Windows 10: The stupid update 1607

Discus and support The stupid update 1607 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So i just updatet my computer to the new update 1607 It was smooth update no problems, until I logged in waited a few seconds. Then clicked on google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Yousef, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Yousef Win User

The stupid update 1607

So i just updatet my computer to the new update 1607 It was smooth update no problems, until I logged in waited a few seconds. Then clicked on google chrome. And right there it started freezing on me. Never happens before, I restart and waited few minutes logged in and BAM the little circle next to the mice icon started going anddddddddd the pic froze again. Literally restated my pc 10 times now and it keeps freezing I tried to go back to the old update but it won't even let me do that because it freezes again. So pls for everyone saying you want the new update don't do it unless I have the worst luck in the work. It won't even allow me to use the start button because the circle on the mice start and if I click anything it freezes. The amount of rage in my body is high as a mofo.

:)

Yousef, Oct 1, 2016

2. Windows 10 Creators Update... slow internet.

Not only wifi is slow, all became slow !!!

I roll back to 1607 version !!!

Creator updated is a stupid game !!

MauroMiotello, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Update 1607 question/ problems

Stupid questions here but the Update 1607 appeared in the Windows Update and leaving it for 24 hrs its stuck at 1%. Does anybody know how big this update is? Or why its stuck? is there a way to restart the download? Thanks

zwarrior64, Oct 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

The stupid update 1607

Hi, for the last couple of months issues with the anniversary upgrade have been published widely. It's always wise to wait for upgrades, and check on the news.
    Try searching for
    anniversary upgrade problems
    for example.

Since it came out there have been several updates, one of those was supposed to address freezing issues.Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues - Windows 10 Forums

Now whether what you are experiencing is addressed by that I can't say.

You have at least the following options:
    a. Go forwards: Use Windows update and see if you can get that update. (I think there were a couple before it). See if that fixes things.
    b. Go backwards: Roll back to the previous build - available for 10 days.
    You can attempt this via Settings; also via SHIFT + left click restart; also by booting from a Win 10 bootable medium

So if one doesn't work for you, try another method.

dalchina, Oct 1, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I had something similar happen when I didn't give my Win10 Insider virtual machine enough disk space.
    I couldn't even move the mouse, so I had to extend the C: drive/partition another 20GB, and that solved the problem.
    Of course being a Hyper-V VM I could do it using Hyper-V Manager.

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ok, let's try this just to check disk space:
    Please post a screenshot of Disk Management (or a clear photo if freezing makes this difficult):
    (Windows key + X, click Disk Management)

dalchina, Oct 1, 2016
  7. Yousef Win User
    Thanks for replying I managed to go back to the older version before the pc froze again. I'll have to wait till they fix 1607. As for the disk space I have 1 tb off free space so not sure why it froze. Once again thanks for replying.

Yousef, Oct 1, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

The stupid update 1607

dalchina, Oct 1, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    Actually, even if you do have Pro you might want to use the second suggestion. Pro can't block updates, only Defer them. The Defer option switches you from the Current Branch to the Current Branch for Business.
    https://4sysops.com/archives/the-new...icy-in-detail/

Bree, Oct 2, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Sure, defer isn't 100% = block, but by repeating it, you can defer it for a long time. It's less 'technical' than the other.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

The stupid update 1607

1. The stupid update 1607 - Similar Threads - stupid update 1607

2. Can't update; stupid message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update; stupid message: I tried updating, get a message to say that I need to delete Avast Antivirus. Do exactly that, restart le PC. Go back to update aaaaaand it gives me the exact same message :/ Only wanted this stupid update because since I forcibly got Microsoft Teams (which I have tried...
  3. Stupid updates and failed features

Stupid updates and failed features: I search for simple button, if it's not there someone really screwed up. I want to turn off auto update Also I want to turn off installing features (because they don't and popup we cant install features makes me want to throw my laptop) Windows update already killed 2 of...
  4. UPDATE STUPIDITY

UPDATE STUPIDITY: I have tried many ways to get the update assistant to accept the fact that there is no space to had on C drive it does not accept that FACT and go on to use an external USB Drive. What does it want from me ???????...
  5. stupid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    stupid: Hello my name is wendy I have been dating one of those narcissistic crazies well he bought me a computer for Christmas and he has him down for administrator and put a password on it. How do I take that off and secure my computer...
  6. stupid

stupid: Hello my name is wendy I have been dating one of those narcissistic crazies well he bought me a computer for Christmas and he has him down for administrator and put a password on it. How do I take that off and secure my computer...
  7. Please remove the stupid 1803 update.

Please remove the stupid 1803 update.: F**K you, Microsoft! You force user to upgrade to 1803, only to get blue screen crash randomly. You either test your system well or give user the option not to upgrade. Stupid Windows10 1803. Stupid Microsoft....
  8. Stupid password

Stupid password: First it was when i had to make a microsoft account password and couldn't use my perfect password cause i had to have some 52037q and egdofjwgj and !_!{[¥=(@! Then it was that i had to create a password for startup sign in just to sign the pc into the microsoft account and...
  9. Stupid me

Stupid me: Has anyone but me gotten that "Pro PC Cleaner" horsecrap. I run Avast, AdAware Pro, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Spyware Blaster and it STILL got through. Can't get rid of the crap. Nothing in the "Programs and Features". Not in the start up under Task Manager. Tried...
  10. Update to windows 1607

Update to windows 1607: I have a friend in Pougkeepsie, NY who has not gotten the update yet. His system is still at 1511 and he has a digital entitlement license. Over the phone I showed him how to run update through settings and it reports that system is up to date. How in the world do I tell him...