Windows 10: The Windows Fax Service and Work Folders Service Seem to be missing

Discus and support The Windows Fax Service and Work Folders Service Seem to be missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A security utility that I ran informed me that the the two services are missing. When I issue the WFS command nothing happens. I have no idea what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oao, Nov 16, 2016.

1. OAO
    oao Win User

The Windows Fax Service and Work Folders Service Seem to be missing

A security utility that I ran informed me that the the two services are missing.

When I issue the WFS command nothing happens. I have no idea what the other service is and whether it's necessary.

Can anybody enlighten me and is there a way to reinstall them?

Thanks.

:)

2. **** Snow Win User

Windows Fax Problem

Has anyone found a solution to copying Windows Fax documents from one computer to another?
    If you do copy them, the file names are not the same for faxes on the second computer.
    On the second computer, I tried stopping the fax service, then going to the registry (HKLM_Software/Microsoft/fax/accounts, then deleting the account (S-1-5-21-XXXX).
    I then went back to the fax service/properties, set to log on as a local account, started the service and set it for automatic.
    I then started Windows fax and a new account was created in the registry with the same number.
    I also made sure the fax file names were the correct number shown in the registry.
    I also tried the fax files in the default directory c:\programdata\microsoft\windowsnt\msfax and also tried in a folder I created, with the same results.
    I have three computers ((Windows 10), one worked, the other two won’t.
    The fax files were created in Windows 8. I created a fax account in the program, but I'm unable to see the old faxes in the sent items folder. I see the welcome fax.

**** Snow, Nov 16, 2016
  3. 9300 fax and e ail problems

Hi

spoke to service provider they told me the following

ref e mail: The pop settings i had from Yahoo were wrong for the smtp.New settings worked fine.

ref fax: I required a fax number from the service provider.

This fixed the problem

Great phone only missing camera to be complete

Thanks for all of your help

Dan

danjones321, Nov 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you can try Tweaking.com's repair tool (free, cautious) which includes a Windows service repair option. (Easy to find the tool- just search)
    Observe the cautious stages, use only the repair you need- deselect all others.

dalchina, Nov 17, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    To use the Windows FAX service, you must have a Dial-Up Modem installed on the computer to dial out to the other FAX machine and a Land Line enabled.
    Go to Start/Search and type services.msc and press enter. Scroll down to FAX and double click it. The Startup Type should be set for Manual, and the Service should only be started if you have a Dial-Up Modem and are ready to send or receive a FAX across a Land Line. .
    As for the other service, this only works if you have setup Work Folders on remote computers you access across your network. This service is also set for Manual and should only start if you have Work Folders enabled.

spunk, Nov 18, 2016
  6. AndreyT Win User
    Both "Fax Service" and "Work Folders" are Windows components that can be freely installed/uninstalled through Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off.

So, the first thing to check would be to go there and see whether you actually have them installed. If you don't, then no wonder these services are missing.

If Windows Features dialog actually shows them as [supposedly] installed, then you can try unchecking them and thus uninstalling them. And then you can revisit the same dialog and try checking them again to reinstall them (if you actually care to have them).

AndreyT, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. The Windows Fax Service and Work Folders Service Seem to be missing - Similar Threads - Fax Service Folders

2. Windows Update Service is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Service is missing: Hello, the windows update service is missing from my computer, I have tried resetting this pc but it didn't work, DISM and SFC scannow did not work, troubleshooters did not work, what do I do?...
  3. Fax Service Cancel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fax Service Cancel: HELP!!!! We tried to sign up for the MS Fax service. Said the trial was free for 7 days. When we tried to get a fax number assigned so we can use the service then MicroSoft charged $24.99 + $149.99 for the number instantly to the credit card. We hit cancel and called the...
  4. Windows update service missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update service missing: Whenever I try to update windows I get the error 0x80070424 i have checked in the registry and it is completely missing. Can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-service-missing/04c0859e-d514-4422-926d-c6081340623a
  5. WINDOWS SERVICES ARE MISSING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS SERVICES ARE MISSING: Windows Defender service are missing in services. The only service that I found was Windows Firewall, other than that I can't find any Windows Defender Service at Services. Moreover, Windows Defender Virus & Protection stopped running, and whenever I press "Restart Now" it...
  6. WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP: This problem occurs in W10 v2004 in its latest build, and probably the previous one as well. The Services, while missing in the "Services" screen, cause no problem for your PC. Because they are not really missing. The problem that they will cause, is to misinform...
  7. Missing Service?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Service?: Not sure if this should be here so I apologize. Currently I have Windows 10 build 2004 19041.388 Is it just me or has "Computer Browser" just disappeared? I checked my other systems with the same Windows version and it is gone from the list. 161046
  8. Windows services missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows services missing: with the whole Pso2 mess , now im having issues login into xbox live , resintalled xbox live , installed all the apps that are required to run it , i click sign in and nothing happens! , after wondering wth was going on , i noticed that in w10 services im supposed to have...
  9. Windows/services folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows/services folder: I have done something really stupid and I've deleted TrustedInstaller and all of its registries, because of how suspicious it looked and the misleading websites that have said that it is malware and should be deleted. I can't run SFC scan OR the restoreimage commands on my...
  10. fax modem and fax service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fax modem and fax service: Hi there. Got a Conexant USB modem CX93010 ACF. Yesterday, after the upgrade to Win 10, I was able to receive faxes, but there is no log being kept, no faxes saved as it was with Win 8.1. It just prints them out. Today it does no longer receive them. Sending has not been...