 1607 It was smooth update no problems, until I logged in waited a few seconds. Then clicked on google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Yousef, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Yousef Win User

The stupid update 1607

So i just updatet my computer to the new update 1607 It was smooth update no problems, until I logged in waited a few seconds. Then clicked on google chrome. And right there it started freezing on me. Never happens before, I restart and waited few minutes logged in and BAM the little circle next to the mice icon started going anddddddddd the pic froze again. Literally restated my pc 10 times now and it keeps freezing I tried to go back to the old update but it won't even let me do that because it freezes again. So pls for everyone saying you want the new update don't do it unless I have the worst luck in the work. It won't even allow me to use the start button because the circle on the mice start and if I click anything it freezes. The amount of rage in my body is high as a mofo.

:)

Yousef, Oct 1, 2016

2. Windows 10 Creators Update... slow internet.

Not only wifi is slow, all became slow !!!

I roll back to 1607 version !!!

Creator updated is a stupid game !!

MauroMiotello, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Update 1607 question/ problems

Stupid questions here but the Update 1607 appeared in the Windows Update and leaving it for 24 hrs its stuck at 1%. Does anybody know how big this update is? Or why its stuck? is there a way to restart the download? Thanks

zwarrior64, Oct 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

The stupid update 1607

Hi, for the last couple of months issues with the anniversary upgrade have been published widely. It's always wise to wait for upgrades, and check on the news.
    Try searching for
    anniversary upgrade problems
    for example.

Since it came out there have been several updates, one of those was supposed to address freezing issues.Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues - Windows 10 Forums

Now whether what you are experiencing is addressed by that I can't say.

You have at least the following options:
    a. Go forwards: Use Windows update and see if you can get that update. (I think there were a couple before it). See if that fixes things.
    b. Go backwards: Roll back to the previous build - available for 10 days.
    You can attempt this via Settings; also via SHIFT + left click restart; also by booting from a Win 10 bootable medium

So if one doesn't work for you, try another method.

dalchina, Oct 1, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I had something similar happen when I didn't give my Win10 Insider virtual machine enough disk space.
    I couldn't even move the mouse, so I had to extend the C: drive/partition another 20GB, and that solved the problem.
    Of course being a Hyper-V VM I could do it using Hyper-V Manager.

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ok, let's try this just to check disk space:
    Please post a screenshot of Disk Management (or a clear photo if freezing makes this difficult):
    (Windows key + X, click Disk Management)

dalchina, Oct 1, 2016
  7. Yousef Win User
    Thanks for replying I managed to go back to the older version before the pc froze again. I'll have to wait till they fix 1607. As for the disk space I have 1 tb off free space so not sure why it froze. Once again thanks for replying.

Yousef, Oct 1, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

The stupid update 1607

dalchina, Oct 1, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    Actually, even if you do have Pro you might want to use the second suggestion. Pro can't block updates, only Defer them. The Defer option switches you from the Current Branch to the Current Branch for Business.
    https://4sysops.com/archives/the-new...icy-in-detail/

Bree, Oct 2, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Sure, defer isn't 100% = block, but by repeating it, you can defer it for a long time. It's less 'technical' than the other.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

The stupid update 1607

1. The stupid update 1607 - Similar Threads - stupid update 1607

2. Stupid widows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stupid widows update: Microsoft screwed up and corrupted my registry. I am no longer able to locate my folders and files. All downloads are hidden, whyyy? My business is totally damaged. Can I sue microsoft? I spent hours trying to fix and trying to locate my files but this stupid windows is going...
  3. Stupid widows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stupid widows update: Microsoft screwed up and corrupted my registry. I am no longer able to locate my folders and files. All downloads are hidden, whyyy? My business is totally damaged. Can I sue microsoft? I spent hours trying to fix and trying to locate my files but this stupid windows is going...
  4. Stupid widows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stupid MS updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stupid MS updates: Every time MS updates my computer, it and my printer get disconnected; the computer no longer recognizes the printer. This time, updating printer drivers had no effect. I tried every online solution. Wasted time. And now, MS no longer offers phone support. It seems I have no...
  6. Windows 1607 not updating

Windows 1607 not updating: I have had a long lasting issue with being unable to update my windows after patch 1607, I have read the forums and tried to do it myself, as well as working with a remote Microsoft employee but my issue is still not resolved. I can no longer handle the gpu requirements to...
  7. UPDATE STUPIDITY

UPDATE STUPIDITY: I have tried many ways to get the update assistant to accept the fact that there is no space to had on C drive it does not accept that FACT and go on to use an external USB Drive. What does it want from me ???????...
  8. 20170415 update of 1607

20170415 update of 1607: Today I got update of 1607 as shown below. [img] Further update windows says as follows Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it? 81983
  9. 1607 update failure

1607 update failure: Hi This is the scenario. Win10 Pro v1511. Updates had been deferred. Changed this setting last night. 1607 downloaded but install failed. No error code as far as I can see. It looks like Edge has now been screwed by this process. It will not load Google page completely....
  10. Update to windows 1607

Update to windows 1607: I have a friend in Pougkeepsie, NY who has not gotten the update yet. His system is still at 1511 and he has a digital entitlement license. Over the phone I showed him how to run update through settings and it reports that system is up to date. How in the world do I tell him...