Windows 10: Third time round sound fails after latest WU

Discus and support Third time round sound fails after latest WU in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just got the automatic WU for Win 10 version 1607 for x64 -KB 3194798. A restart for the completion of this automatic update followed. The sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cabbage, Oct 12, 2016.

1. cabbage Win User

Third time round sound fails after latest WU

Just got the automatic WU for Win 10 version 1607 for x64 -KB 3194798.
    A restart for the completion of this automatic update followed.
    The sound failed again.
    This has happened for the third time.
    All commenced following the Win 10 version 1607 got installed on the 22/09/2016.
    Since then on every time WU provides an update -automatic update sounds stops working on my Desk top (Dell 9200) that has Creative SB X-Fi extreme sound card.

Does anyone else having this issue?
    Is there any fix available to prevent this in future happening after an automatic WU?

:)

cabbage, Oct 12, 2016
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Update KB 3189866 quit at 45.......Help!

kb3189866 updated when it was released on one pc with no issues.

The second pc the update failed, included in this update this time was

flash player update and windows defender update.

On the second pc defender and flash player updated but kb3189866

failed.

Retired kb3189866 and failed again but this time a .net 4 update showed up

and installed but kb3189866 still failed.

Rebooted the pc tried again same fail for kb3189866 , event viewer log showed

WU could not connect to the WU server, no connection to the internet and so on,

but the network was fine.

Downloaded the standalone and installed, more new updates in the list, installed with no issue.

Third pc same issue with some updates installing, some failing and new ones added before

kb3189866 gets installed.

Something is screwed up here and it seems to be on the server side.

Any thoughts ?

kjl1956, Oct 12, 2016
  3. becky-993 Win User
    Solitaire Collection White Screen

third time round it works

becky-993, Oct 12, 2016
Thema:

Third time round sound fails after latest WU

1. Third time round sound fails after latest WU - Similar Threads - Third round sound

2. Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour: I have seen how to use MROUND to round Time to nearest hour. I need to round Time Spent, or minutes spent on completing a task to nearest minute.Time Spent minutes Rounded Time Spent minutes00:09:46 10 00:34:44 3400:20:19 20 Thanks for any help...
  3. Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour: I have seen how to use MROUND to round Time to nearest hour. I need to round Time Spent, or minutes spent on completing a task to nearest minute.Time Spent minutes Rounded Time Spent minutes00:09:46 10 00:34:44 3400:20:19 20 Thanks for any help...
  4. Sound issues after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues after latest update: Just had the update to windows 10 2004, and now my sound keeps going very quiet. I have realtek audio. I have tried updating drivers, uninstalling and re installing, but still, after a short time the sound goes very quiet again....
  5. WU of KB4535547 Failed...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WU of KB4535547 Failed...: WU tried to update this EDGE update twice today and failed with error code 0x80240034. System says it's up to date with a subsequent WU check for updates. No great deal as I don't use EDGE. Can't wait to see how the update to v1903 goes this weekend. 148634
  6. NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .

NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .: After the latest windows update ,build 19025.vb_relase 191112-1414 which I downloaded yesterday @18.38 , there is no sound from the speakers , the same thing happened last year . The only thing is I can't go back and restore windows to the previous version because there is...
  7. What's caused these strange problems (especially Notepad) after the latest WU? Win10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What's caused these strange problems (especially Notepad) after the latest WU? Win10: I'd been working on my laptop since 11pm last night. When shutting it down an hour or so later I saw that there had been a Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64-based Systems. I powered it up again and found the following had happened: (1) four Word...
  8. No sound after latest update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after latest update.: Hello Microsoft Community, Recently, I have updated my laptop, an HP Notebook PC 15-bs033cl, and have experienced a severe issue with my machine. After the update, I did not lose any files (thank goodness), but did lose my sound completely. On the taskbar the volume icon...
  9. Pesky UAC messages returned after latest WU

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pesky UAC messages returned after latest WU: I had a major Windows Update this morning. I'm now getting that PITA message "Do you want this application to make changes to your computer?" every time I run various programs that did not cause that previously. I'm 99% sure my UAC setting (one from the bottom) has not...
  10. Sound Issues After Latest Update

Sound Issues After Latest Update: Nobody seems to know what this is.......has anyone else had this? Surely there is a simple fix? Sound Issues After Latest 10 Update? | MajorGeeks.Com Support Forums 99802