Windows 10: There are two user accounts shown in Windows C: drive but one of them does not appear in...

Discus and support There are two user accounts shown in Windows C: drive but one of them does not appear in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Under Users in the Windows C: drive, there are 4 users listed: Default, Karen, kwsta, and Public. The "Default" is mostly empty as is "Karen", and most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KarenWStarr, Aug 12, 2018.

1. There are two user accounts shown in Windows C: drive but one of them does not appear in...

Under Users in the Windows C: drive, there are 4 users listed: Default, Karen, kwsta, and Public. The "Default" is mostly empty as is "Karen", and most of my data is in "kwsta". In Control Panel and Settings both, only a user (administrator) account with my full name appears. This is a new computer, installed in March of this year. I did not create the "kwsta" user account, to my remembrance, and I think that this plethora of user accounts is causing problems with my Carbonite account and possibly other processes as well. I am the only user and would like there to be only one user account. How do I go about fixing this?

Thanks for any help provided!

:)

KarenWStarr, Aug 12, 2018

2. laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, Aug 12, 2018
  3. 1lostuser Win User
    User Accounts As Shown

Under users on drive C: have all of the following plus my user account:
    .Net v4.5
    .Net v4.5 Classic
    Admini~1
    All users
    Default Users
    Default.Migrated
    Default App Pool
    Public
    However when I go to users in control panel only shows my account. Also at times when doing some checks and
    troubleshooting says must be logged in as administrator but my account is labeled as administrator. Can anyone
    tell me how or if I can get rid of all the user listings other than mine.
    Thanks

1lostuser, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

There are two user accounts shown in Windows C: drive but one of them does not appear in...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown There are two user accounts shown in Windows C: drive but one of them does not appear in... :(

Zakin, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

There are two user accounts shown in Windows C: drive but one of them does not appear in...

1. There are two user accounts shown in Windows C: drive but one of them does not appear in... - Similar Threads - are user accounts

2. My username does not appear as USER on C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My username does not appear as USER on C: drive: My username does not appear as USER on C: drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-username-does-not-appear-as-user-on-c-drive/b6ac6888-4b41-4172-92f0-bc510d0d19ae
  3. My username does not appear as USER on C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My username does not appear as USER on C: drive: My username does not appear as USER on C: drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-username-does-not-appear-as-user-on-c-drive/b6ac6888-4b41-4172-92f0-bc510d0d19ae
  4. My username does not appear as USER on C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Two One Drive Accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two One Drive Accounts?: My Android phone links to a One Drive that is full. My computer to another with 1 TB of space. How do I link my phone to the right account - not the full one. Pictures back up is stalled because One Drive appears to be full - but actually has lots of room....
  6. Two One Drive Accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two One Drive Accounts?: My Android phone links to a One Drive that is full. My computer to another with 1 TB of space. How do I link my phone to the right account - not the full one. Pictures back up is stalled because One Drive appears to be full - but actually has lots of room....
  7. Two Drives w/ Windows, Only One Shown In Bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two Drives w/ Windows, Only One Shown In Bios: My PC uses a 1TB NVMe SSD and a 2TB SATA HDD. While trying to fix an unknown driver error on my SSD, I skillfully found a way to corrupt the Windows install I had on both drives and make neither bootable. I became frustrated and took my PC to a repair shop and paid $150 to...
  8. Showing two user account in c drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing two user account in c drive: In c > users > 4 folders are there Administrator DELL MANISH Public Why this DELL is there ? But it contains appData , caches folder Because of this folder i am not able to install Eclipse IDE Please give me a solution...
  9. Two user accounts with one email?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two user accounts with one email?: I have 2 accounts, one admin...and one standard (as recommended by Microsoft) Can I link them both to the same Hotmail (outlook) email? (Standard account used daily...admin account rarely used and there for security I currently have each linked to a different email account...
  10. Two C:\Users\ Directories - Can I Delete One of Them?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two C:\Users\ Directories - Can I Delete One of Them?: Somehow I've ended up with two profiles: C:\Users\ Johnson and C:\Users\regard Johnson The C:\Users\regard Johnson does not have a single file in any folder, and has only these folders: [img] and the Windows Startup Screen says Johnson, not regard Johnson....