Windows 10: The WiFi keeps disconnecting...

Discus and support The WiFi keeps disconnecting... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get to upload large files on Google Drive but there's just too many of the files and they are a bit large i.e. 4 Gb. Something - not sure if this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jon80, Apr 6, 2016.

1. jon80 Win User

The WiFi keeps disconnecting...

I get to upload large files on Google Drive but there's just too many of the files and they are a bit large i.e. 4 Gb. Something - not sure if this is the browser or Google Drive itself keeps returning an error message reading 'Upload paused (offline), and, my WiFi, which is controlled by the operating system and the internet service provider along the way loses its connectivity.

I start worrying whether my neighbors are using the same frequency, and, after trying to restart the connection by signing out and signing in again the same thing happens all over. Usually when this happens I assume network traffic is not going to make my life easy for me to upload files over WiFi.

Does the architecture envisage software and other underlying solutions for these little problems?

:)

jon80, Apr 6, 2016

2. wifi keeps disconnecting all the time and works fine once i troubleshoot saying " the default gateway is not available" and "fixed"

You are welcome Sushant. Please do keep us updated with your progress.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 6, 2016
  3. wifi keeps disconnecting all the time and works fine once i troubleshoot saying " the default gateway is not available" and "fixed"

What is the exact make and model?

Open Start, type: system information

Hit Enter

Click System summary

Look in the right pane

Copy the system sku info into reply here.

See example: Imgur

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Which version and edition Windows did you originally upgrade from or was installed prior to your current version:

Windows 10 - 1703, 1607, 1511, 1507 (build 10240)

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro

Andre Da Costa, Apr 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

You can use a WiFi scanner (freeware) to check channel use and perhaps change channels on your router.

E.g. Acrylic Wi-fi, Xirrus Wifi Inspector

Also check your Wifi is not connecting to outside routers (see Wifi Sense in Settings).

dalchina, Apr 6, 2016
  5. Download the free version on inSSIDer, scan the airspace, more than likely you're using the 2.4GHz spectrum, whch allows for 3 non-overlapping channels to be used by your home router (1,6 and 11) most routers have an "intelligent" channel scan where they see what channels your neighbours are using and move to a different channel to eliminate co-channel interference. This never works. period. log into your router after running inSSIDer, find what channels are most heavily used, I tend to find that most home grade routers like channel 1, but they are not restricted to this, so they could be on any of the 14 channels available (depending on where you are in the world!) so if you see lots of routers on channel 1, move your router to channel 6 or 11.

The thing to remember with wifi is that it is a half duplex shared medium, no two devices can talk at the same time, so if the airspace is super contested and all the wifi around you is on channel 1 they wait, they listen to see if anyone else is broadcasting, then they broadcast if the airspace is free, but if they see another device talking, it waits and waits and waits for a free period in which to transmit, so moving your wifi channel to one that isn't heavily used is really beneficial.

Preferentially we would use the 5GHz spectrum, its faster, much much bigger in terms of usable airspace, the downside is that it doesnt travel as far as the 2.4GHz, it struggles to go through walls. The 5GHZ has 24 non-overlapping 20MHz channels compared with 3 in the 2.4 spectrum... If your router is so cheap that it isn't dual band, I'd advise sourcing a dual band router! *Smile Happy wifi-ing !

MattWinSlayer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The WiFi keeps disconnecting... - Similar Threads - WiFi keeps disconnecting

2. WIFI keeps in disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI keeps in disconnecting: WIFI driver is updated and the driver was installed using the manufacturer site however I keep getting disconnected. I also update my windows so I dont know what cause. In my browser I keep getting error internet interrupted. I clear cache and try to use different browser and...
  3. WIFI keeps in disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI keeps in disconnecting: WIFI driver is updated and the driver was installed using the manufacturer site however I keep getting disconnected. I also update my windows so I dont know what cause. In my browser I keep getting error internet interrupted. I clear cache and try to use different browser and...
  4. Wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps disconnecting: This problem has been going on for a long time and there is no precise way to describe it on the internet and get an exact solution. So my WiFi will work. It will show in the WiFi symbol at the bottom right of my monitor that I am connected, but the problem is that I really...
  5. Wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi keeps disconnecting: This problem has been going on for a long time and there is no precise way to describe it on the internet and get an exact solution. So my WiFi will work. It will show in the WiFi symbol at the bottom right of my monitor that I am connected, but the problem is that I really...
  6. Wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps disconnecting: This has been going on for a few weeks. Tried to fix it but nothing works. My WiFi keeps disconnecting randomly. I try to reconnect and it says "I can't connect to this network." I have to restart my laptop for it to work. Tried troubleshooting, but it wasn't helpful....
  8. Wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi keeps disconnecting: I have had my pc built for a good while now, basic and relevant (i think) specs are ryzen 5600x, archer tx50e wifi6 intel adapter, 32 gb of ram. I have had the same driver from the archer website downloaded, and it hasn't been updated or revised as of May 2020. I also use a...
  9. Wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi keeps disconnecting: Hello, After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 my WiFi disconnects 2-3 times per day. I have an ASUS X750JB I have installed QUALCOMM WLAN 10.0.3.456 from this site https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/#wlan but I am not sure if should have...
  10. WiFi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi keeps disconnecting: Hello, I just installed Windows 10 on an Asus TUF Gamign A15 laptop and the WiFi just doesn't wanna work properly. It keeps disconnecting and I can't honestly do anything. I've tried updating, installing drivers, everything. It's not a hardware issue for sure cause on Garuda...