Windows 10: Theme settings - missing Desktop Background functionality

Discus and support Theme settings - missing Desktop Background functionality in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to select which pictures from a theme I would like to use for my background. To be more specific, I want to disable a few pictures. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dudley, Aug 15, 2015.

1. dudley Win User

Theme settings - missing Desktop Background functionality

I would like to select which pictures from a theme I would like to use for my background. To be more specific, I want to disable a few pictures. This used to be possible in Win 7/Win 8.1 by going to the Theme settings (in win 10: Personalize/Themes/Theme Settings), and clicking an icon called Desktop Background on the bottom of the page.

I do not see that icon on Win 10. Is it somewhere else?

Thanks.

:)

dudley, Aug 15, 2015
  2. sndry29 Win User

How do you resize, fit or tile personal desktop background under Themes?

How do you resize, fit or tile personal desktop background under Themes? The option seems to be missing on the Themes screen.

sndry29, Aug 15, 2015
  3. DanDolgin Win User
    Background colour of applications, under Windows 10 I haven't been able to find this function

My windows app menu (Windows 10) is missing the color background completely. When I open the app menu, the background is using same as my start menu (Windows Desktop), which is my windows theme background. I checked all the color choices in Settings.
    I can't find anything telling it to not use a background color for the windows apps. I can restart and see if that fixes it.

DanDolgin, Aug 15, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Aug 15, 2015
  5. OCH
    och Win User
    Same issue as the op is having - you can't change the background of a theme that contains multiple images. The option 6 in the tutorial is NOT present in Windows 10. You get stuck with the first image in the theme, and the only way to change theme image is to scroll to hidden folder - appdata\local\microsoft\windows\themes in you user folder, and manually changing image.

Windows 7 used to let us change theme image right from the control panel, and had the option to shuffle theme image at certain intervals.

6. dudley Win User
    Thanks och, going to appdata\local\microsoft\windows\themes and deleting the unwanted images did the trick.

dudley, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Theme settings - missing Desktop Background functionality - Similar Threads - Theme settings missing

2. Set Desktop Background "Span" fit setting not functioning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Desktop Background "Span" fit setting not functioning.: I would like to set a single image as my desktop background across my two monitors. For this purpose I have prepared a single image sized to fit the screens exactly - it has a resolution of 3840x1080 pixels, i.e. two 1920x1080 screens side by side. When I select the image in...
  3. Set Desktop Background "Span" fit setting not functioning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Desktop Background "Span" fit setting not functioning.: I would like to set a single image as my desktop background across my two monitors. For this purpose I have prepared a single image sized to fit the screens exactly - it has a resolution of 3840x1080 pixels, i.e. two 1920x1080 screens side by side. When I select the image in...
  4. Set Desktop Background "Span" fit setting not functioning.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. missing background settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing background settings: Since yesterday my Classic Jigsaw blocks are twice as large as they were before and I've lost about half of my background setting choices. Anyone know how I can shrink the blocks and get my favorite background settingsback?...
  6. Desktop background theme again :-)

Desktop background theme again :-): Thanks to Ruth Buruga for telling me how to change the time a desk theme image is displayed using the registry editor. Can you tell me where the image is stored that displays after the system is started and just shows user names? Thank You....
  7. background themes

background themes: How can I previews the pictures in the Microsoft themes under my personalization file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-themes/9090c28a-a194-4b8f-beb6-065d3af2426d
  8. Backgrounds and Themes

Backgrounds and Themes: I would like to use one photo from a Microsoft downloaded Theme that has 20 different background photos, for my permanent background wallpaper. Is there a way to do this? The options in the background settings do not let me pick one picture permanently, it forces me to...
  9. Select theme pictures-Desktop Background

Select theme pictures-Desktop Background: I can't find the lower panel in the Personalization view. The one where I can select or deselect pictures in a saved theme. I see it on my work desktop running Pro but not on a Home machine. Please don't tell me that's the reason, Home vs Pro? For something simple like...
  10. Can't change Theme settings for Desktop Background, Window Color, Soun

Can't change Theme settings for Desktop Background, Window Color, Soun: Navigating to Settings > Personalization > Themes > Theme Settings, we get to the Personalization window for Themes same as on Win 7. In the window it states "Click a theme to change the desktop background, color, and sounds all at once." However, the icons normally at...