Windows 10: Thinking of returning Graphics Card - MSI Radeon R7 250

Discus and support Thinking of returning Graphics Card - MSI Radeon R7 250 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I recently purchased this card for an older HTPC running W 10 that is not used for gaming. It was a Newegg Shell Shocker - so $55 less $15 rebate -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jmsnyc, Oct 21, 2016.

1. jmsnyc Win User

Thinking of returning Graphics Card - MSI Radeon R7 250

I recently purchased this card for an older HTPC running W 10 that is not used for gaming. It was a Newegg Shell Shocker - so $55 less $15 rebate - $40. I know that is dirt cheap for a graphics card, but again, no gaming. I also don't care about 4K - 1080p is fine.

I am finding this card really buggy, - the hdmi port is flaky on working and will not work as primary monitor. I can use the DVI as primary monitor with an HDMI adapter and that works. But sometimes I try to plug in 2nd montior via hdmi cable and both displays will be blank. It is either buggy AMD drivers (downloaded latest), buggy card, or possibly not supplying enough power - but I do not think this card demands much power from researching online.

Anyway, only had it a few days. Trying to think of alternatives. If I only want 1080p , two monitor output is 1gb enough , 2gb enough ? Thinking of going with a NVDIA, being able to audio stream over two outputs would be awesome. What's cool about the R7 is that it can carry audio over the DVI port when connecting through HDMI adapter, however, it will not do both HDMI and DVI simultaneously, in fact in playback devices only the first device connected is seen so VAC is not an option either.

:)

jmsnyc, Oct 21, 2016
  2. DilyanD. Win User

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER - Windows 10

I think I found out why this whole situation is happening...

I just found out that the people I bought the PC from have kind of lied to me as it was typed as video card "AMD Radeon R7" on their website. Well there is no such video card, R7 is series...no wonder I find nothing about specific "R7" GPU...

I couldn't see my video card either. Why? Well, seems there is no any.

My CPU is AMD A8-7600, which has integrated graphics, which is Radeon R7.

The reason behind this error is probably that I had video drivers for the GPU I thought I have - R7 250, something that is nonexistent. I will install drivers for my CPU's graphics and test if it's fixed. Dear Lord!!

DilyanD., Oct 21, 2016
  3. Problem with instalation Graphic Card Nvidia GTX 980Ti 6GB

Thinking of returning Graphics Card - MSI Radeon R7 250 [​IMG]

I have newest Graphic from MSI. GTX 980Ti Gaming 6GB and when i try instaled new version drivers(from Nvidia and MSI) system answered: can not recognizes Graphic card. And when i opened menu graphic properties - system showed me-my card is Radeon R7 370
    series. ****?

Thinking of returning Graphics Card - MSI Radeon R7 250 [​IMG]

BorisKrajczynski, Oct 21, 2016
  4. stormy13 Win User

From the sounds of what you are describing it is a defective card and not drivers or PSU. Before looking at another card I would be inclined to get in touch with Newegg about getting a replacement as it really sounds like a defective card.

stormy13, Oct 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Thinking of returning Graphics Card - MSI Radeon R7 250 - Similar Threads - Thinking returning Graphics

2. problems with new amd radeon graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problems with new amd radeon graphics card: I bought a Dell OptiPlex 990 and a AMD Radeon HD 7670 graphics card the listing was kinda sketchy tbh. I recently installed it into my pc, following a tutorial just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. After installing it I plugged my monitor into via a vga cable and that...
  3. problems with new amd radeon graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with new amd radeon graphics card: I bought a Dell OptiPlex 990 and a AMD Radeon HD 7670 graphics card the listing was kinda sketchy tbh. I recently installed it into my pc, following a tutorial just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. After installing it I plugged my monitor into via a vga cable and that...
  4. Continuous black screen with AMD Radeon R7 Graphics driver version 22.19.180.513

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous black screen with AMD Radeon R7 Graphics driver version 22.19.180.513: Hello, I have a problem with my AMD Radeon R7 Graphics driver version 22.19.180.513. Indeed, once the update is done and after restarting the pc, the screen remains black from the login screen and I no longer have an image, even after logging in. So I'm forced to enter safe...
  5. Continuous black screen with AMD Radeon R7 Graphics driver version 22.19.180.513

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuous black screen with AMD Radeon R7 Graphics driver version 22.19.180.513: Hello, I have a problem with my AMD Radeon R7 Graphics driver version 22.19.180.513. Indeed, once the update is done and after restarting the pc, the screen remains black from the login screen and I no longer have an image, even after logging in. So I'm forced to enter safe...
  6. ATI Radeon graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ATI Radeon graphics card not working: My old PC is has Windows XP SP3 as the OS. But it seems that whenever I right click on the desktop screen, it shows Intel instead of ATI. Also I can't open the ATI Catalyst Manager. How do I make the discrete GPU work again?...
  7. ATI Radeon graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ATI Radeon graphics card not working: My old PC is has Windows XP SP3 as the OS. But it seems that whenever I right click on the desktop screen, it shows Intel instead of ATI. Also I can't open the ATI Catalyst Manager. How do I make the discrete GPU work again?...
  8. AMD radeon vega 10 graphics card

AMD radeon vega 10 graphics card: brand new ASUS ViviBook graphics error AMD Radeon VEGA 10 Is this an error I should be concerned about? How do I fix it? Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_15D8&SUBSYS_18211043&REV_C1\4&18c8f581&0&0041 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem109.inf Class Guid:...
  9. Will R7 250 go into HP Z220 cmt?

Will R7 250 go into HP Z220 cmt?: Hi, I have a Z220 CMT with a GT 440 and a 400w psu. I was wondering if I could upgrade it to an AMD Radeon R7 250x . I have the required amount of wattage and the correct slot. (PCIe x16 Gen3) Does the PSU have the corrrect cables for the GPU or does the GPU even need any...
  10. MSI Graphic Cards & Lack of Humanity

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI Graphic Cards & Lack of Humanity: MSI can go to hell and back. I have wasted so much time trying to both speak to a human and leave a message/email etc I give up. Their web site has to be the worst on the planet to use. I wanted to ask a technical question about why Live Update is incompatible with my windows...