Windows 10: "The syntax of the file name, directory or volume is not correct."

Discus and support "The syntax of the file name, directory or volume is not correct." in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In Audit mode, if I run the %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 command from the Command Prompt, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by balubeto, Jun 21, 2017.

1. balubeto Win User

"The syntax of the file name, directory or volume is not correct."

In Audit mode, if I run the %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 command from the Command Prompt, the "Disk Cleanup Settings" window is displayed. So, I select all the items and press Ok.

Now, before the prompt is displayed again, the "The syntax of the file name, directory or volume is not correct." message appears.

Why?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Jun 21, 2017

2. product activation

how do i activate windows 10 enterprise with error message "file name, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect"

fidelisibekwe, Jun 21, 2017
  3. The filename , directory name , or volume lable syntax is incorect Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

Hi Stefan,

This can occur when languages other than the native operating system language is used. However, this issue you're having with Microsoft Visual C + + is better suited for the IT Pro audience on MSDN. Please post your query on

MSDNVisual C + + forum

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Rachelle Gra, Jun 21, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

I have no clue what all that is, but I was just randomly browsing in this forum and clicked your post. I saw that line you have in bold and saw a number that looked almost as familiar as another number that I see more often. You have 65535, yet I've seen a lot of 65536 before (which is 2 to the sixteenth power).

pepanee, Jun 21, 2017
  5. balubeto Win User
    I tried to write the %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c cleanmgr /sageset:65536 & cleanmgr /sagerun:65536 command but the "The syntax of the file name, directory or volume is not correct." message is displayed the same. Why?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "The syntax of the file name, directory or volume is not correct." - Similar Threads - syntax file name

2. Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...: So I was backing up pictures from a phone to a USB, directly moving them not copying using android's file manager. I connected the usb directly to the phone so this didn't happen through a PC. Safe to say I regretted that.Now the USB is unreadable by every phone I tried to...
  3. Error:0x8007007b the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error:0x8007007b the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect....: please help when i am trying to activate this is coming=Error:0x8007007b the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. SWbemObjectExi tried sfc /scannow and MAK still didnt work....
  4. Error:0x8007007b the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error:0x8007007b the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect....: please help when i am trying to activate this is coming=Error:0x8007007b the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. SWbemObjectExi tried sfc /scannow and MAK still didnt work....
  5. C:\Windows\system32>\\192.168.1.25 The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\Windows\system32>\\192.168.1.25 The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...: I keep trying to access my servers and keep getting this error message. Can someone help me solve this? i assume there is a simple fix. i am using Wiondows 11....
  6. C:\Windows\system32>\\192.168.1.25 The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\Windows\system32>\\192.168.1.25 The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...: I keep trying to access my servers and keep getting this error message. Can someone help me solve this? i assume there is a simple fix. i am using Wiondows 11....
  7. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect (0x8007007B) – System...

in Windows 10 News
    The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect (0x8007007B) – System...: [ATTACH]The error message The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect with […] This article The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect (0x8007007B) – System Restore error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. The file name , directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The file name , directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: I am getting this error while installing a driver for a microcontroller programmer. I have tried many methods like changing drive, renaming the setup or folder but nothing works for me. I tried installing the same driver on another computer having Win10 , there it works fine....
  9. The file name , directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The file name , directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: [ATTACH]I am getting this error while installing a driver for a microcontroller programmer. I have tried many methods like changing the drive, renaming the setup or folder but nothing works for me. I tried installing the same driver on another computer having Win10, there it...
  10. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: Whenever I boot my computer a pop up appears saying 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect'. This is the error shown: [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the file name directory name or volume syntax is not correct

2. the syntax of this name is not correct

3. the syntax of the command is incorrect hardlinks

4. help to activate windows 10 file name directory name or volume file syntax is incorrect