Windows 10: There Should Be Only One Windows 10 Product Edition

Discus and support There Should Be Only One Windows 10 Product Edition in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] A recent leak suggests that Microsoft is about to add yet another Windows 10 product edition to an already crowded lineup. Microsoft, stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

There Should Be Only One Windows 10 Product Edition

Read more: There Should Be Only One Windows 10 Product Edition - Thurrott.com

:)

Brink, Jun 4, 2017
  2. bitflung Win User

There should be a Mac only thread in here

yeah - that works - thanks.

bitflung, Jun 4, 2017
  3. bitflung Win User
    There should be a Mac only thread in here

i don't know about the rest of the mac users, but i find it difficult, if not impossible, to **bleep** through all the windows related posts. just about everything posted in here is meaningful only for windows users. the small percentage of mac related
    questions and posts are hard to find.

the software available for the mac is quite different than the pc software. they are essentially unrelated. can we push for a top-level split between 'PC Software' and 'Mac Software'?

i'm sure this would benefit a windows users as well, since a few of them likely stumble across iCal/iSync/Multimedia Transfer/etc posts.

just my 2 bits...

bitflung, Jun 4, 2017
  4. Rocky Win User

Rocky, Jun 6, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    I read somewhere about WIndows 10 Enterprise being renamed to Advanced.

swarfega, Jun 6, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    You could say this about any software.

cereberus, Jun 6, 2017
  7. Phone Man Win User
    If MS had only one edition then a lot of people would complain about all the blot that they don't use and how to remove it. *Banghead

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jun 6, 2017
  8. There Should Be Only One Windows 10 Product Edition

It's better than it used to be. I think they learned from Windows 7. Starter, 2 versions of Home, etc. I'd like to see Home and Pro disappear and be replaced with a single version. Windows 10 Consumer Edition, with all the features of Pro.

alphanumeric, Jun 6, 2017
  9. Pendaws Win User
    MS will do whatever makes them the MOST money, I am sure they are not TOO interested in the end users, just their $$$ *Smile

Pendaws, Jun 7, 2017
  10. waltc Win User
    I'm not crazy about Thurrott, tell the truth. The guy has been doing this for decades but never seems to have absorbed/learned very much--he's still functioning at the n00b-consumer level--tech ultra-light--and most of his articles are deliberately contentious in order to attract page hits. I still visit his new site occasionally, but really there is little to nothing there in terms of solutions--mainly it's just Paul complaining about this little thing or that little thing.

waltc, Jun 7, 2017
  11. pparks1 Win User
    I don't really see the need for all of these versions. Some, that are only VL are fine, you obtain them if you are a business or school and need them.

For retail use, I never really understood a need for Home/Pro. It doesn't really cost MS anymore if you want to use RDP or Group Policy editor. Let people use HyperV, otherwise they just use virtualbox or vmware player.

Bloat doesn't need to be an issue, make extra features something you turn on. They already do it.

I agree with Thurrott that this is one area that Apple does much better. There is 1 Mac OS Sierra. If you have it, you can do everything that everybody else with Mac OS Sierra can do. Every write up on the Internet, or anything you read in a book applies to you. It just works.

pparks1, Jun 7, 2017
  12. me75006 Win User
    I'm waiting for Windows 13. what Luck !

me75006, Jun 7, 2017
  13. There Should Be Only One Windows 10 Product Edition

I think a lot of the cheaper versions of Windows (?) is caused by the major manufactures of computers.
    They want in many cases the less costly version of Windows (7) so they can lower the price of their computers.

How many people would go to the store and buy Windows Basic or Starter. They were in the past put on Manufacture built computers.

Jack

Layback Bear, Jun 11, 2017
  14. I feel that he has lost a great deal of credibility. At one time he was a great source but IMHO that is gone.

Josey Wales, Jun 11, 2017
  15. bobad Win User
    How about a totally bloat free version? Those who like bloat could download the store, and fill up their HDD if they wish.

bobad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. There Should Be Only One Windows 10 Product Edition - Similar Threads - Should Product Edition

2. How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers: I want to put a file on 4 computers in the network. How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers? And how can the file not be lost if two computers are turned off?Thank you for your help....
  3. How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers: I want to put a file on 4 computers in the network. How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers? And how can the file not be lost if two computers are turned off?...
  4. Recover Windows 10 home edition product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover Windows 10 home edition product key: I have a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 which I recently purchased retail product key. Am I able to retrieve the previous Windows 10 Home edition product key which was installed prior to this one the previous windows Home 10 edition was also purchased...
  5. Recover Windows 10 home edition product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover Windows 10 home edition product key: I have a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 which I recently purchased retail product key. Am I able to retrieve the previous Windows 10 Home edition product key which was installed prior to this one the previous windows Home 10 edition was also purchased...
  6. Setting up a new pc with windows and only one product key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting up a new pc with windows and only one product key: So im building a new pc and will of course need to do a fresh install for windows. What's the bets way for me to install windows on to my new pc and activate it with my one product key thats on my current pc now. I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 back when it was free...
  7. windows 10 home edition product restore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 home edition product restore: I got a windows 10 home edition license. On april 2020 when updating one of my devices I upgraded to windows 10 professional. I do not want the windows professional and I do not want to pay for it. I want you to help me restore the device to the windows home edition I paid...
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Product Key: I was lucky enough to get Windows 10 Edition for free back five years ago when Minecraft gave all premium users it as a gift. I logged in maybe once or twice and never did again. That was two or three computers ago. I have no idea what my product key is. I can no longer log...
  9. Windows 10 Education Edition Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Education Edition Product Key: I recently swapped out my laptops HDD to a SSD and when I reactivated the laptop i set it up with a different microsoft outlook account. When I try to install or upgrade it from Windows 10 home edition back to the education addition it asks for a product key. I have the...
  10. Generic Product Keys to Install Windows 10 Editions

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Generic Product Keys to Install Windows 10 Editions: How to: Generic Product Keys to Install Windows 10 Editions List of Generic Product Keys to Install Windows 10 Editions Generic keys (aka: "default keys") for Windows 10 from Microsoft will allow you to install a specific Windows 10 edition you want, but will not...