Windows 10: These files might be harmful to your computer

Discus and support These files might be harmful to your computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I transferred some of my files from my phone to my hard drive, but once I sorted and transferred those files to the folders a warning always shows up.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NicoleFiecas, Aug 6, 2018.

1. These files might be harmful to your computer

I transferred some of my files from my phone to my hard drive, but once I sorted and transferred those files to the folders a warning always shows up. No virus or anything on my Windows 10 laptop and this warning is already grating on my nerves. What can I do about it? Thanks in advance!

:)

NicoleFiecas, Aug 6, 2018
  2. darbs9172 Win User

These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop)

Ah, my mistake with the \ and /.
    Folder now moved as suggested and problem now solved. No idea how this happened.
    However.................if I now move a file to the recycle bin and want to restore it back to its original location, I am being prompted with this one now.....

These files might be harmful to your computer [​IMG]

Now when deleting from the desktop again, I am prompted with:

darbs9172, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Files Harming my Computer

Okay, so I was going to play a game on a website that I have used on a different computer. On the other computer I had no problem with running the game. I go to do it on this computer and it begins to install "Doom.sfw". Then my computer notifies me that
    "This file can harm your computer ". Here is where I need help. Should I go through with it and allow it to stay or should I discard it? I had no problem on my other computer but I want a confirmed answer first. Thanks!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Sean F_911, Aug 6, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

These files might be harmful to your computer

How do I install windows 10 without harming my windows 7?

Here's what I suggest you to do:
    • From Windows 7, download & Install Macrium Reflect Free. Connect one of your new 500GB HD and clone your current Windows 7 to it. Follow step 1,2,3 from the screen shot:

• Disconnect your current Windows 7 then boot up with the new cloned copy of Windows 7
    • Upgrade it to Windows 10 so it will be fully activated.
    • If you decide to keep Windows 10 then do a fresh install of Windows 10. If not, disconnect the 500GB HD containing Windows 10 then re-connect your Windows 7
    • You are back to where it was before.

topgundcp, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

These files might be harmful to your computer

1. These files might be harmful to your computer - Similar Threads - files might harmful

2. "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks: I have all settings made to avoid this massive annoyance thanks to microsoft tech support and yet I still get this massively annoying annoyance. Is there a way to completely disable any and all security settings so I can stop wasting time with this lunacy? I'm not a child so...
  3. "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks: I have all settings made to avoid this massive annoyance thanks to microsoft tech support and yet I still get this massively annoying annoyance. Is there a way to completely disable any and all security settings so I can stop wasting time with this lunacy? I'm not a child so...
  4. "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...: Whenever I move a file Often a game data file I am backing up or move a screenshot out of the APPDATA folder to another location on the SAME DRIVE I'm getting this warning. HOW do I turn this off? This has been going on since the Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version!I am NOT...
  6. "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...: Whenever I move a file Often a game data file I am backing up or move a screenshot out of the APPDATA folder to another location on the SAME DRIVE I'm getting this warning. HOW do I turn this off? This has been going on since the Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version!I am NOT...
  7. "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...: Whenever I move a file Often a game data file I am backing out or move a screenshot out of the APPDATA folder to another location on the SAME DRIVE I'm getting this warning. HOW do I turn this off? This has been going on since the Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version!I am NOT...
  8. "Opening these files might be harmful to your computer" message and programs not wanting to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Opening these files might be harmful to your computer" message and programs not wanting to...: About 2 months ago got this pop up when I try to do anything with a zip file and I don't know how to get rid of this message or how it even happened in the first place. Also some programs after this pop up appeared only open or save progress only when I open the program in...
  9. These files might be harmful to your computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    These files might be harmful to your computer: How do I disable this notice? I have read many things .. watched YT videos .. followed the steps .. it all comes to a halt when it tells me to enter the IP address .. how do I find that for a USB memory?...
  10. These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop): Hi. Over the last week or so, I am being prompted with this error message on my desktop when I either drag a item to the recycle bin or go to open my user folder on the desktop. I have run anti-virus and malware scans and this isn't solving the problem. It doesn't do this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. these files might be harmful to your computer filetype

2. windows security files might be harmful

3. which of the following might be harmful to your computer

4. windows security these files might be harmful to your computer