Windows 10: This App Can't Open

Discus and support This App Can't Open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Friendly place this isn't it. I was not "bumping" the thread and I certainly wasn't duplicate posting. I was just adding further comments. I fail to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by STU9000, Jul 29, 2016.

1. STU9000 Win User

This App Can't Open

Friendly place this isn't it.

I was not "bumping" the thread and I certainly wasn't duplicate posting. I was just adding further comments. I fail to see what the problem is. Since I now no longer have 5 posts I am unable to respond to my infraction.

I don't appreciate having comments removed. Of course I don't own or pay for the site, however I am still free to leave and never post here again if I so choose, which as it happens I do.

I have been a member of seven forums for many years and have never had any problems like this there.

I'll follow the online tutorial and go back to Win 7 later. Read my comments and delete them, and my account for all I care.

:)

STU9000, Jul 29, 2016

2. Photos App Won't open "This app Can't Open"

When opening or importing from memory card the Error "This app can't open" appears. I have reinstalled, run the trouble shooter a number of time with no effect. I have also removed the apps using power shell and the command Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach
    {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

There has been no change and the error still occurs.

Windows is up to date with all updates

A-Rushworth, Jul 29, 2016
  3. JimQ_H Win User
    Photos App Won't open "This app Can't Open"

I have the same question. This problem started just after a major Windows 10 update last weekend (Nov 12, 2017.) Has anyone found an answer that works?

JimQ_H, Jul 29, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

This App Can't Open

Here are a list of options for you to try :

1. Please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

2. If that fails to fix the problems in an elevated command prompt please run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth If that completes successfully, run the sfc command above again.

3. Create a new Admin. user account and see if the new account works like it should. This will show you how. [URL="https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/delete-user-account-in-windows-10.8975/']User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums[/url]

4. If all of that fails, do a repair install as described here. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

essenbe, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

This App Can't Open

1. This App Can't Open - Similar Threads - App Can't Open

2. "this app can't open"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "this app can't open": After trying all solution available on internet. It still showing "Check the Store for more info about Photos."things I have tried :1. reset app2. Repair app3. remove Microsoft.windows.photos package through powershell4. Reinstall appAdditional info:OS : window 11...
  3. "this app can't open"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "this app can't open": After trying all solution available on internet. It still showing "Check the Store for more info about Photos."things I have tried :1. reset app2. Repair app3. remove Microsoft.windows.photos package through powershell4. Reinstall appAdditional info:OS : window 11...
  4. this app can't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this app can't open: ok so in april 2023 microsoft did its usual update and like always 2nd laptop it screwed things up where i no longer had control of microsoft stuff. couldn't get into setting or anything. i was still able to get onto the internet and do my stuff. so for the past couple of...
  5. This App Can't Open

This App Can't Open: Hi everyone,About 2 days ago I updated Windows 10 Home 21H1 like normal. Following the update, every single application I try and open shortcut, web shortcut, .exe creates an error message even though the application opens perfectly fine. Not a single of these apps are...
  6. This App Can't Open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    This App Can't Open: Hi everyone,About 2 days ago I updated Windows 10 Home 21H1 like normal. Following the update, every single application I try and open shortcut, web shortcut, .exe creates an error message even though the application opens perfectly fine. Not a single of these apps are...
  7. this app can't open

this app can't open: Hi this alert keeps showing up when I open adobe xd: "There is a problem with Adobe XD. Reinstall the app from its original install location or contact your administrator." I tried uninstalling it with: # AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool # CCleaner # Iobit Uninstaller #...
  8. Can't open apps!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open apps!: Starting a few days ago, I cannot open at least two apps that I regularly use. One of them is PokerStars. I thought reinstalling might help....but I got an error message saying "error writing to disk" The other is a VPN, which has been telling me it's "unable to connect...
  9. This app can't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This app can't open: From the start menu I am unable to open: Settings, Network Connections, Apps and Features, Power Options, and System. Every time I attempt to open any of these I get the error This app can't open There is a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it....
  10. This app can't open

This app can't open: Three days ago a number of apps including mail and Microsoft Solitaire have grayed out icons on the start menu with circle and an explanation point. When I click on the circle I get the message "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about …. I have...