Windows 10: These are on my desktop.

Discus and support These are on my desktop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] If I left click on these nothing happens. If I right click ON these this happens. [img] 46856 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alphamale, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Alphamale Win User

These are on my desktop.

These are on my desktop. [​IMG]
    If I left click on these nothing happens. If I right click ON these this happens.

:)

Alphamale, Apr 9, 2016

2. What are these VC_Red files on my computer?

Hello Benjamin,

We apologize for delay in responding.

In this case try performing Repair Upgrade and check if it resolve the issue. Repair upgrade will not remove or delete anything from your system.

How to: perform a repair upgrade using the
    Windows 10 ISO file

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 9, 2016
  3. What are these VC_Red files on my computer?

I really appreciate the help, but when I go into my 'Storage' section of the settings, I have no further options? This is what I see:

Benjamin Isaac AV, Apr 9, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

These are on my desktop.

Did you accidentally install DropBox ?
    Your screenshot shows its desktop shortcut.
    In case you don't know what is DropBox. It's very much like Windows 10's own OneDrive.
    Dropbox

davidhk, Apr 9, 2016
  5. Alphamale Win User
    Theses are ok . Their on the right of my screen.

Alphamale, Apr 9, 2016
  6. Alphamale Win User
    Yea it was on but. I can't get them off. So they are useless and frozed. Cannot use them at all.

Alphamale, Apr 9, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    You did not exactly say if you have installed Dropbox.
    Assuming that you did.
    Go to Programs and Features > uninstall DropBox.
    See if you can now delete the shortcut.

davidhk, Apr 9, 2016
  8. Alphamale Win User

These are on my desktop.

Dropbox unstalled
    But theses are still there. Also this recycle bin is frozed also. But that one and recycle bin/one drive on the right side of screen is ok.

Alphamale, Apr 9, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Could it be they are actually part of the image you have set as your desktop background?

NavyLCDR, Apr 9, 2016
  10. flybynite Win User
    That must be what they are, part of the desktop wallpaper! LOL This is an old trick. I took a screen shot of a friend's computer, hid the taskbar, moved it to the top so it wouldn't accidentally open, hid all the icons, and used the jpeg as his wallpaper! That kept him busy for a while! *chuckle

flybynite, Apr 9, 2016
  11. Archie123 Win User
    This *Biggrin

Archie123, Apr 9, 2016
  12. Alphamale Win User
    *Party

Alphamale, Apr 9, 2016
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

These are on my desktop.

I'm on my phone at the moment. Was that an affirmative?

NavyLCDR, Apr 9, 2016
  14. Rocky Win User
    Sure appears that way.

Rocky, Apr 9, 2016
  15. f14tomcat Win User
    Who knows!

f14tomcat, Apr 9, 2016
Thema:

These are on my desktop.

1. These are on my desktop. - Similar Threads - are desktop

2. Former work desktop Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Former work desktop Help: I have a desktop that used to be a work computer has the administrative restrictions on it so I can’t access anything. I’ve had this computer for years now and I want to use it. I have tried the factory reset but I can’t seem too assess it is there any other way I can get rid...
  3. Former work desktop Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Former work desktop Help: I have a desktop that used to be a work computer has the administrative restrictions on it so I can’t access anything. I’ve had this computer for years now and I want to use it. I have tried the factory reset but I can’t seem too assess it is there any other way I can get rid...
  4. How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop: Hey!My computer has ran for a few months, and it’s been fine for a bit. Recently, I used RAZER Synapse to clear junk files, and that’s when I think I noticed issues, but I can’t remember if it was before or after using that.Now most of my games are “corrupted” and I also...
  5. How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop

How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop: Hey!My computer has ran for a few months, and it’s been fine for a bit. Recently, I used RAZER Synapse to clear junk files, and that’s when I think I noticed issues, but I can’t remember if it was before or after using that.Now most of my games are “corrupted” and I also...
  6. How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  8. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  9. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  10. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. holding tie black windows