Windows 10: The Win 10 Problem That Never Goes Away: Context Menu Inconsistency

Discus and support The Win 10 Problem That Never Goes Away: Context Menu Inconsistency in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Microsoft yet to address context menu inconsistency issue Microsoft tried to tweak Windows 10 in such a way that it would be capable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 19, 2015.

1. The Win 10 Problem That Never Goes Away: Context Menu Inconsistency

The Win 10 Problem That Never Goes Away: Context Menu Inconsistency [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/the-w...ampaign=buffer

Cluster Head, Nov 19, 2015
  2. Edwin New Member

Probably because the Start Menu and Taskbar is coded in XAML, while the others still have Win32 integration of some sort or another.

:)

Edwin, Nov 19, 2015
  3. After working for three or four hours copy and paste stop working and context menu not working.

* Original Title: Copy-paste problem

I have a problem in win 10,

After working for three or four hours copy and paste stop working and context menu not working, any right click appear as blank context menu

Wael Mostafa, Nov 19, 2015
  4. The Win 10 Problem That Never Goes Away: Context Menu Inconsistency

Windows defender in Windows 10 64 bit

It was actually "taken away" in Windows 8/8.1; but “Scan with Windows Defender” was added to the Windows 10 context menu in November:

Windows 10 November Update: Right Click Scan with Windows Defender

In Windows 8/8.1 you can add a Windows Defender command line scan to the context menu with either a downloaded reg file, or a DIY batch file:

"scan with Windows Defender" missing in context menu

GreginMich, Nov 19, 2015
  5. Slugger Win User
    No big deal. Microsoft will fix it along with fixing the themes.

Slugger, Nov 19, 2015
  6. stormy13 Win User
    I would certainly hope so. Three different locations that the context menu does three different things. Would probably look like crap and be confusing as heck if they merged all three of those together.

The Win 10 Problem That Never Goes Away: Context Menu Inconsistency [​IMG]

Then again so go out of there way to find problems where none exist.

stormy13, Nov 20, 2015
  7. waltc Win User
    I can't help but feel sorry for people confused by "inconsistent context menus." I mean, it doesn't take much, does it?....*Wink

waltc, Nov 20, 2015
  8. zooburner Win User

The Win 10 Problem That Never Goes Away: Context Menu Inconsistency

Windows 10 clearly was not designed from the ground up, it's like a mix and match

zooburner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

The Win 10 Problem That Never Goes Away: Context Menu Inconsistency

1. The Win 10 Problem That Never Goes Away: Context Menu Inconsistency - Similar Threads - Problem Never Goes

2. Add Macro to Context Menu Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Add Macro to Context Menu Win 10: Hi, I have a macro in Word that I have assigned to a quick link button, and it sends a print after disabling warning messages (to remove the margins too small message). It's a great little macro (that I borrowed from the internet, ha ha) works really well. My question is,...
  3. context menu problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu problem: Hovering with the mouse on a context menu it usually highlighted the options, now it doesn't, but only for the menus opened upon the desktop or a regular folder, the menus opened on a browser page like this one works as usual. How can i get back the highlight on all menus...
  4. Context menu problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Context menu problem: The very first right click on the desktop take ages to respond on my windows 10 os laptop . But after the first click responds everything is running smooth and good. But only the first right click is very delayed ....please help with this...
  5. The "Activate Windows" message never goes away.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The "Activate Windows" message never goes away.: The "Activate Windows" message never goes away. I have activated windows repeatedly but the message always comes back. Thanks. Dennis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-activate-windows-message-never-goes-away/89a0e2a0-2b21-40a0-8462-12e238ea97ac"
  6. Context menu problem

Context menu problem: Hello, Everyone! Ever since 1903 came out I have noticed then I right-click on [ATTACH] file explorer the context menu open but some of the time it doesn't. Also when in "Setting/Update & Security" when clicking on it it seems to freeze up. Does anyone else have these...
  7. Problem with context menu

Problem with context menu: When I right click on the desktop and choose the item, it gets stuck on the screen. Then I right click again and it works. It is the context menu broken, I think, because it is greyed out until the cursor points at it....
  8. Context Menus - (Inconsistencies)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context Menus - (Inconsistencies): If you're not keen on the 'larger' spacing on some Explorer right click context menus, or, have applied a different 'text size' and, perhaps applied 'Bold' but find that the modifications do not adhere, here's a quick Registry modification to fix that. If you are...
  9. Inconsistent Shell Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Inconsistent Shell Context Menu: I noticed something peculiar this morning. The Explorer right-click context menu is inconsistent on what it displays. For example, when I right-clicked on one folder, it displays the "Add to Windows Media Player List" and "Play with Windows Media Player" options. [img]...
  10. Context Menu Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Problem: When I right-click on an executable, the context menu shows "%1 %* instead of Run. [img] The executable runs when I click "%1 %* I searched the registry but could not find a "%1 %* value. I have no idea how this happened. How can I change it back to Run. Thanks for...