Windows 10: These shortcuts seem to all still work.

Discus and support These shortcuts seem to all still work. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Someone created a folder with a bunch of the old "God mode" shortcuts. I pulled my most used ones and created my own folder (which you can add or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by John Pombrio, Oct 8, 2014.

1. These shortcuts seem to all still work.

Someone created a folder with a bunch of the old "God mode" shortcuts. I pulled my most used ones and created my own folder (which you can add or subtract to). I have the Win8 folder pinned to Win10 Start Menu using medium Icon view and the commands all still work. Actually, I use a menu on True Launch Bar instead of a pinned folder but the idea is still the same.

These shortcuts seem to all still work. [​IMG]

These shortcuts seem to all still work. [​IMG]

:)

John Pombrio, Oct 8, 2014

2. Windows 10 Anniversary corrupt All apps list

I've copied my programs and files from my old computer including shortcuts to the start menu folders in programdata and appdata.

The shortcuts don't work on my account as the app list will not update, and even has shortcuts that have been deleted already but still are there for some reason e.g. there is an AirVPN shortcut on the all apps list on my account, but the shortcut was deleted
    and it was never installed.

The shortcuts do, however, work on a new user account.

sfc /scannow finds no integrity violations.

index rebuilding doesn't seem to work.

deleting the start menu shortcuts doesn't work.

restarting explorer or rebooting doesn't work.

how can i refresh the all apps list?

Veyrontarga, Oct 8, 2014
  3. phrab7 Win User
    Shortcuts not working in Windows 10

Hi Jerry:

Was this fix permanent for you. I just got a new Win 10 Pro machine & still have my old WinXP Pro machine. Some shorcuts that I make in the new machine seem to work all the time (they are usually applications). However, shortcuts to folders, or even to
    Windows Calculator, only work for a short time.

I tried your solution & it didn't help. I can create a new shortcut & it'll work for awhile. If I log out or restart, the shortcut doesn't work. I'm really wondering if you found a permanent fix because this is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

phrab7, Oct 8, 2014
  4. rmonroe36 Win User

These shortcuts seem to all still work.

Thanks for the download, John.

Rich

rmonroe36, Oct 8, 2014
  5. Layback Bear, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

These shortcuts seem to all still work.

1. These shortcuts seem to all still work. - Similar Threads - shortcuts seem still

2. All Custom desktop shortcuts disappeared, some app shortcuts still there, recycle bin still...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Custom desktop shortcuts disappeared, some app shortcuts still there, recycle bin still...: I logged into my work laptop this morning and noticed that all my custom icons rdp shortcuts etc and some saved text files on the desktop have all disappeared but I had 4 shortcuts still remaining my workplaces IT support contact "card", adobe, mouse without borders and the...
  3. All Custom desktop shortcuts disappeared, some app shortcuts still there, recycle bin still...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Custom desktop shortcuts disappeared, some app shortcuts still there, recycle bin still...: I logged into my work laptop this morning and noticed that all my custom icons rdp shortcuts etc and some saved text files on the desktop have all disappeared but I had 4 shortcuts still remaining my workplaces IT support contact "card", adobe, mouse without borders and the...
  4. All Custom desktop shortcuts disappeared, some app shortcuts still there, recycle bin still...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows update seems to be not working at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update seems to be not working at all.: Windows update cannot be started. And the windows update settings are not working.Reply if you think you have the fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-seems-to-be-not-working-at-all/ec1cd6e1-56af-4033-a512-667c664f1e9e
  6. Windows update seems to be not working at all.

Windows update seems to be not working at all.: Windows update cannot be started. And the windows update settings are not working.Reply if you think you have the fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-seems-to-be-not-working-at-all/ec1cd6e1-56af-4033-a512-667c664f1e9e
  7. My Camera Seems To Not Work at All

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Camera Seems To Not Work at All: I just upgraded my Windows 10 to Windows 11 and my camera is not working at all. I have no clue why it's doing this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-seems-to-not-work-at-all/14605d2d-cff5-47c9-98ff-8144d6122333
  8. My Camera Seems To Not Work at All

My Camera Seems To Not Work at All: I just upgraded my Windows 10 to Windows 11 and my camera is not working at all. I have no clue why it's doing this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-seems-to-not-work-at-all/14605d2d-cff5-47c9-98ff-8144d6122333
  9. My Camera Seems To Not Work at All

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Nothing seems to be working AT ALL

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing seems to be working AT ALL: So I recently upgraded my laptop and desktop to Windows 10, had absolutley no issues with my laptop, however last night 08/06/15 I upgraded my desktop as well (both were running windows 8 and had no issues with either). When windows loads up the wallpaper is just a black...