Windows 10: The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly.

Discus and support The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). That's the Event Viewer error message at every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by borgus, Dec 6, 2015.

1. borgus Win User

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly.

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

That's the Event Viewer error message at every reboot (appears to occur during the shutdown phase).
    There is a concurrent fault listed for the Canon scanner driver, CNC210C.DLL, which is not corrupted.

Clues on how to banish these errors? Or should they simply be ignored, as they do no apparent harm....

:)

borgus, Dec 6, 2015
  2. borate Win User

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly

Thanks for the info...

The latest released Windows build + updates are installed. (Build 1151)

The appropriate services are set to automatic and running.

The scanner driver has been uninstalled and reinstalled.

No change. Still seeing these errors at (most) every boot.

borate, Dec 6, 2015
  3. borate Win User
    The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

That's the Event Viewer error message at every reboot (appears to occur during the shutdown phase).

There is a concurrent fault listed for the Canon scanner driver, CNC210C.DLL, which is not corrupted.

Clues on how to banish these errors? Or should they simply be ignored, as they do no apparent harm....

borate, Dec 6, 2015
  4. socklosk Win User

Ignore the problems until Microsoft provides a fix. It really does not cause problems that I could see, and windows still boots very fast using a SSD.

socklosk, Dec 6, 2015
  5. mikolajek Win User
    I'm experiencing the exact same issue after every reboot. However it seems to generate no problems.

mikolajek, Dec 29, 2015
  6. borgus Win User
    Since my initial query I've spoken with Canon, who created the CNC210C.DL driver, dating back to 2009. No further updates will be forthcoming. The rep indicated that the last O/S it formally supported was W7.

Thus the Canon MP210 printer/scanner may not perform optimally in Windows 10, and its driver may be responsible for the associated WIA Event Viewer errors. The WIA error is always teamed with a CNC210C error, so this makes sense.

The older printer still works well, with the minor annoyance that the scanner driver now must be selected after each boot.

borgus, Dec 29, 2015
  7. mikolajek Win User
    Do you think it can be a Canon-specific problem? In fact I have a Canon scanner, though it's not that old... (LIDE 210) and Windows 10 drivers are available...

mikolajek, Dec 29, 2015
  8. borgus Win User

If that printer's specs list support for W10, I'd think not. But that's speculation on my part. You could discuss the issue with Canon.
    Simply ignoring the error messages is likely the best course of action.

borgus, Dec 29, 2015
  9. mikolajek Win User
    Yep, that's what I'm doing *Smile. I've reinstalled the Win 10 driver got from the Canon's site, but with no effect...

mikolajek, Dec 29, 2015
  10. borgus Win User
    Try this: type SERVICES in the search box (bottom-left of Desktop) and scroll to the "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)" item. Double-click on it and change the Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start). Click APPLY/OK.

No harm will come of this, and you can always change it back to the original setting. The errors still appear occasionally, but less frequently it seems. Something to ignore.

borgus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. - Similar Threads - Image Acquisition WIA

2. Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly: Acer Nitro 5 with Windows 11 Os Build 22621.2070Windows does not detect any input or output audio devices. No test sounds are able to be played and no devices are available to enable/disable. On the Windows Event Viewer, I am seeing and error with Event ID 7031:Text: The...
  3. Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly: Acer Nitro 5 with Windows 11 Os Build 22621.2070Windows does not detect any input or output audio devices. No test sounds are able to be played and no devices are available to enable/disable. On the Windows Event Viewer, I am seeing and error with Event ID 7031:Text: The...
  4. Windows Image Acquisition WIA sometimes not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Image Acquisition WIA sometimes not working: The problem starts with Epson Scan 2 software didn't open. When I searched for the solution, one of them was to restart Windows Image Acquisition WIA service. After that, the software worked properly.And then, for a long period, sometimes Epson Scan 2 doesn't want to open...
  5. Windows Image Acquisition WIA sometimes not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Image Acquisition WIA sometimes not working: The problem starts with Epson Scan 2 software didn't open. When I searched for the solution, one of them was to restart Windows Image Acquisition WIA service. After that, the software worked properly.And then, for a long period, sometimes Epson Scan 2 doesn't want to open...
  6. The Energy Server Service queencreek service terminated unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Energy Server Service queencreek service terminated unexpectedly.: What is this WARNING message that appears in Event Viewer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-energy-server-service-queencreek-service/ad99b9d3-173a-4b0e-abf3-1ab8ae652dc3
  7. Windows Image Acquisition service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Image Acquisition service: This seems like a bug to me, but just be sure. Every time I turn off and turn on the printer/scanner I have to restart the Windows Image Acquisition service in order to have Windows access to it. Mind 'Restart' not 'Start' as it is automatically started, the service just...
  8. Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly

Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly: Can start the service in services.msc but when it is required to do anything such as manage a printer, or try to add a printer, it will stop. Event ID 7034 - The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 times. I have checked the dependencies and...
  9. "The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly"

"The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly": Hi, It seems update 1903 broke my Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 builtin Creative sound card. It's now randomly crashing several times a day, which is getting extremely annoying. I asked both Creative and Gigabyte support for this, both don't care at all and just blame Microsoft....
  10. Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly: Also Windows search service has failed to create the new search index Failed to find gather Application: Windows Windows Search service terminated wit the following error: The system cannot find the drive specified. I am getting these errors in the Event Viewer Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows image acquisition (wia) service terminated unexpectedly

2. windows image acquisition service terminated unexpectedly

3. canon the windows image acquisition (wia) service terminated unexpectedly.

4. the windows image acquisition (wia) service terminated unexpectedly. it has done this 1 time(s).,
  5. terminal-services-lsm-applicationlag-9512