Windows 10: The Win10 upgrade thread - How many PC's are you updating today?

Discus and support The Win10 upgrade thread - How many PC's are you updating today? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just started my first of the day, it's my surface pro3, I've used the media creation tool and just selected the first update my PC option. See... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by z3r010, Jul 28, 2015.

1. z3r010 Win User

The Win10 upgrade thread - How many PC's are you updating today?

I've just started my first of the day, it's my surface pro3, I've used the media creation tool and just selected the first update my PC option.

See step 3 here: How to Upgrade to Windows 10

I've a 8.1 macbook air and a Sony All-In-One to do after that.

:)

z3r010, Jul 28, 2015
  2. tiffy68 Win User

Untitled messages after start up

Hi KC,

Many thanks for your reply. If you have been following this thread, you will appreciate how many other 'users' were affected by the 'unbranded' updates of Win10.

That said I'm sure your positive response came as a relief to all.

Regards,

tiffy68, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Unwanted forced Windows 10 upgrade

So sorry to disagree Westi651 but my Win10 upgrade was forced and there are many threads where the OP says the same thing.

Taffy087, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Magic Win User

I'm going to update it on 2 Machines..... then wait a couple of months to do it on the rest.

Magic, Jul 28, 2015
  5. I am going to hopefully upgrade 2 machines today, The first is my newer ASUS ROG G750JX Laptop which already downloaded the Windows ~ BT folder so it is ready to upgrade from WU.

The 2nd Computer is my oldest which is an almost 7 yr old HP Pavilion Elite m9458f Desktop PC that came with Vista, was upgraded to 7 Ultimate then for $15 bucks Win 8.0 and now destined to run Windows 10 although I will have to use the Media Creation Tool to upgrade it though.

Also I have another purchased copy of Win 7 Pro retail installed on a separate drive on the HP with no intention of upgrading it unless the computer dies within the free upgrade window and I have to build and new computer.

IownAmoneyPit, Jul 28, 2015
  6. bobjoe Win User
    At first I thought you miss typed something... Holy shit, Vista is 8 years old. I feel old.

Anyway, as for the topic, 0 at the moment. I've been seeing some glitches already. I will wait a few weeks.

bobjoe, Jul 28, 2015
  7. NUS
    Nus Win User
  8. bro67 Win User

Just one of our Toshiba Laptops. I have to wait for the wife to tell me that she wants it on hers.

bro67, Jul 28, 2015
  9. doing this too but using the USB Installation Media option doing it internally not a clean install

mattfromoz, Jul 28, 2015
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Going to do it on 1 Laptop and one Self built machine which had W8.1 on it. Then I'll wait for a while to see what happens --still running insider build 10240 on a few others.

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 28, 2015
  11. z3r010 Win User
    I've just finished my macbook air, however the fans (I've never heard them before) are now very loud *Sad

z3r010, Jul 28, 2015
  12. z3r010 Win User
    On reboot my macbook lost internet and no matter what I couldn't get it back up, I've just done a clean install on it now and all seems good so far.

z3r010, Jul 28, 2015
  13. Kyhi Win User

None.. The preview is good enough..
    Windows 8.1 still runs better

14. Boozad Win User
    Two, my backup rig and my laptop. My main rig is staying with 7 and 10 Insider.

Boozad, Jul 28, 2015
  15. There is another trick to force the Windows 10 Update instead of waiting for your machine to be targeted for days, weeks, months checking Windows update.

This was posted in a couple of other threads by fellow member Azcamm and he/she deserves full credit for the trick.

I just tried this method on the HP Desktop and the Windows 10 download started instantly, now I have to restart to begin installation.

IownAmoneyPit, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

1. The Win10 upgrade thread - How many PC's are you updating today? - Similar Threads - Win10 upgrade thread

2. can't upgrade to 2004 update in my win10 pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't upgrade to 2004 update in my win10 pc: hello i bought a new computer of BMAX company who comes with win10 build in. i tried to upgrade to the 2004 update but the tool say "this pc can't be upgraded to windows 10. your pc isn't supported yet on this version of windows 10..." some ideas to solve it?...
  3. Today, you updated my windows10 PC,

in Windows 10 Customization
    Today, you updated my windows10 PC,: After updating my PC, I can no longer open my ADOBE PHOTOSHOP 6. To me this is catastrophic , PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/today-you-updated-my-windows10-pc/32d1005c-9fd2-4f22-95c6-7513afa275b7
  4. how many "why is windows 10 a POS?" thread do you need to make it less ****?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how many "why is windows 10 a POS?" thread do you need to make it less ****?: Question speaks for itself. Hey SATYA, How many "why is windows 10 a POS?" threads/opinions/comments do you need to make it less of a POS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-why-is-windows-10-a-pos-thread-do-you/ba5faf35-8d5a-45f7-ad76-30d8d2c675be
  5. Why are so many threads "Locked"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are so many threads "Locked"?: Some, if not most, don't have working answers yet. What reasons are used in locking the treads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-so-many-threads-locked/00e722d9-0a3a-42e2-92ef-fb05bf78281d
  6. This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10

This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10: Last few days, my pc gets updates prompt, but always freezes and failed to complete the update when I activated the update. So I had to forced restart it and PC undoing the changes made. I don't know what is this issue. This problem now re-appears after more than one year....
  7. Many fails at upgrading Win10 home to Pro

Many fails at upgrading Win10 home to Pro: keep getting error code when trying to upgrade from 10 Home to pro. I purchased upgrade via Microsoft Store. I've looked all online (I googled and ran in circles on the Microsoft page) and my error code somehow isnt showing up anywhere else. someone please help me....
  8. Win10 upgrade on old PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 upgrade on old PC: Okay, here's one out of left field for you guys. I have an Intel Pentium 4 Northwood sl6wk (Yes I am aware that Jesus owned a computer running the same) It meets all the Win10 requirements with flying colors though and is a very fast CPU even by today's standards. I...
  9. Microsoft Updated I.E. Flash Today. How? Win10 Broke?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Updated I.E. Flash Today. How? Win10 Broke?: 9-21-2015 Today I received and installed an update from Microsoft labeled Adobe Flash Player Security Update for Internet Explorer. I don't have the Adobe Flash Player Active-X plug-in installed. In fact, Windows10 won't let me install it. So... why did Microsoft...
  10. Is there a thread for Win10 on old computers?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a thread for Win10 on old computers?: Search didn't turn up any general threads. Curious if there's any interest here on running Win10 on really really old hardware just for fun and of course report on actual usability. 6813