Windows 10: Things going to back and webpage stays on top

Discus and support Things going to back and webpage stays on top in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and then all my programs I use. Since then I have been having a nagging problem, i find it hard to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Eaglepi, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Things going to back and webpage stays on top

I just had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and then all my programs I use. Since then I have been having a nagging problem, i find it hard to explain so I hope the fix is easier.

This happens on all webpages, Outlook, for example.

No matter if I am on a website or have Outlook open full screen. Many time I will open a program or open a website and then have a link that I want to click on and see the dialog box,Outlook for example when I have open full page and I click on a email to read or to compose a new email the second my mouse pointer goes off the smaller dialog box or email they disappear, not really disappear but it goes to the back and leaves me with either the original webpage I was on or the Outlook interface.

I don't know if there is a setting somewhere that I need to change, I hope it is that easy. To make it clear as to what my issue is, whenever I click on a email it goes to the back and my main interface is on my screen and the smaller dialog window or email in Outlook goes tot he back, I have to close or minimize whatever webpage or software programs I am working on and the dialog window or email's or anything that disappeared is in the back. I do not want the smaller windows or dialogs windows to go to the back the second I move my mouse off the email or dialog box. This happens on everything that I open a link that is a small window, it goes to the back the second I move the mouse pointer off the window.

I don't want the main pages to always be on top

:)

Eaglepi, Sep 17, 2016
  2. pdomino Win User

desktop icons

You can bookmark them which is pretty much the same thing, go to the webpage and 'restore down', the middle option from top right and drag the symbol next to the web address.

pdomino, Sep 17, 2016
  3. taskbar

The top of the taskbar has never been a hard edge. Even on Windows 7, things could go behind it. The taskbar does stay on top of the stack, but it's never blocked you from putting something behind it.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 17, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Did not read.

Bold font too loud for me! *Sad

Please use default.

Bye.

Fafhrd, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Eaglepi Win User
    It's not bold and appears normal to me so I'm not sure why it appears too bold for you. Do this happen to anyone else or is the fonts normal as they appear to me??

Eaglepi, Sep 17, 2016
  6. Bastet Win User
    Normal for me on iPad.

Bastet, Sep 17, 2016
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    Things going to back and webpage stays on top [​IMG]

That's what it looks like at 100% on Chrome and 75% on Edge - I am afraid it gives me an immediate headache, just looking at it.

The font you use is Arial black - a bold font and the size you have used is 4.

Even if I were to add bold emphasis to the default font, and then enlarge it it would only look like this

Send it back to Arial size 3, with normal emhasis - the default - for pity's sake, then more non-sight impaired people may be able to read it without head-splitting migraines.

Fafhrd, Sep 17, 2016
  8. scopio Win User

It does appear as Fafhrd says on my pc using Edge, large and bold. Can be changed using Font, Size and emphasis as Fafhrd has told you.

scopio, Sep 17, 2016
  9. Yes Bold appearing on my laptop using Edge.
    Why not use Times Roman or make sure bold has not been pressed by mistake when you press as yes otherwise reading it does give you headache

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Things going to back and webpage stays on top - Similar Threads - Things going webpage

2. Page jumps back to top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page jumps back to top: This is a crazy problem but it will drive you crazy, too. Imagine a picture folder with 100 pictures. That many icons won't fit on one page. So you scroll down to the picture you want to rename. Highlight that picture, and while you're thinking about what to name it, the...
  3. taskbar stays on top of maximized window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar stays on top of maximized window: since updating to 1903 the taskbar occasionally stays on top of maximized windows. i have to click it and then click back into the window to get rid of it. not huge deal but happens super often so its annoying. i have already tried restarting windows explorer and also pc like...
  4. Weird things going on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird things going on: So i installed TDU2 with a "legit" patch with some cars. It worked for like 2 hours then in started to do some weird things and the launcher gave me some crazy crashes and i uninstalled the things and i decided to restart my pc and now almost all my files have one of those :...
  5. Some Strange Things Going on With Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some Strange Things Going on With Defender: This has been going on for so long now I think I may have some sort of malware. I have a red cross on anti virus in security centre and on the task bar shield. In settings it tells me I am using third party anti virus but I have used every dedicated AV uninstaller. I have...
  6. Sticky notes don't stay on top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky notes don't stay on top: Hey michaelsoft what the **** is wrong with you. It's called a sticky note why doesn't it stick to the top of windows u **** idiots what is wrong with your garbage company. How can you people live to run a company that is this **** miserable where you can't even make a sticky...
  7. Small Slider control bottom right of screen will not go away or do anything, Stays on top...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small Slider control bottom right of screen will not go away or do anything, Stays on top...: I have this tiny slider that is not on the app bar but actually on the screen. It's Windows 10 because it's on every screen no matter what. Lower right of screen. I have turned on and off all the apps on the toolbar along with all their options and nothing will remove this...
  8. going back on 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    going back on 1709: hi , since the 1803 been in use , i've got problems : - screen fixed and PC frozen (must cut power and restart) - erratic close and restart (and sometimes doesnt complete start) - sometimes , on start , mouse not working (wireless on usb) i am thinking to go back to my...
  9. go back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    go back: if I go back to win 7, can I reinstall 10 later before the year is up? there is a few bugs that maybe they will fix in the coming months, so I am planning to go back to 7 and watch what is happening 12659
  10. Folder go to the top automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder go to the top automatically: Hey, I have this weird issue with windows explorer. Sometimes when I open a folder and open a file in it, it scrolls it up automatically without me doing it. It happens sometimes and I don't know what causing that to happen. Also, I have a problem with the music folder. I...