Windows 10: The WSD protocol identifies an computer on the LAN

Discus and support The WSD protocol identifies an computer on the LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi In Windows 10 v1511, I noticed that it uses WSD protocol to identify a computer with Windows 7 SP1 on my LAN (peer to peer). How come it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by balubeto, Nov 29, 2015.

1. balubeto Win User

The WSD protocol identifies an computer on the LAN

Hi

In Windows 10 v1511, I noticed that it uses WSD protocol to identify a computer with Windows 7 SP1 on my LAN (peer to peer). How come it does not use the NetBIOS protocol?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Nov 29, 2015

2. Win 10 keeps changing my printer static IP port to WSD, already turned off windows printer management

Go to a problem computer. Click Add Port... and select TCP/IP and enter the IP. Make that the port it uses for that printer. Then delete the WSD port (if it lets you which it doesn't always). Assuming the right driver was used, it should print. If not, go
    to Advanced under Printer Properties and select New Driver... and insert the .inf of the PCL5 or PS driver. If you have the installer for printer, and it doesn't just give you this, use something like 7-zip to extract the driver file out of it. Use appropriately
    the x86 or x64 driver and insert the driver. See if that doesn't fix your problem. But auto-discovering the printer's driver adds a WSD port. That's your problem.

WSD is a problem protocol when it comes to printers. Just avoid using it at all costs.

GregSheridan, Nov 29, 2015
  3. After Build 10586 Update Computers Not Showing Up in Network Folder

All my PCs show Discovery by NetBIOS and no IP address (yet I know they all have an IP address). How does WSD work and were is its protocols installed. I've done a search of the World Wide Wait and haven't come up with much.

After typing the above I went back and checked and now they are all showing discovery by WSD, but (3 PC currently turned on) the one I'm using is showing its loop back address, one is showing its IP$ address, and the last one is showing an IP6 address.

SEwing1243, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

The WSD protocol identifies an computer on the LAN

1. The WSD protocol identifies an computer on the LAN - Similar Threads - WSD protocol identifies

2. how to make the Window Add Printer For Protocol WSD and IPP in C#

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make the Window Add Printer For Protocol WSD and IPP in C#: I want to create a window similar to the Windows ADD Printer window in C#, which prompts the user for an IP address and automatically adds the printer, retrieving the driver, printer name, and any necessary details from the IP. Please help, thank you.I want to simulate this...
  3. how to make the Window Add Printer For Protocol WSD and IPP in C#

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make the Window Add Printer For Protocol WSD and IPP in C#: I want to create a window similar to the Windows ADD Printer window in C#, which prompts the user for an IP address and automatically adds the printer, retrieving the driver, printer name, and any necessary details from the IP. Please help, thank you.I want to simulate this...
  4. Restricting Remote Desktop Protocol to certain IP addresses on my LAN...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restricting Remote Desktop Protocol to certain IP addresses on my LAN...: I have a question about Remote Desktop. I want the one machine I connect to using Remote Desktop to only accept incoming connections from two computers on my internal network. I've consulted several articles online and in spite of editing the existing firewall rules to only...
  5. Unable to identify network via LAN connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to identify network via LAN connection: Good am/pm everyone, I've been having this problem for over a week, so I came here for some help. I have a Windows To Go thumb drive that the company send to me to input data and send it over via transmission. However, it won't connect to a LAN connection wired and the only...
  6. Unable to identify network via LAN connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to identify network via LAN connection: Good am/pm everyone, I've been having this problem for over a week, so I came here for some help. I have a Windows To Go thumb drive that the company send to me to input data and send it over via transmission. However, it won't connect to a LAN connection wired and the only...
  7. set up WSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    set up WSD: How to set up WSD so I can scan to computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-wsd/17f18f49-c5fe-4dce-bb7a-124bc432beb8
  8. wsd port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wsd port: Auch nach mehrmaliger Installation wird mein HP-Drucker immer an WSD-Port angeschlossen, kein Druck. Kann mir da wer helfen? mfg Günther https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsd-port/53983e51-ba8e-45b6-802d-2b8fb623ca55
  9. wsd scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wsd scan: Is my computer with windows 10 set up to use wsd scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsd-scan/0baba924-4f23-492a-9ca3-ca53d2bb8968"
  10. Identifying computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Identifying computer: Office is installed on laptop blah blah but this doesn't match device blah blah. where do I find all this info on my laptops to to match up all the devices and products. It might as well be in greek. I don't want office on a small laptop but I do want it on my large one...