Windows 10: thinking about purchasing a dell e6410 laptop

Discus and support thinking about purchasing a dell e6410 laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; good afternoon, I am thinking about purchasing a Dell E6410 laptop later this evening, I would want to update/upgrade it to windows 10 as soon as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pitbullpup, Dec 3, 2015.

1. thinking about purchasing a dell e6410 laptop

good afternoon, I am thinking about purchasing a Dell E6410 laptop later this evening, I would want to update/upgrade it to windows 10 as soon as possible after getting it since I seem to like windows 10 much better than windows 7. I read a few disturbing issues about trying to install windows 10 on the e6410 like not having a display or the machine becoming unusable. I installed windows 10 pro on my hp nc6400 which is another unsupported machine at least by hp without any problems. wondering if anyone has installed windows 10 on a dell e6410 and if it was easy to do or a nightmare if at all possible?

:)

pitbullpup, Dec 3, 2015

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera is same error .and my laptop is dell E6410

esmaeilhosseinpour_958, Dec 3, 2015
  3. DELL E6410 No Sound after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

DELL E6410 Laptop no sound after upgrading to Windows 10 from Window 7, even tried connecting external speakers / Headphones no sound output!

Junaid AhmedYB, Dec 3, 2015
  4. CalBear37 Win User

thinking about purchasing a dell e6410 laptop

CalBear37, Dec 3, 2015
  5. Just because the system manufacturer says it is unsupported, that doesn't mean it won't work. That just means they won't help you, and possibly won't provide drivers. Between Windows Update and the individual component manufacturer's, you are usually able to find what is needed. For example, if it uses an Intel display chip, go to Intel.com for a driver.

DeaconFrost, Dec 3, 2015
  6. I have the Dell E6400 (an older model than yours) and Win10 runs fine on it.
    However there is no driver for the Broadcom USH (Control Point Security) if you have that. I don't use the Dell "Control Point Security" so no problem for me.

CountryBumkin, Dec 3, 2015
  7. no major issues with installing it? I am meeting the seller in about 15 minutes, if it is as nice as he says it is I will probably buy it... it has the I5 2.6ghz and 4 gb of ram with a 250 or 256 gb hard drive. probably will get more ram for it course my old hp nc6400 only has 2gb of ram and a Centrino 2.0 duo core and win 10 runs decent on it

pitbullpup, Dec 4, 2015
  8. thinking about purchasing a dell e6410 laptop

Well, I just bought it. it looks like it is brand new and the original owner just bought a brand new battery from dell for it. came with the original battery, a brand new battery and a leather carry bag for it for $100.00 and he came to me too. the good news is on the windows 10 app it says it is compatible. on dells website it says its not. looks like I know what I will be doing later tonight...

pitbullpup, Dec 4, 2015
  9. well last night after I went home from the starbucks.... I plugged it into the a/c outlet and let it do the install from the get windows 10 app. took it a long time to do but it installed windows 10 pro from windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. didn't sleep much kept getting up to see what it was doing...drove my poor pit bull nuts but looks like it is working good. thanks for the advice!!

pitbullpup, Dec 4, 2015
  10. That system should run Windows 10 very well. Keep in mind that there is a big difference between "unsupported" and "incompatible".

DeaconFrost, Dec 6, 2015
  11. so far it runs windows 10 like a pro... it actually flies when on internet and in general. have not had any storms to see how it does radar but it should be a champ. first windows computer I actually enjoy using. hopefully it stays this way

pitbullpup, Dec 7, 2015
  12. Porthos Win User
    Ultimate was loaded but what does the COA under the battery say?

Porthos, Dec 7, 2015
  13. thinking about purchasing a dell e6410 laptop

didn't look. it activated windows 10 just fine and got windows 10 pro

pitbullpup, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

thinking about purchasing a dell e6410 laptop

1. thinking about purchasing a dell e6410 laptop - Similar Threads - thinking purchasing dell

2. DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED: DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLEDPLEASE HOW CAN I ENABLE MY DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH BECAUSE THE ICON IS NOT SHOWING.KINDLY HELP ME OUT.dunamisaccess...
  3. DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED: DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLEDPLEASE HOW CAN I ENABLE MY DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH BECAUSE THE ICON IS NOT SHOWING.KINDLY HELP ME OUT.dunamisaccess...
  4. DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Battery power Issue in dell E6410

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery power Issue in dell E6410: My laptop dell e6410 needs to be connected to charger to start. however works without charger once it startsupdated bios to A17 latest still issue is not resolved...
  6. Battery problems Dell Latitude E6410

Battery problems Dell Latitude E6410: [ATTACH] I'm writing to find out if you can help me detect the problem with my battery. It happens that the report shows that there is NO battery connected, but as I show in the image when capturing the screen and report, it is clearly shown that the Laptop is working...
  7. Purchased a new Dell Laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purchased a new Dell Laptop.: Hello, I originally signed up for Microsoft 365 a few years back. Added my wife to use additional account. She purchased a new pc yesterday. She used my user account and outlook email, psassword etc.. So the question i have is can i remove my info from her pc and add her...
  8. E6410 Dell windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    E6410 Dell windows 10 clean install: Windows 10 x64 pro on DELL E6410 clean UEFI install did not shutdown laptop properly. Shutdown turns off all the devices but still the power button and fan on laptop continued to run, untill manually force stopped. Reinstalled win10 using legacy usb option, in regular bios...
  9. Dell latitude e6410 is a ssd worth it

Dell latitude e6410 is a ssd worth it: I am wondering if it would be worth replacing the 7200 250gb hd in my dell latitude e6410 laptop with a ssd drive. micro center in Chicago has some ssd drives on sale for nice prices now and wondering if it will make a difference in performance seeing as this laptop has the...
  10. Touchpad not working Dell E6410 - win10 Pro update

Touchpad not working Dell E6410 - win10 Pro update: I´m running Win10 Pro and everything was fine until the latest Windows update. The touchpad stopped working abruptly. I´ve tried to uninstall and reinstall the latest driver and nothing. Going to definitions mouse/touchpad, in mouse everything's ok but for the touchpad I...