Windows 10: Themes not syncing backgrounds

Discus and support Themes not syncing backgrounds in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a theme on my desktop PC which obtains its backgrounds from a folder in My Documents. There are about 300 in there. I have no issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zaarin2003, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Themes not syncing backgrounds

Hi,

I have a theme on my desktop PC which obtains its backgrounds from a folder in My Documents. There are about 300 in there. I have no issues with the theme using all the backgrounds available.

Until, that is, I switch on the sync theme option. Then the theme which magically appears on my laptop is the same, but only has about 10 backgrounds which the theme is accessing in a new folder called Desktopbackgrounds. In other words, they don't all sync across.

I go back to my desktop PC and it then has the same issue. Instead of using the folder in My Documents with all my backgrounds in, it is also only using the 10 or so stored in the roaming folder Desktopbackgrounds.

Its a real shame, because I'd like to sync my theme across my PC and laptop, but if it doesn't let more than 10 backgrounds sync, whats the point!

Anyone else have this issue?

Matt

:)

zaarin2003, Nov 24, 2015

2. How do I stop Windows 10 from changing my theme picture every day

Which theme picture and background picture are you referring to?

You can set your desktop background picture in Settings under Personalization :: Background.

Do you use multiple systems? If you're using multiple systems, you might want to turn off the Sync your settings :: Theme option, as that would sync your backgrounds across systems.

zachd [MSFT], Nov 24, 2015
  3. start menu background

vinodhanmoodley, Nov 24, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Themes not syncing backgrounds

5. Sorry I wasn't clear. That won't help because I store My Documents on Onedrive already. I have Onedrive running on both machines.

It simply seems that a synced theme has a small limited number of backgrounds that it syncs.

zaarin2003, Nov 24, 2015
  6. Anni Win User
    I have the same issue.

7. Preppy Win User
    This is correct. The auto-sync of themes limits their maximum size. If you want a "full size" theme, you will need to manually sync/copy it across machines.

Preppy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Themes not syncing backgrounds

1. Themes not syncing backgrounds - Similar Threads - Themes syncing backgrounds

2. Background Theme is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Theme is blank: When I log into my computer, my background is blue instead of showing my themes. Below is the problem I am having. How do I change this? What seems to be the problem?...
  3. background theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    background theme: in background themes 1 image states it has 16 images. How do i access these 16 images? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-theme/f5581b60-a908-45b7-8c4e-d59139f207f0
  4. Syncing themes

Syncing themes: I have been able to sync my clipboard to 2 devices but I unable to sync themes like background colours. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-themes/b9a4f6e8-94eb-4d3c-a3f9-598a1cd33da5
  5. background themes

background themes: I decided to add another picture to my desktop, not microsoft pic now i am getting my new pic showing , plus some family pics showing in sideshow even though I have it set at 'pictures' and not 'sideshow'....
  6. Background and Theme won't Sync Between Surface Devices

Background and Theme won't Sync Between Surface Devices: Greetings, all! I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7 and am trying to sync the background wallpaper and theme with a Surface Laptop 3 both running Windows 10. It's been several days and the wallpaper/theme is still not in sync, however. Here is a chronological list of steps...
  7. background themes

background themes: How can I previews the pictures in the Microsoft themes under my personalization file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-themes/9090c28a-a194-4b8f-beb6-065d3af2426d
  8. Background themes

Background themes: I downloaded and installed a slideshow from the Microsoft Store. I can't find where it's located, and it's not where the backgrounds/themes are located. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-themes/cd33196f-a5e0-4ca4-a1e1-8fbe71eddf35
  9. Backgrounds and Themes

Backgrounds and Themes: I would like to use one photo from a Microsoft downloaded Theme that has 20 different background photos, for my permanent background wallpaper. Is there a way to do this? The options in the background settings do not let me pick one picture permanently, it forces me to...
  10. Synced Theme

Synced Theme: Have created a background, set a specific color to the taskbar, etc. When I check Windows 10 in VMware(!) (Control Panel->Appearance and Personalization->Personalization) I noticed a Synchronized Theme. The background indeed is the same as on my host-pc, however the...