Windows 10: Theme resetting at reboot

Discus and support Theme resetting at reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings. I found some nice themes at your thread here: Solved Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members - Windows 10 Forums I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Burgurne, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Burgurne Win User

Theme resetting at reboot

Burgurne, Oct 4, 2015

2. N97 upgraded to V11; video playback even worse

Not that I have a problem - but that IS a good thought about the themes - I am just wondering if themes are causing other problems?

Perhaps anyone with strange problems should test with the phone reset (and probably rebooted) to a default theme.

au_n97_user, Oct 4, 2015
  3. aninda_d Win User
    Nokia 5800 reboots while opening Themes menu

My 5800xm reboots whenever I try opening Themes menu. I had downloaded a theme from Ovi store and then this started happening. Any suggestions other than a hard reset or reinstalling phone firmware? Thanks in advance....

aninda_d, Oct 4, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Burgurne, *Smile

After you change your theme to how you like, save it to see if it sticks.

Theme - Save in Windows 8

If not, then it may be syncing the theme from your Microsoft account. It may take a bit of fighting to set it back to what you want a few times before it syncs and stays without changing. Otherwise, you could turn off the "theme" sync setting to see if it stays set afterwards.

Sync Settings - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Oct 4, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Like Brink said with the syncing, try also after setting the theme go to Settings>>Accounts>>Sync your settings, and turn it off for a few seconds, then turn it back on and it will should resync with you then current settings.

Cliff S, Oct 4, 2015
  6. Burgurne Win User
    Thank's for the info. I will try saving again when I got home from job. Sync is allready OFF, because I have this laptop at my work, and it is on my gamer-rig at home I have the problem with themes going back. As I do 2 very different thins with these 2 PC's sync is (for me) a bad idea, so it is not the option "sync PC" that teases me Theme resetting at reboot :)

Burgurne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Theme resetting at reboot - Similar Threads - Theme resetting reboot

2. Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?: So I made a new theme for my dual-monitor setup and saved it RM. Nothing too fancy, just colors and wallpapers. But upon switching off the PC and starting it again, the current theme sets to "custom" and not my saved theme "RM". The "custom" theme settings are identical...
  3. Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?: So I made a new theme for my dual-monitor setup and saved it RM. Nothing too fancy, just colors and wallpapers. But upon switching off the PC and starting it again, the current theme sets to "custom" and not my saved theme "RM". The "custom" theme settings are identical...
  4. How to reset touch keyboard theme?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset touch keyboard theme?: Hi, I use Auto Dark Mode app to change my Windows theme accordingly to current time. And before I played with new touch keyboard settings, my keyboard was following global Windows theme dark theme - dark keyboard and vice versaAnd since dark and light keyboard themes are...
  5. How to reset touch keyboard theme?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset touch keyboard theme?: Hi, I use Auto Dark Mode app to change my Windows theme accordingly to current time. And before I played with new touch keyboard settings, my keyboard was following global Windows theme dark theme - dark keyboard and vice versaAnd since dark and light keyboard themes are...
  6. Theme/colour resets after reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theme/colour resets after reboot: Hey, I've recently been having issues since updating to the latest version of windows where every time I turn my pc on the theme/colour resets. I like to have the colour set to dark mode as to not be blinded by a bright white screen whenever I use the computer but for some...
  7. Reset the Windows 10 Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset the Windows 10 Theme: The latest update has changed the look and feel of my tool bar, apps, screen etc. How can I change the look and feel/theme/colours back to the default Windows 10?...
  8. mouse theme is returning to basic when rebooting.

mouse theme is returning to basic when rebooting.: [ATTACH] I changed theme of mouse pointer as I uploaded, but when I reboot then theme is returning to basic one every time. If I open that settings up and push 'OK', the theme will be succeed to use until system turns off. but I feel really uncomfortable. I'm using...
  9. How to Reset Windows 10 Theme to Default

How to Reset Windows 10 Theme to Default: I recently changed my Windows 10 theme to the color "dark grey." Now that's the color of everything of course and I can't seem to change it back. I never changed it before, it used to be the top bar of applications was white while the task bar was black. Now its all one...
  10. Reboot after installation of Luna theme, black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot after installation of Luna theme, black screen: My computer is stuck at a black screen after installing an Luna theme and using Classic Shell. Any help please and thank you. 4867