Windows 10: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in...

Discus and support The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; ...User profile cannot be loaded. I am using a dual-boot system with Windows 10 & Ubuntu. And I have for sometime now without a problem. Maybe the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by drpeppercan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in...

...User profile cannot be loaded.

I am using a dual-boot system with Windows 10 & Ubuntu. And I have for sometime now without a problem.
    Maybe the newest thing I installed has something to do with this (?). It was Ext2Fsd
    This morning I switched to Win10. Using Grub2, I believe I chose Windows UEFI bkpbootmgfw.efi.
    Only to find this message as a result of trying to login with my usual PIN #. Then I switched to use my password, and it worked. However, everything continued loading very, very slow. Slower than usual that's for sure. Once it seemed stable, I noticed the Windows key was not available. Also Ext2fsd had not loaded on its own, so I manually made it run. I logged off, but this time even with my password it would not log me in. I rebooted, but this time I chose Windows Boot Manager (UEFI on /dev/sda7) (I think).
    Windows started doing some fixings, and said it would be over an hour. It really only was a few minutes, but I was not there when it was done. It rebooted on its own, but it went to Ubuntu as it is the 1st on the Grub2 list. I wasn't able to continue checking on this as I had to go to work.

Other people have advised to gain access to another Win10 installation (on PC or a USB drive), to copy the c:/Users folder and replace the one in your pc.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance,

DPC

:)

drpeppercan, Feb 25, 2017
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Feb 25, 2017
  3. User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded

Sounds like you have logged into a temporary profile. Try restarting your computer a few times. Press Control + Alt + Delete

Click Sign out

At the sign in screen, click the power button, then click Restart. Do this a few times then try signing again. If the desktop still does not show up, then you will need to create a new local user account.

Press Control + Shift + Esc

Click File > Run new task

Type: control userpasswords2

Click Add

Enter a user name

Password, confirm it, create a hint

Click Next

Click Finish

Click OK

Sign into the new account.

Open File Explorer on the Taskbar > This PC

Open the drive where Windows is installed

Open Users

Look if your old account old is there with your files

If they are, you can copy them over to the new account.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 25, 2017
  4. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in...

Can you check your registry? Make sure your profile doesn't have a .bak to it. If it does delete the .bak and if you have a temp profile add it to that. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

You've been signed in with a temporary profile - Fix

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in... [​IMG]

jaamulberry, Feb 27, 2017
Thema:

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in...

1. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in... - Similar Threads - User Profile Service

2. User profile service service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile service service failed the sign in: I recently ran some software of AVG antivirus I believe the one that removes all traces and the one that grants permission of some sorts I restarted my laptop and I got that error. When I try to sign in it says to use the password of my microsoft account which I double...
  3. User profile service service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile service service failed the sign in: I recently ran some software of AVG antivirus I believe the one that removes all traces and the one that grants permission of some sorts I restarted my laptop and I got that error. When I try to sign in it says to use the password of my microsoft account which I double...
  4. User profile service service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The user profile service service failed the sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The user profile service service failed the sign in: I resetted my PC to improve performance and it asked me to put in my password, so I did and it showed "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." I restarted my PC multiple times and it still shows the same error....
  6. User Profile Service service failed sign-on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service service failed sign-on: I tried to get on my Windows10 Lenovo laptop, entered my password and received error: User Profile Service Service Failed the Sign-in User Profile Cannot be LoadedI installed BitDefender including VPN and have had problems ever since. I also have 2 MS 365 accounts and...
  7. User Profile Service service failed sign-on

User Profile Service service failed sign-on: I tried to get on my Windows10 Lenovo laptop, entered my password and received error: User Profile Service Service Failed the Sign-in User Profile Cannot be LoadedI installed BitDefender including VPN and have had problems ever since. I also have 2 MS 365 accounts and...
  8. User Profile service service failed the sign in

User Profile service service failed the sign in: I have a DELL laptop Inspiron 7306. All was working great and no issues. I was gonna give it to another family member. Wanted to do a total fresh install of Windows so I did this from the desktop. I let it do its thing. Came back in about an hour and instead of it starting...
  9. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in

in Windows 10 Customization
    The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in: After a failed attempt at factory resetting my desktop, I began to receive this message when I tried to login to my computer. I have tried to start my computer through safe mode, which has not worked, and have tried to go to a restore point, which also failed to work. Any way...
  10. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in: After a failed attempt at factory resetting my desktop, I began to receive this message when I tried to login to my computer. I have tried to start my computer through safe mode, which has not worked, and have tried to go to a restore point, which also failed to work. Any way...