Windows 10: There was a problem sending the command to the program

Discus and support There was a problem sending the command to the program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open a torrent file, I get this error message: "There was a problem sending the command to the program". This happens with BitComet and uTorrent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ksio89, Sep 29, 2016.

1. ksio89 Win User

There was a problem sending the command to the program

When I open a torrent file, I get this error message: "There was a problem sending the command to the program". This happens with BitComet and uTorrent torrent clients. And for some reason, magnet links are not working anymore. Any ideas on how to solve these issues? Thanks in advance.

:)

ksio89, Sep 29, 2016

2. There was a problem sending the command to the program. Windows 10 NOT related to MsOffice

Already had tried that and also from the menu from within the program, neither worked. I later found a problem, there were two entries in the "Open With" menu that looked the same, don't know why the duplication, but one was corrupt and the other one
    worked. problem is fixed now but was unable to locate any settings that were wrong after scouring the registry for an hour.

Beeblebrox666, Sep 29, 2016
  3. "There was a problem sending the command to the program" error after startup/reboot. Affects all Office programs and File Explorer.

Hi Simply,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand tour concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

I appreciate your time and effort trying to fix the issue. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods:

Method 1.

If a computer is infected by a virus, lots of resources will be taken up to greatly slow down computer performance. To run virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner) click on the below link:

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 2.

If the still persist, I suggest you to uninstall the Windows update and check what the status is? If the issue is caused by Windows update you can block the Windows update for temporarily.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Method 3.

If the above method does not help to fix the issue, I recommend you to boot the system in clean boot state and check if the issue still persist.
    Clean boot process will help you determine which third party program/app that is causing this issue. It could be some other application or programs, which runs on the computer at the background, leading to this issue. Please visit the below link
    on how to perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with us the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 29, 2016
Thema:

There was a problem sending the command to the program

1. There was a problem sending the command to the program - Similar Threads - was problem sending

2. Windows Pro message command sending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro message command sending: If a Windows Pro computer uses the console to send a message to all Windows computers on the network, will it send to all Windows computers or only those with Pro versions of Windows OS...
  3. Windows Pro message command sending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro message command sending: If a Windows Pro computer uses the console to send a message to all Windows computers on the network, will it send to all Windows computers or only those with Pro versions of Windows OS...
  4. PROBLEMS WITH SEND TO

in Windows 10 Customization
    PROBLEMS WITH SEND TO: I am unable to right click on my mouse to get the send to, i.e. fax recipient, compressed file. It stopped working this week. I did not do anything different. I tried to look up send to compressed file and it opens in Word....
  5. Problems sending emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems sending emails: I just set up an new MS email account - Cant seem to send emails from it - receive fine - but it just sends a message back from "Administrator" saying as per below - any ideas what the problem is???????? Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients....
  6. Problem with sending mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with sending mail: I faced up an issue when tried to send e-mails. I had set up iCloud email account in Windows 10 Mail and have no problem with receiving mails but cannot send them.I receive an error message and the letter comes to Drafts folder....
  7. Word error " There was a problem sending the command to the program"

Word error " There was a problem sending the command to the program": Hello again with another unique problem, Microsoft Office 2007 was re-installed in May. I had recently installed another Hard Drive, & moved all documents, picture, & music file's to the D: Drive, leaving the C: Drive with the Win 7, downloads, & program files. Now I find I...
  8. there was a problem sending the command to the program

there was a problem sending the command to the program: Getting this problem using Autocad 2002, would anyone have any idea what is causing it. Thanks. 50886
  9. Excel error when opening documents "problem sending the command..."

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel error when opening documents "problem sending the command...": The full error reads: There was a problem sending the command to the program. This is actually an older Excel problem that appears to have returned with my upgrading to Windows 10. This error is presented whenever I try to open any excel file (tried .xls .xlsm .xlsx) by...
  10. Error sending command to program

in Windows 10 Support
    Error sending command to program: I use Windons 10 Pro 64bit. When I click on a shortcut or file (Excel .xls) I get the message Error sending command to program. I use Office 2013. Anyone has a clue for a solution. Best regards. 29171