Windows 10: The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will...

Discus and support The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using Asus T200A which is a lightweight PC/Tablet Windows is 10.0.16299 Build 16299 There are too many problems to list The system has got so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by M1000P, Aug 16, 2018.

1. M1000P Win User

The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will...

I am using Asus T200A which is a lightweight PC/Tablet

Windows is 10.0.16299 Build 16299

There are too many problems to list

The system has got so slow and bloated with Windows software with less tha a Gig left on my C: drive, that when I want to open a new application, I have to close down the application I am using, clean everything possible out of system and then sometimes restart (20 minutes +)

Screen rotation has disappeared

The final straw is that for the last few weeks every time I try to restart my PC it tries to install KB4338825

This is the process :-

RESTARTING
    after around 90 seconds “Getting Windows Ready Don’t turn off your computer”
    after around 10 minutes “Restarting”
    after a few minutes I can select Windows 10
    “Scanning and repairung drive The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will... :)c)”
    after another 5 minutes
    PC restarts
    “Getting Windows ready Don’t turn off you computer”
    When Windows starts again
    Windows Update states “Update status - Your device is up to date”
    BUT if I select check for updates I get -

Updates are available

‘”2018-07 Cumaltive Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x86-based Systems (KB4338825)”

then Status: awaiting restart
    If I select ‘resart’ then the whole process starts over - another 20 minutes or so

Update History reports 0x80073712 - file needed by Windows Update is damaged or missing
    Ran Troubleshooter - results Potential Windows Update Database error detected
    Ran sfc /scannow - Windows Protection did not find any integrity violations

:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15
    Image Version: 10.0.16299.492
    [===========================83.7%================ ]
    Error: 0x800f081f
    The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

and then ……

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15
    Image Version: 10.0.16299.492
    [===========================83.7%================ ]
    Error: 0x800f081f
    The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The T200A has 32 Gig C: drive, a 500 Gig iwhen attached to base station and any numer of external usb drives from 14 gig t0 10Tb

Even with everything possible moved off the C: drive there is only around 800 Mb to 1.5 Gig left

I have spent too many hours trying to get windows 10 to work on this PC

I would have loaded Linux in preference to this useless system BUT there are programmes I need to run that will only work under windows
    Is there

1) a way to use another drive for the system
    or 2) A light version of windows 10
    or 3) a way of deleting all of the bloatware (X-Box, Microsoft Edge, Grove Music, Maps etc, etc) to free up space

If not, please give me instructions on how to return to Windows 8 that was working perfectly( I was forced onto Windows 10)

:)

M1000P, Aug 16, 2018

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2018
  4. m4gicfour Win User

The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will...

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

1. The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will... - Similar Threads - was forced bloated

2. Surface is bloated but barely has anything on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface is bloated but barely has anything on it: My Surface Go 2 was purchased a while back but after being serviced for a software issue it's storage is filled up with something but I am unable to locate what it is. I suspect it's Window's files from updates as I have barely anything installed since I keep most of my stuff...
  3. Surface is bloated but barely has anything on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface is bloated but barely has anything on it: My Surface Go 2 was purchased a while back but after being serviced for a software issue it's storage is filled up with something but I am unable to locate what it is. I suspect it's Window's files from updates as I have barely anything installed since I keep most of my stuff...
  4. Need help - Windows 10 is bloated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help - Windows 10 is bloated: I have a relatively new laptop - purchased in November, 2020. I have installed very few and only the essential apps. All my files are in D drive and my C drive is reserved only for Windows and Software installations. However, out of 200 GB space on my C drive, 125 GB is...
  5. Windows 10 Update Forced me to Update to 2004 Version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update Forced me to Update to 2004 Version: I was doing a clean install of Windows 10 1909 yesterday and Windows Update told me I had to update to Windows 10 version 2004. I got the "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". Is there anyway around this or no? submitted by /u/gilby5 [link]...
  6. windows 10 bloating memory with idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 bloating memory with idle: So, I started to note something odd after latest updates came: my system has 24gb of memory, active usage may include up to 6gb at once ...it takes 2-8 hours for windows 10 to start using more than 100% of that 24gb pool ...by not uncommitting blocks but slowly stacking em...
  7. Windows update has forced itself upon me and locked me out of my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update has forced itself upon me and locked me out of my PC: I keep all updates set to only install when I tell windows to do that. So why is Microsoft now forcing windows 10 updates regardless of what I told windows the behavior I wanted? I've pushed this thing aside and tried to reconfigure it, but no, microsoft has to do it this...
  8. Performance Problem That Has Me Totally Stumped

in Windows 10 Support
    Performance Problem That Has Me Totally Stumped: I have a strange and difficult (for me) problem to figure out. I have a user whose machine appears to have a performance problem. Every few days the mouse movement will get herky-jerky and things start to slow down. As soon as she reboots all is fine, until a few days later....
  9. windows bloat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows bloat: Why does windows 10 use so much disk space after installing, is there any plans to reduce this back to the sub 1gb size of yesteryear? the new win 10 update 1903 is said to block an extra 7gb on install on top of it's install size! My last install (1803) was over 16gb, so...
  10. So I downloaded windows through windows update but it forces me to ins

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    So I downloaded windows through windows update but it forces me to ins: I saw since yesterday the option to upgrade to windows 10 pro. Today I started downloading it. I know of the ISO method and have downloaded that to just in case but this way through windows update seems more smooth and safe or am I wrong? I thought it would allow me to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Getting windows ready Dont turn off you computer during restarting windows 10