Windows 10: the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321)

Discus and support the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Trying to make a backup of documents onto my external hard drive and keep getting this Error message, can someone please advise with help on this,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lynnhut1, Aug 13, 2018.

1. lynnhut1 Win User

the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321)

Trying to make a backup of documents onto my external hard drive and keep getting this Error message, can someone please advise with help on this,

:)

lynnhut1, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Isha Soni Win User

New task: Task has been corrupted or tampered with Xerror code.

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Please refer the suggestion provided by Mouneshwar R replied on February 1, 2011.

Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with 0x80041321

If this does not help, run the SFC Scan.

Perform SFC scan

I would suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if that helps. The
    sfc/scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. It is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore
    corrupted files.

Refer the link: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted
    system files

Please reply us with these information and the current status of your computer we will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Aug 13, 2018
  3. PaulH99 Win User
    New task: Task has been corrupted or tampered with Xerror code.

Original title: After restore back to Win7, from Win10, task scheduler corrupt/windows backup not working

Hi, I upgraded from Win7 to Win10, but in Win10 my CPU was constantly running at 100%, so I used Win10 option to restore back to Win7. It took a few minutes and seems to be working fine, however, when I went to Windows Backup, my previously scheduled backup
    task had disappeared and when I tried to setup a new task I get a message like "task has been corrupted or tampered with Xerror code". Please help!!

PaulH99, Aug 13, 2018
  4. the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321)

Window 10 Pro x64 Rollback to Windows 7 Has Problems.

After the rollback:

• It would seem that many/most scheduled tasks have become corrupted. (tskschd.msc)
      • Including Backup and Restore.
        • Schedule lost.
        • Settings lost.
        • "Task corrupted or tampered with." (0x80041321)
          • Corrected by deleting (2) associated schedule files.
          • Left with limited functionality, and it crashes on the intended libraries.
        • Backup Catalog corrupted
    • Windows Essentials Live Mail duplicated and detached headers and put them in other mail folders.
    • Climbing the Start Menu to Excel 2013, for instance, produces no "hover" links to recent or pinned files.
      • The link arrow from Windows 10 remains, but isn't functional.

Paleogeeked, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321)

1. the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321) - Similar Threads - task image corrupt

2. how to fix "Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with. 0x80041321 Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix "Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with. 0x80041321 Windows 7: I'm trying to us an external hard drive to backup my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-task-image-is-corrupt-or-has-been/e6bd47c6-fa0a-4244-9d44-e6fc6e339684
  3. how to fix "Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with. 0x80041321 Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix "Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with. 0x80041321 Windows 7: I'm trying to us an external hard drive to backup my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-task-image-is-corrupt-or-has-been/e6bd47c6-fa0a-4244-9d44-e6fc6e339684
  4. My email address has been corrupted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My email address has been corrupted: People are receiving emails from my email address allegedly from DVLA, to pay driving licence. Is there anything you can do to help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-email-address-has-been-corrupted/87888a50-ebed-4005-bf4f-de010d48b511
  5. windows 10 has been corrupt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 has been corrupt: so it actually started 4 or 5 years ago when my speakers stopped working and i installed new drivers for it. the database got corrupt and i have talked to both the manufacture of the product and Microsoft them self. Everyone blamed each other the manufacture said it was...
  6. The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321)

in Windows 10 News
    The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321): [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you receive an error message The Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with error code 0x80041321, then its related to a corrupt scheduled backup task. The problem here is that when the task service plans to execute [...] This post The task image is...
  7. My microsoft account has been tampered with

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My microsoft account has been tampered with: I'm the only user of my microsoft account and the pc's in the house. My microsoft account has changed to where I'm now the Child account, and someone else is listed as Adult. How do I change this back to me being the account owner and delete this other person off my account?...
  8. dism the component store has been corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dism the component store has been corrupted: system32>dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Het onderdeelarchief is beschadigd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-the-component-store-has-been-corrupted/3437e59c-805b-48c0-a52b-bccece6756aa
  9. Calendar has been corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar has been corrupted: Following the November update (not necessarily caused by it) my Desktop calendar has become drastically corrupted. Among the symptoms are: it closes frequently, it will not let me edit or delete entries, it has replicated past entries in large numbers which I am not able to...
  10. StartComponentCleanup: The component store has been corrupted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    StartComponentCleanup: The component store has been corrupted: Helllo! I have a problem with 'StartComponentCleanup' Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanupDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the task image is corrupt 0x80041321