Windows 10: This app can't run on your PC error in Windows 10

Discus and support This app can't run on your PC error in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey! I am getting problems downloading game "Overwatch". When running (running as an administrator) I have an error "This app can't run on your PC".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ferre2t4, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Ferre2t4 Win User

This app can't run on your PC error in Windows 10

Hey!
    I am getting problems downloading game "Overwatch". When running (running as an administrator) I have an error "This app can't run on your PC".
    My PC Intel Core i5 CPU @ 2.70 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system with Windows 10 Home

:)

Ferre2t4, Jul 6, 2017

2. "This App Can't Run On Your PC" error message

Have you tried removing the game then reinstall it to see if it resolves the problem?

Andre Da Costa, Jul 6, 2017
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 6, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Go to the C:/Program Files x86 folder and r-click the .exe that launches game. Select 'Troubleshoot compatibility' as admin and accept findings or select an even older version of Windows when the game did work.

mrgeek, Jul 6, 2017
  5. Ferre2t4 Win User
    @mrgeek: I tried your method, then reinstall game but the issue still persists.

Ferre2t4, Jul 7, 2017
  6. Sualdam Win User
    I found this on another forum. Worth a try to see if it works for you.

Go to Task Manager >> Services tab and stop the Spooler service.

Then try again. You can also try stopping Windows Management Instrumentation, as that has also been reported to work (winmgmt).

Apparently this happened with a previous update, which borked the game.

Another suggestion was to select Windows 8 in compatibility mode, but it appears you tried that.

Sualdam, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. This app can't run on your PC error in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - app can't run

2. This app can't run on your pc error unfixable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't run on your pc error unfixable: Hey,My PC has a odd error which says This app can't run on your pc.But the issue is I uninstall apps that I assume won't work.I did it but then it still has this error.PLEASE REPLYTY <3...
  3. This app can't run on your pc error unfixable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app can't run on your pc error unfixable: Hey,My PC has a odd error which says This app can't run on your pc.But the issue is I uninstall apps that I assume won't work.I did it but then it still has this error.PLEASE REPLYTY <3...
  4. This app can't run on your pc error unfixable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. This app can't run on your PC

This app can't run on your PC: My PC keeps giving me a message that says, "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for this PC check with software developer." I disregarded it the first time and just closed it but it keeps coming back. I've looked for solutions everywhere and none of them work. I...
  6. This app can't run with your pc

This app can't run with your pc: Hello, recently I got a blue screen of death. And I tried to type in the CMD :SFC /scannow ,but I get a pop up message saying that this app can't run with your pc.i tryed to reset my pc I get a error saying there was a problem no changes were made.Btw I am in recovery...
  7. App can't run on your PC windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App can't run on your PC windows 10: I am trying to download a program using the .exe file but whenever I try opening it I get the message, "This app can’t run on your PC check with software publisher" this is happening for many .exe files that I try opening and it's extremely frustrating. I've tried making a...
  8. Windows 10 This App Can't Run on Your PC error

Windows 10 This App Can't Run on Your PC error: some applications give this error. For example, let me give an example of a Application I installed at first normal worked no problem. after a while, application a does not receive this error when I try to open it .exe sini .every time ray makes a mistake, I replace it with...
  9. This App can't run on your PC

This App can't run on your PC: Hello all, I did a search for my title and found quite a few of these but most were a couple years old or older. I just started recieving this issue right after the big update back at the end of 2017. At first it was very rare that I would get it. Now, after two complete...
  10. This app can't run on your pc ERROR!!

This app can't run on your pc ERROR!!: Hello everyone, I'm having a very serious and strange problem with my windows 10. Suddenly it started me to give "This app can't run on your pc" error on every program that requires administrator permission (I'm already logged in as admin) like i can't open cmd as admin or...