Windows 10: Things that seem fixed in the Anniversary upgrade

Discus and support Things that seem fixed in the Anniversary upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Thought it might be interesting to note what seems to have been fixed that we've noted as longstanding quirks or bugs. These are things I've noted so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dalchina, Aug 2, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Things that seem fixed in the Anniversary upgrade

Thought it might be interesting to note what seems to have been fixed that we've noted as longstanding quirks or bugs. These are things I've noted so far.

1. Items listed in explorer search which were deleted from the search results list formerly remained displayed unless on hit F5 to refresh the window.

Now they disappear after about 3s.

2. The Flight Mode/ Airplane Mode button in the Action Centre was at odds with the actual state of the mode unless toggled a couple of times.

Now it works as it should.

3. Desktop icon positions were often lost and icons rearranged on the left side.

Now the positions are retained.
    (Confirmed in #135 here:
    Desktop icons keep rearranging - Page 14 - Windows 10 Forums
    )

:)

dalchina, Aug 2, 2016
  2. furdeal Win User

Windows 10 sometimes sticks on black screen with spinning dots on startup

Does the ISO file used in the repair upgrade already include the Anniversary update? My problems only started after the Anniversary update. Was the installation of the update corrupt, so a new installation of the update will fix things? Seems more likely
    that the problem is with the update itself. Will I have to reinstall the anniversary update after the repair upgrade? Seems pointless. The same problems will reappear or new problems. Just give me a way to fix the problems I have. I already fixed the buzzing
    sound problem, the disappearing taskbar problem, and the can't-launch apps problem, all caused by the anniversary update. Help me solve this hanging black screen problem. I'm starting to hate Windows 10!

furdeal, Aug 2, 2016
  3. E52 some things that should be fixed...

The world clock probably has to do with the recent time change, daylight savings these days.

frikky---01, Aug 2, 2016
  4. Geneo Win User

The SFC opencl.dll conflict with Nvidia graphics cards appears to have been resolved.

Geneo, Aug 3, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    ARC1020

dalchina, Aug 3, 2016
  6. Gort Win User
    regedit search seems to be fixed. It used to stop responding when doing a search, or at least after doing a repeat search with F3, most likely due to the 255 character path limit, but it completes now to the end. Not sure if this problem happened to everyone with the previous build, but it was widely reported and affected me. But it seems fixed now. *Smile

Gort, Aug 4, 2016
  7. SoFine409 Win User
    I noticed that when saving snips to my desktop I no longer need to use F5 to see the files, especially if I save over an existing file name.

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Things that seem fixed in the Anniversary upgrade - Similar Threads - Things seem fixed

2. Anniversary Upgrade and current customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anniversary Upgrade and current customization: Will personal customization be honored or retained within the Aug 2016 Anniversary upgrade? I haven't bothered uninstalling any little default (store) unused apps since I figured they'd likely be reinstalled with the Aug upgrade/update. There is not a Microsoft Account on...
  3. Anniversary upgrade broke Hello

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anniversary upgrade broke Hello: Ever since I upgraded to the W10 "anniversary edition" Hello hasn't recognized me a single time anymore! Hello seems completely broken since the update, even though I went through at least 10 "improve recognition" procedures by now. Before the update Hello worked so-la-la,...
  4. WINDOWS Anniversary upgrade problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WINDOWS Anniversary upgrade problem: After having installed the upgrade, I was asked for Pin code or Microsoft account password. None of my formerly used pin code or password is accepted. I tried changing Microsoft account password on my laptop. Did not help. What can I do to start my computer? 59029
  5. OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade: I just upgraded to the AU and all is fine apart from a problem with OneDrive which was working fine. I log in using a Microsoft account. OneDrive seems to have lost the account linkage it had. When I try to add my account, I get this message: [img] When I click on...
  6. Things broken after Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Things broken after Anniversary update: Hello, just got myself a cold shower, because I was so angry that I was yelling at the computer. And that never happened to me. After updating to build 1607 (had to wait until it completed so I could go to sleep - went to bed at 4:25 am) notification appeared and said Daemon...
  7. Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade: Hi, frustratingly, the upgrade sets all default settings (there are many) to default, and autoplay off. These steps are necessary (in my experience). 1. Follow this old fix: Fixes for AutoPlay Dialog Box Not Appearing When Plugging in a Removable Device • Raymond.CC...
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade: Hi. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade is not available for me yet. What could be the reason for that ? Thanks in advance for any input. 61967
  9. Anniversary: upgrade vs fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary: upgrade vs fresh install: Hey there, I've upgraded to Anniversary release using Upgrade Assistant, having Win 10 64-bit Pro version installed and everything is looking good until now. My concern is related to the programs functionality that was already installed, is this a good choice are there...
  10. Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?: I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this. Many are calling this an 'update', whereas a few are mentioning 'upgrade'. My understanding is that as an 'Update', we have no choice but to install it when released. i.e its just a normal Windows update. If it...