Windows 10: The VirtualRegistry compatibility fix doesn't seem to work

Discus and support The VirtualRegistry compatibility fix doesn't seem to work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear forum readers, I've been trying to have it working for a few hours now, to no avail. What I do : Create two registry keys on HKCU : NHR1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NovHak, Nov 17, 2017.

1. NovHak Win User

The VirtualRegistry compatibility fix doesn't seem to work

Dear forum readers,

I've been trying to have it working for a few hours now, to no avail.

What I do :

Create two registry keys on HKCU : NHR1 and NHR2, as follows :

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\NHR1] "Test"="A" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\NHR1\SC] "Test"="B" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\NHR2] "Test"="C" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\NHR2\SC] "Test"="D"[/quote] The goal is that all accesses from powershell.exe to NHR1 are redirected to NHR2.

So, I start the 64-bit compatibility administrator, create an application fix with the VirtualRegistry shim, with the following command line as a parameter :

ADDREDIRECT(HKCU\NHR1^HKCU\NHR2)

DB saved and installed.

And what I get from my newly started 64-bit powershell.exe :

Code: PS C:\Users\Olivier> gi HKCU:\NHR1\ Hive: HKEY_CURRENT_USER Name Property ---- -------- NHR1 Test : A PS C:\Users\Olivier>[/quote] No redirection happened. How useful... So is it just me or what ?

Shim database attached, just in case.

Thanks for your help !

:)

NovHak, Nov 17, 2017
  2. TWBandG Win User

Age of Empires not compatible with Windows10

I've tried compatibility mode under windows 10 and it doesn't work. I've spent hours researching it on the Microsoft website, and if they know how to fix it, they seem to be keeping it a secret...

I have tried re-installing it under compatibility mode, and it doesn't work either. I've tried to change the monitor screen resolution to be compatible and nothing I've done seems to work.. so....

I've come to the conclusion that Microsoft is selling software that is not compatible with their current operating system.. which means the only way to fix it, is to go back to windows 8.1

So.. if you play Age of Empires 1, 2 or 3.. don't upgrade... you'll loose your ability to play the game..

TWBandG, Nov 17, 2017
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Multiple Bugs in Windows 10

There is no magic bullet. If a program isn't compatible (meaning compatibility mode doesn't work, there is no "complete fix." You seem unwlling or unable to do the thing that's most likely to help, so I can offer no further advice.

JimWynne, Nov 17, 2017
Thema:

The VirtualRegistry compatibility fix doesn't seem to work

1. The VirtualRegistry compatibility fix doesn't seem to work - Similar Threads - VirtualRegistry compatibility fix

2. Snipping tool doesn't seem to be working !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool doesn't seem to be working !: Snipping tool is not working properly . The default folder is set to onedrive. User has local administrative rights . whenever try to snip it from "New button " on snipping tool , its not copying to clipboard at all . IF I try to do it through short cut , its copying . but...
  3. Snipping tool doesn't seem to be working !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool doesn't seem to be working !: Snipping tool is not working properly . The default folder is set to onedrive. User has local administrative rights . whenever try to snip it from "New button " on snipping tool , its not copying to clipboard at all . IF I try to do it through short cut , its copying . but...
  4. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File history doesn't seem to work: I have file history running and it says it has backed up but when I look at the files on my external hard drive, they all show as last modified about three months ago....
  5. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File history doesn't seem to work: I have file history running and it says it has backed up but when I look at the files on my external hard drive, they all show as last modified about three months ago....
  6. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. File encryption doesn't seem to be working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File encryption doesn't seem to be working: I have Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to encrypt a file. I select the file, go to Properties, go to Advanced. Encrypt contents to secure data is available, and I check that box. I hit OK, then Apply. I'm prompted to encrypt the parent folder, and I select Yes. Then nothing...
  8. Windows doesn't seem to be working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't seem to be working: Startup menu - get error message that tells me it will try to fix if I sign out No Cortana search box - can't type anything into it Links in various sections of the Home area get no respone - such as "get help" or "provide feedback" - nothing happens when I click on the...
  9. Screenshot doesn't seem to work anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshot doesn't seem to work anymore: The last time I was able to take a screenshot was on Nov 30. They used to be stored in Pictures/Screenshots but that has stopped and I have no idea if the Fn + Prt Sc buttons no longer work or if the photos are now being stored elsewhere. I have spent hours trying to fix...
  10. seems as not compatible for upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    seems as not compatible for upgrade: Asus VivoTab Smart ME400C says not compatible for Windows 10 upgrade because of the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator. Seen this before with someone on Eight-Forum, check with ASUS site no info. Hardware compatibility not the driver, although no driver past 2010 even with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtualregistry shim