Windows 10: Themes no longer easily found under personalize

Discus and support Themes no longer easily found under personalize in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to change my slide show of pictures as background theme. Now when I right click on the desktop , then click on personalize , I get a pop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sportflyer, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Themes no longer easily found under personalize

I was trying to change my slide show of pictures as background theme. Now when I right click on the desktop , then click on personalize , I get a pop up that is different from what I had before. Now the theme selections are no longer displayed for easy selection . In its place is a browse button so I had to browse to where the original themes I downloaded are stored. ie users/name/appdata/local/microsoft/windows/themes .

Is this normal ? I don't recall having to do this after upgraded to win 10 . Any ideas ?

If this is the new norm , then can I move the downloaded Themes folders containing the pictures to another location like "my pictures " so I can easily navigate to them and change the photo selection ?

Tks

:)

sportflyer, Oct 11, 2015
  2. cyote13 Win User

Editing my themes in Windows 10

I upgraded to windows 10 and found that I can no longer edit my themes, nor can I add anymore personal themes. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

cyote13, Oct 11, 2015
  3. How do I edit Themes?

Once the theme is selected, editing things under the Settings application in Personalize will edit that theme. The sound options are under Settings :: Personalize :: Themes .

zachd [MSFT], Oct 11, 2015
  4. Themes no longer easily found under personalize

I found the problem . I should have clicked on Theme , then theme settings. I was distracted by the button for background photos *Sad

sportflyer, Oct 11, 2015
Thema:

Themes no longer easily found under personalize

1. Themes no longer easily found under personalize - Similar Threads - Themes longer easily

2. HKEY_CURRENT _USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Th emes\Personalize Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HKEY_CURRENT _USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Th emes\Personalize Not Found: when I want to open this address HKEY_CURRENT _USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize I cant Because I cant found the Personalize file in the Themes How I can fix it ?...
  3. HKEY_CURRENT _USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Th emes\Personalize Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HKEY_CURRENT _USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Th emes\Personalize Not Found: when I want to open this address HKEY_CURRENT _USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize I cant Because I cant found the Personalize file in the Themes How I can fix it ?...
  4. HKEY_CURRENT _USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Th emes\Personalize Not Found

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes

Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes: I can't find a way to delete a custom theme. I replace the background with a picture and 10 min. later the theme photos return. Even when I choose another theme it only lasts 10 minutes before reverting back. HDI delete this persistent theme?...
  6. Cant open themes settings under personalization

Cant open themes settings under personalization: Hello, yesterday i installed a new theme under Win 10, but now im not able to popen the themes settings anylonger ! When i click the themes button under the personalization settings for a short times a loading mouse pointer appers and then the settins app is being closed....
  7. Personalize the theme

Personalize the theme: Previous version of the windows 10 has a option to modify the background image of a theme. So I can easily get a mark on the image which I want on my background but in this version of windows I can't find it. Can anyone help me with that?...
  8. Themes downloaded from Store unavailable under Personalization

Themes downloaded from Store unavailable under Personalization: Hi. I usually install themes from Store. Recently occurred the problem with it: when I get apps(in this case any theme), in Store it is supposed to be installed and its(theme) status is owned. But when I go to the settings to apply this theme, I can't find in the list of the...
  9. Personalization(List of Themes)

Personalization(List of Themes): Hi. I usually install themes from Store. Recently occurred the problem with it: when I get apps(in this case any theme), in Store it is supposed to be installed and its(theme) status is owned. But when I go to the settings to apply this theme, I can't find in the list of the...
  10. Personal Theme Names

Personal Theme Names: I created a personal theme, as in a photo of my doggie.....BUT, had pics of two different dogs... I named it then realized I put the wrong dog name on it. I want to edit it to be correct. How do I do that?...