Windows 10: Theme Slideshow folder unchangeable

Discus and support Theme Slideshow folder unchangeable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I created a new theme and added a slideshow background. It worked fine. I then wanted to create a new theme with a different folder. No matter how I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by moont, Oct 3, 2015.

1. moont Win User

Theme Slideshow folder unchangeable

I created a new theme and added a slideshow background. It worked fine. I then wanted to create a new theme with a different folder. No matter how I attempt to create that new theme, ie. many different starting points, the folder from the original theme seems to be locked in. Any time I pick slideshow, that folder shows up and if I browse and choose a different folder, the new folder does not take. I've even deleted that first slideshow theme but the folder still shows on any theme I create and won't change. Grrrrrrr! Anyone else having the same problem? Ideas?

:)

moont, Oct 3, 2015
  2. Dschizo Win User

Windows 10 - where are custom themes' pictures stored

Ok so I followed the link and found where my custom theme is located, but there is no folder containing the images in my slideshow. They're just part of the theme file, and I can't find a folder with the images. Is there any way to access them? I just
    want to add more images to my slideshow.

Dschizo, Oct 3, 2015
  3. Combining themes in Windows 10

I did this successfully, by doing the following:

1. Download and install all the themes you want to include in your custom theme.

2. Create a folder to store your custom theme. I named mine "All Themes".

3. Navigate to C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes (or you can just copy/paste "%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes").

4. All of your downloaded themes should be here. Within each theme folder, there should be a subfolder named "DesktopBackground" that contains the individual images. Copy these to your custom theme folder.

5. Go to Settings, Personalization, Background.

6. Make sure Background is set to Slideshow.

7. Under "Choose albums for your slideshow", click "Browse", navigate to your custom theme folder, and select it.

That's it! Worked for me.

crystldawn, Oct 3, 2015
Thema:

Theme Slideshow folder unchangeable

1. Theme Slideshow folder unchangeable - Similar Threads - Theme Slideshow folder

2. How to make a theme not turn into a slideshow but instead a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a theme not turn into a slideshow but instead a picture: I need help with this because my wallpaper keeps changing because of the theme, I can't select the picture I want on the theme. Can I select a picture from a slideshow on a theme in Windows 10?...
  3. How to make a theme not turn into a slideshow but instead a picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make a theme not turn into a slideshow but instead a picture: I need help with this because my wallpaper keeps changing because of the theme, I can't select the picture I want on the theme. Can I select a picture from a slideshow on a theme in Windows 10?...
  4. How to make a theme not turn into a slideshow but instead a picture

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. ICACLS permissions to make a folder and it's contents unchangeable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ICACLS permissions to make a folder and it's contents unchangeable?: We have a document management system on a Windows Server 2019 system NTFS filesystem that holds many PDF documents. The DM is organized by subject customer name, vendor name, etc. with sub-folders for each individual year as in the following...
  6. Leave the icon of folders with contents unchanged?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Leave the icon of folders with contents unchanged?: In Windows 10, you have the normal folder icons that change when the folder is full, so you can more or less see the files in it. Is there a way to prevent this icon change when the folder fills up? Icon von Ordner mit Inhalten unverändert lassen?
  7. Wallpaper Slideshow Themes

Wallpaper Slideshow Themes: For those who have a wallpaper slideshow themes, what is your theme? My current one, which I've have for the past four years, is slideshow of 2,000+ high-res artworks from major artists from western civilization, curated from Wikimedia Commons and elsewhere and meticulously...
  8. THEMES shows in setting but not in theme folder inside local folder!

THEMES shows in setting but not in theme folder inside local folder!: I have windows 10 Ent has themes showing in setting but while i am trying to find in C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes no files found related to themes files name Please advice how to trace that themes files...
  9. Windows themes not showing up in themes folder

Windows themes not showing up in themes folder: I recently downloaded some themes from the Windows store and noticed that they aren't showing up in my themes folder. The last time I downloaded themes was in May. The ones I downloaded on 7-18-18 and on haven't shown up in my themes folder...
  10. saving the current slideshow as a desktop theme

saving the current slideshow as a desktop theme: would like to save current slide show am using on desktop as a theme that can transfer to other computers. Am using windows 10 which is updated regularly, Cannot find the save button and when click on custom themes there is only one image when actually there is a lot more....