Windows 10: Thinkpad E555: Blank screen on first boot post-upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Thinkpad E555: Blank screen on first boot post-upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I installed Windows 10 via thumb drive and on the first restart it came up to a blank screen after the boot options menu flashed briefly. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jeffreykopp, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Thinkpad E555: Blank screen on first boot post-upgrade to Windows 10

Hi. I installed Windows 10 via thumb drive and on the first restart it came up to a blank screen after the boot options menu flashed briefly.

I presume it got stuck in hibernate. I took it to a shop and the tech reverted it to Windows 7 Pro (on the recovery partition) but didn't tell me how he got it unstuck.

:)

jeffreykopp, Aug 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 will only boot with a USB device connected

Hello,

I have done the Windows 10 upgrade by using the media creation tool on my new Lenovo Thinkpad E555, now the laptop will only boot into Windows 10 if there is a USB device connected. The device can be anything from a USB stick to a USB mouse or keyboard,
    without one of these conencted the laptop will go past the BIOS spalsh screen and then will stop a blank screen and nothing will happen after this.

It also corresponds to when I first tried to install Windows 10, once it started installing it would only go past the BIOS splash screen and then leave a blank screen. The first install was tried without any USB devices connected. The second time I installed
    Windows 10 I had a USB mouse connected and it all worked perfectly fine.

So does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem as it won't boot without an USB device attached, and this can be annoying to say the least.

Many thanks,

Matt

Matthew Beeson, Aug 4, 2015
  3. rowle1jt-mi, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Thinkpad E555: Blank screen on first boot post-upgrade to Windows 10

1. Thinkpad E555: Blank screen on first boot post-upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Thinkpad E555 Blank

2. ThinkPad not booting after post

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ThinkPad not booting after post: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E550. System type: 20DF00CQUKsortedOS Edit Win Pro version1909 OSBuild 10.0.18363.1316 which was activated on a digital license I believe. I have had lots of problems with the windows including half the bottom keyboard keys not working and screen...
  3. ThinkPad not booting after post

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ThinkPad not booting after post: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E550. System type: 20DF00CQUKsortedOS Edit Win Pro version1909 OSBuild 10.0.18363.1316 which was activated on a digital license I believe. I have had lots of problems with the windows including half the bottom keyboard keys not working and screen...
  4. ThinkPad not booting after post

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win 10 posts to blank screen ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 posts to blank screen ?: My windows 10 will boot past post but then goes to blank screen. Im on vers 1511 pro I have reinstalled windows more then one time. I have booted in safe mode and uninstalled video drivers and also monitor drivers . This helps until I fully power off my system then system...
  6. blank screen will not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blank screen will not boot: How can I boot in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-screen-will-not-boot/780d029d-0955-48b6-a9b7-c64d3ab6a6c0
  7. Thinkpad ->blank unformatted Samsung 860 EVO will go in b4 first boot?

in Windows 10 Support
    Thinkpad ->blank unformatted Samsung 860 EVO will go in b4 first boot?: I know that recently when I installed this same drive in the empty bay on my other notebook and booted into the other SSD I was presented with the opportunity before the drive was usable that I needed what make it a simple volume? and then format it and I was good to go and...
  8. No BIOS Post and Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No BIOS Post and Blank Screen: I've got a Dell Inspiron One 2205 All-in-One computer that shows no signs of life except that it is receiving power. It was working fine one moment then, later on in the day when I started it again, nothing happened. When the power switch is pressed, it turns orange but...
  9. Windows 10 boots to blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boots to blank screen: Hello people, It has been a while since I posted. I have a Dell Inspiron N5050 laptop that is giving me fits. It was having an issue with explorer restarting continuously after it was upgraded from windows 7 by the customer. I recommended a clean install and backed up all...
  10. First Post

in Windows 10 News
    First Post: Hello here

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo thinkpad e555 black screen 10