Windows 10: Things going to back and webpage stays on top

Discus and support Things going to back and webpage stays on top in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and then all my programs I use. Since then I have been having a nagging problem, i find it hard to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Eaglepi, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Things going to back and webpage stays on top

I just had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and then all my programs I use. Since then I have been having a nagging problem, i find it hard to explain so I hope the fix is easier.

This happens on all webpages, Outlook, for example.

No matter if I am on a website or have Outlook open full screen. Many time I will open a program or open a website and then have a link that I want to click on and see the dialog box,Outlook for example when I have open full page and I click on a email to read or to compose a new email the second my mouse pointer goes off the smaller dialog box or email they disappear, not really disappear but it goes to the back and leaves me with either the original webpage I was on or the Outlook interface.

I don't know if there is a setting somewhere that I need to change, I hope it is that easy. To make it clear as to what my issue is, whenever I click on a email it goes to the back and my main interface is on my screen and the smaller dialog window or email in Outlook goes tot he back, I have to close or minimize whatever webpage or software programs I am working on and the dialog window or email's or anything that disappeared is in the back. I do not want the smaller windows or dialogs windows to go to the back the second I move my mouse off the email or dialog box. This happens on everything that I open a link that is a small window, it goes to the back the second I move the mouse pointer off the window.

I don't want the main pages to always be on top

:)

Eaglepi, Sep 17, 2016
  2. pdomino Win User

desktop icons

You can bookmark them which is pretty much the same thing, go to the webpage and 'restore down', the middle option from top right and drag the symbol next to the web address.

pdomino, Sep 17, 2016
  3. taskbar

The top of the taskbar has never been a hard edge. Even on Windows 7, things could go behind it. The taskbar does stay on top of the stack, but it's never blocked you from putting something behind it.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 17, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Did not read.

Bold font too loud for me! *Sad

Please use default.

Bye.

Fafhrd, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Eaglepi Win User
    It's not bold and appears normal to me so I'm not sure why it appears too bold for you. Do this happen to anyone else or is the fonts normal as they appear to me??

Eaglepi, Sep 17, 2016
  6. Bastet Win User
    Normal for me on iPad.

Bastet, Sep 17, 2016
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    Things going to back and webpage stays on top [​IMG]

That's what it looks like at 100% on Chrome and 75% on Edge - I am afraid it gives me an immediate headache, just looking at it.

The font you use is Arial black - a bold font and the size you have used is 4.

Even if I were to add bold emphasis to the default font, and then enlarge it it would only look like this

Send it back to Arial size 3, with normal emhasis - the default - for pity's sake, then more non-sight impaired people may be able to read it without head-splitting migraines.

Fafhrd, Sep 17, 2016
  8. scopio Win User

It does appear as Fafhrd says on my pc using Edge, large and bold. Can be changed using Font, Size and emphasis as Fafhrd has told you.

scopio, Sep 17, 2016
  9. Yes Bold appearing on my laptop using Edge.
    Why not use Times Roman or make sure bold has not been pressed by mistake when you press as yes otherwise reading it does give you headache

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Things going to back and webpage stays on top - Similar Threads - Things going webpage

2. task bar stay always on top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar stay always on top: I Need the taskbar to always show even after F11full screen, tried many online suggestions nothing worksmany thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-stay-always-on-top/009ee721-f9f5-428e-8428-76af09d74af4
  3. task bar stay always on top

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    task bar stay always on top: I Need the taskbar to always show even after F11full screen, tried many online suggestions nothing worksmany thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-stay-always-on-top/009ee721-f9f5-428e-8428-76af09d74af4
  4. When these things going back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When these things going back?: List of disappears.Cannot remove showing date in taskbar.Cannot resize taskbar icons.Cannot disable show more options in context menu to visible full menu instead of short.Rounded corners of windows look crooked on old programs.Cannot change taskbar location. Need top.Cannot...
  5. When these things going back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When these things going back?: List of disappears.Cannot remove showing date in taskbar.Cannot resize taskbar icons.Cannot disable show more options in context menu to visible full menu instead of short.Rounded corners of windows look crooked on old programs.Cannot change taskbar location. Need top.Cannot...
  6. Taskbar wont stay on top.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar wont stay on top.: I have my taskbar on automatically hide, but sometimes it wont stay on top and goes behind other programs. This is very annoying since it wont show when i put my cursor on it when this happens. I have to use the windows button to show it. Clicking the taskbar wont make it...
  7. Printer will not stay connected to lap top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer will not stay connected to lap top: Printer will not stay connected more then 12 hours in windows 10s . Everyday I have to delete my printer then add it back again to print. Is there a "permanent" fix for this? ?...
  8. Whats the thing on the top left?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whats the thing on the top left?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/27v2qa467t751.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=ded0ff76d4559dca8e0b2ca695b33cb93e6e3a41 submitted by /u/kolovon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhw2f0/whats_the_thing_on_the_top_left/
  9. Random things going on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random things going on: Ok, so I have no idea what is going on. I rearranged my living room and disconnected everything last night. I put everything back together, and now my computer is doing random things. When I have FB pulled up, i try to open chat boxes, they close automatically, and letters...
  10. Weird things going on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird things going on: So i installed TDU2 with a "legit" patch with some cars. It worked for like 2 hours then in started to do some weird things and the launcher gave me some crazy crashes and i uninstalled the things and i decided to restart my pc and now almost all my files have one of those :...