Windows 10: Thing I HATE about Windows 10.

Discus and support Thing I HATE about Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Going back to Windows 7 Ultimate as Windows 10 is unusable. It's so convoluted in what you can do that it boggles the mind. It won't let you copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Furious1964, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Thing I HATE about Windows 10.

Going back to Windows 7 Ultimate as Windows 10 is unusable. It's so convoluted in what you can do that it boggles the mind.

It won't let you copy files into a system folded (even when they are safe) unless you start that you're 100% ABSOLUTELY certain you want to do that.

Can't auto run programs that are safe and yet modify how the OS operates.

Can't Change system sounds to play on startup, log on and off and shutdown.

And then there's the crappy assed volume/brightness meter that's in the upper left corner that you CAN'T get rid of in favor of what originally came with your system...and there are other problems as well that I haven't encounter yet.

Oh...forgot to mention that I can't modify files because I don't have the permissions. I'M THE FREAKING ADMINISTRATION FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!

Can ANYONE please help me out with this? Thinking of going beck to Windows 7 Pro.

:)

Furious1964, Apr 15, 2016

2. 10 Things I hate about my N93!

Hi jtl78,

You neede to update your phone's software. Wait until next week or so when they release the new software version. Right now, you can't update as Nokia is update the servers, so you can't get the current update.

All of us have to wait til next week.

Cheers!

ranron---01, Apr 15, 2016
  3. 10 Things I hate about my N93!

Type *#0000# to find out your firmware version. If it is v11, there is no update. If it's v10, there is.

Try the link i gave, don't use the nokia.co.uk-updater.

julian_n93, Apr 15, 2016
  4. Thing I HATE about Windows 10.

Actually, the files permission issue should have presented itself in Windows Vista and Windows 7 as well. Many system files are given rights only to the user named TrustedInstaller, so you have to give an Administrator user rights. This is to protect your system from outside attack.

People have to get out of this idea that as a user profile/login, you should automatically have unadulterated access to your entire system. User accounts can be hijacked. I remember this was the model for Win9x, and it was convenient to manipulate your system as you please. But it was nowhere near safe.

Notifying you about what you are about to copy into a system folder: that would be especially good for a novice user. After all, if a user was to move files in to a protected system folder, then afterwards they may not be able to move those files elsewhere, since now they can now only be directly accessed by TrustedInstaller, right? You'd have to turn off User Access Control completely to remove it.

Here I found this on the Windows 8 Forums:
    Solved Turn off warning

I think System log on/off sounds were disabled in Windows 8, to increase performance. I'm used to it ..lol. But look below.
    Solved Startup/Welcome Sound - Windows 10 Forums

Jody Thornton, Apr 15, 2016
  5. I'm no stranger to modding system files. When I know that they are safe, it should be simple to put them in...but it's not. I've already disabled the User Access Control Warning, put it still persists. Also, I've already hacked the Registry and inserted coded to make the sounds active but although I have to use a third party program to change the startup sound, none of the others work. I would like to see Microsoft fix that issue as claiming"Performance Issues" is a lame and half-assed excuse. I've had ZERO issues when I had the sounds and Win 7 Pro. And not to mention the fact that it impacts the creation of Themes.

Furious1964, Apr 15, 2016
  6. You can user superadmin account (not recommended, but it is YOUR choice).

Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Must be a driver or software related thingy, I have never seen this on laptops, so it can be disabled for sure.

Autoruns for Windows

TairikuOkami, Apr 15, 2016
  7. Jody Thornton, Apr 15, 2016
  8. Thing I HATE about Windows 10.

Furious1964, Apr 27, 2016
  9. pbcopter Win User
    Interesting

pbcopter, Apr 27, 2016
  10. groze Win User
    Furious1964.

It sounds like you need a reg file called takeownership but caution don't take ownership of the c:\windows. C:\windows\system c:\windows\syswow64 C:\windows\system32 folder. C:\windows\media and c:\windows\cursors seems ok. I learned you can't take ownership of the whole drive or the full c:\windows folder it crashed my system, had to restore system from backup. The other folders in the C:\ drive so far have no issues with take ownership.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

As far as the sound, that a little more complicated and requires some registry tweaks.

Themes should still work after upgrading. The only part it may not included the sound.

Are you using a standard account to run windows 10 or an administrative account? Some programs won't run automatically on standard accounts because it need administrative access.

groze, Apr 27, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    Three posts and comes on here to tell everyone how much they hate Windows 10, when they probably only ran it for a couple of minutes. I find Windows 10 a whole hell of a lot easier to use then 7. Also the resources are being used a lot better, including memory management with Windows 10 over Windows 7, which is pretty much a dinosaur at this point.

As they always say. To each their own, and no way a three poster is going to change the mind of those who have spent countless hours using 10, having zero issues.

As I sit here, I am doing a image of a SD card for a Raspberry Pi that I use for a server. I am only using 12% of the CPU for a Intel Core 2 Duo (E7400 @ 2.80 GHz). Memory is only 1.6 GB in use, which is really less if I stop the Crush FTP server on the machine, Real VNC, Win32 Disk Imager.

bro67, Apr 27, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    I wonder what those could be. Always fun and games when one of these shows up from the Microsoft page on Facebook.

It is like telling a Pro Golfer during a tournament that you hate golf, so they should just stop playing and call it a day.

bro67, Apr 27, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

Thing I HATE about Windows 10.

No it is not. Stop feeding yourself what is in your mind. It would be interesting to see you cite who these "lot of other people" are. Care to enlighten the group of us who are very seasoned and have been using computers since or before the whole Home Brew Computer Club days.

Some on here were working on computers when they were using Punch cards, with a few who had to actually flip a bunch of switches to get their programs to run.

bro67, Apr 27, 2016
  14. cereberus Win User
    What - new fangled punch cards!

Punch tape is much better as you cannot drop it and lose order of your data (also fools bus drivers you have a ticket).

What next electrical input like a telex? :-D

cereberus, Apr 27, 2016
  15. gulliwog Win User
    I can sort of understand why you say this, but many people (like me) use windows because we hate not only the restrictiveness but also the "we know better than you do, your clumsy childish fingers will on mess things up" attitude that is found in systems like OS X and iOS. I can understand many people being concerned when windows takes steps in the same direction.

Lets put it another way... who actually likes the fact that today, if your new BMW or Mercedes breaks down you cannot simply get out your tool kit and fix the thing yourself?! The engine is normally inaccessible and it is pretty much impossible to really fix any problem without having the access to the onboard computer. This means that for any problem you are forced to take it back to your BMW or Mercedes dealer and pay them to fix the thing.

Do you really want the same thing for your PC? Where progressively the user has less and less control over their own system? Personally I don't. I understand that for practical reasons it is better to "on the surface" restrict access to certain functions in order to avoid mistakes... the possibility should still be there for users to unlock that level of access where appropriate.

gulliwog, Apr 27, 2016
Thema:

Thing I HATE about Windows 10.

1. Thing I HATE about Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Thing HATE

2. How do you fix Microsoft Store from not letting you do things on it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix Microsoft Store from not letting you do things on it?: My Microsoft Store keeps saying "Sorry about that!" the second I open it and I keep refreshing, restarting and shutting down the computer, but nothing works. I've also followed several different tutorials, but none of them worked. I have a school ThinkPad. How do I fix this?...
  3. How do you fix Microsoft Store from not letting you do things on it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you fix Microsoft Store from not letting you do things on it?: My Microsoft Store keeps saying "Sorry about that!" the second I open it and I keep refreshing, restarting and shutting down the computer, but nothing works. I've also followed several different tutorials, but none of them worked. I have a school ThinkPad. How do I fix this?...
  4. Hi let's get a few things out of the way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi let's get a few things out of the way: Hello I had a problem with Windows updates and Microsoft support team help me with them but they said they would have to reinstall windows into my desktop computer he started to uninstall Windows but didn't do a backup he said my computer would started 6 or 7 times and he...
  5. List of things i hate about the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    List of things i hate about the microsoft store: 1-- Coming pre-installed with apps that i absolutely won't need in my life2-- Purchacing free games for me without asking me first im talking roblox, candy crush, etc3-- Putting ads in games that i PAID FOR they put ads in minecraft which costed $254-- Impossible to...
  6. List of things i hate about the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of things i hate about the microsoft store: 1-- Coming pre-installed with apps that i absolutely won't need in my life2-- Purchacing free games for me without asking me first im talking roblox, candy crush, etc3-- Putting ads in games that i PAID FOR they put ads in minecraft which costed $254-- Impossible to...
  7. List of things i hate about the microsoft store

8. Macrum Reflect did a thing (Userbench website hates me!!!)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrum Reflect did a thing (Userbench website hates me!!!): Long ago I upgraded my C: drive from a 500 GB samgung 860 evo SSD to a 1 TB SSD of the same brand.type via macrium reflect image cloning. I never bothered to correct what it did, but ever since then, whenever I did any benchmarking with userbench to see how it ranks my setup,...
  9. Macrum Reflect did a thing (Userbench website hates me!!!)

Macrum Reflect did a thing (Userbench website hates me!!!): Long ago I upgraded my C: drive from a 500 GB samgung 860 evo SSD to a 1 TB SSD of the same brand.type via macrium reflect image cloning. I never bothered to correct what it did, but ever since then, whenever I did any benchmarking with userbench to see how it ranks my setup,...
  10. how do i remove the thing the arrow is pointing to it is in the way and i hate it all i...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i remove the thing the arrow is pointing to it is in the way and i hate it all i...: [ATTACH]how do i remove the thing the arrow is pointing to it is in the way and i hate it all i want is the volume thing I don't want the miccrosoft edge thing that pops up please help...