Windows 10: There was a problem starting sbavmon.dll

Discus and support There was a problem starting sbavmon.dll in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I start the computer I get an error message saying "There was a problem starting sbavmon.dll the specified module could not be sound" So when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lostsoul65, Oct 30, 2015.

1. There was a problem starting sbavmon.dll

When I start the computer I get an error message saying "There was a problem starting sbavmon.dll the specified module could not be sound" So when I click on the start nothing happens. I didn't put any software in and this just happen. Can someone help me solve this problem?

:)

lostsoul65, Oct 30, 2015

2. Problem Starting ''there was a problem starting C:\\Windows\Systems32\LogiLDA.dll''

Hi Jlfaris,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

The issue you are facing could be due to the files got corrupt or it is infected. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

• Go to Control Panel>System>Device Manager>Human Interface Devices>USB input Device (Logitech Download Assistant). Doube click. Uninstall driver.
    • Then Action>Scan for hardware changes and the driver updates itself from MS with Logitech ware.

If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to perform Clean boot and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    Clean boot process will help you determine which third party program/app that is causing this issue. It could be some other application or programs, which runs on the computer at the background, leading to this issue. Please visit the below link
    on how to perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 30, 2015
  3. jlfaris Win User
    Problem Starting ''there was a problem starting C:\\Windows\Systems32\LogiLDA.dll''

RunDLL There was a problem starting C:\\Windows\Systems32\LogiLDA.dll

I know this is a logictech dll, but I don't have any logitech software on my pc. I unistalled the logitech mouse and keyboard that I was using and installed a microsoft keyboard and mouse currently. Not logitech.

I open and checked the ALL the application on my hard drive and there was not logitech listed to uninstall.

So how do I correct this problem??

Thank you

Original title: Problem Starting.....

jlfaris, Oct 30, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

There was a problem starting sbavmon.dll

sbavmon.dll is part of Creative SB AVStream Monitoring Utility and developed by Creative Technology Ltd.
    sbavmon.dll's description is "Creative SB AVStream Monitoring Utility"
    sbavmon.dll is digitally signed by Creative Labs Inc.
    sbavmon.dll is usually located in the 'C:\Windows\system32\' folder.

Do you have a Creative Sound Card ? If so go to the Creative website and download the latest drivers and software for your audio device. Are you also saying your Start Button does not work at all ?

jds63, Oct 30, 2015
    lostsoul65, Oct 30, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    sbavmon.dll is usually located in the 'C:\Windows\system32\' folder. Look to see if it is here. Otherwise i would run a full system scan with your Anti-Virus in case of this being a virus. How long ago did you do the upgrade to Windows 10 and has it been this way since with start menu not working and slower ?

Also run from (admin) command prompt, copy and paste this into it and press enter, let it finish
    sfc /scannow

Same open command prompt, copy and paste this in and let it finish
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Reboot the PC, try both these commands the same way few times and reboot.

jds63, Oct 31, 2015
    lostsoul65, Oct 31, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

jds63, Oct 31, 2015
  9. I had this problem myself, I found it was just a matter of removing the entry from the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

ItWentBang, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. There was a problem starting sbavmon.dll - Similar Threads - was problem starting

2. there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found: there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-was-a-problem-starting-dll-the-specified/a738667a-5551-48e0-87bb-13164a3a8f36
  3. there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found: there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-was-a-problem-starting-dll-the-specified/a738667a-5551-48e0-87bb-13164a3a8f36
  4. there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem with MSVCP110.dll & MSVCR110.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with MSVCP110.dll & MSVCR110.dll: Hello, Sorry for my bad english, i'm french I don't know since when, but now I can't read any DVD/Blu-Ray and even movies in .ISO. I'm sure it was working 1 month ago. Usually, I use PowerDVD20 to open such files, but since today, i get an error: [ATTACH] also the same...
  6. Dll files problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dll files problem: I installed windows 10 (x64) on my pc (pentium @ 2.9 GHz, 6gb ddr3 Radeon HD 5450 1gb) from a USB drive I made a while back(I used it a few times with no problem on different pcs). But now, I get errors with dll files when I try to run almost any game. (and my storage is...
  7. mscoreei. dll problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mscoreei. dll problem: Hello, I've had an iMac Pro, intel xenon 10c, 32gb ram, radeon pro vega 56 ... I recently run win 10 on bootcamp and when its starts in win its showing me this error.... Please, I need some help![IMG]...
  8. Problem with a DLL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with a DLL: I did it "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system" and after a day it is came back (the problem) and now i am to do it again and it wont work help!...
  9. Printer DLL problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer DLL problem: My computers run Win 10 Pro. We print large files all duplexed and some are landscape, others are portrait. Because we don't want to sit at the computer for hours waiting for it to spool large files we use a print spooler that sends all the selected files to the MS Print...
  10. Error, Dll problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error, Dll problem: Hi Can you help please, I have just recently had the error warning appear on the desktop every time I boot up saying Error in WSClient.dll Missing entry: Refresh banned apps list. Can you tell me what this means, what I have done to cause this and how do I get rid of it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there was a problem starting logitech

2. there was a problem starting winscomrssrv.dll\

3. there was a problem started winscomrssrv.dll

4. there was a problem starting sbavmon.dll