Windows 10: This app can't run on your PC, Win 10 Bat file when it hits the Move

Discus and support This app can't run on your PC, Win 10 Bat file when it hits the Move in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to run a bat file on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC". The first time I get the error. The second time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bmazak, Jun 14, 2018.

1. bmazak Win User

This app can't run on your PC, Win 10 Bat file when it hits the Move

Hi, I'm trying to run a bat file on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC".
    The first time I get the error. The second time I run it it works. Runs from a shortcut from C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe set as run as administrator. The bat file runs until it hits the Move command. This worked fine up until a Windows update. All the forums solutions are old and don't apply. Here is the code.
    Echo off
    Set Pass=""
    Echo "enter passkey version nnnn"
    Set /p Pass=
    Echo "DVDFabPasskey%Pass%"
    Pause
    Move C:\Data\Downloads\DVDFabPasskey%Pass%.exe C:\I386\Software\Utilities\DVDPasskey\DVDFabPasskey%Pass%.exe
    Echo " start DVDFabPassKey"
    Start /b "" "C:\I386\Software\Utilities\DVDPasskey\DVDFabPasskey%Pass%.exe"
    Exit

:)

bmazak, Jun 14, 2018

2. Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Hi SightUp.

Don't have a bat file but step 4 in Option 2 will give you complete list and you can mod yours.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 15, 2018
  3. Open .bat files with Notepad in Windows 10

What you need to do is probably to add the "Edit" action as a new context option to ".bat" file; since if you changed the Default Program" as suggested, you won't be able to run the BAT file when double (or single) clicked.

You can use the little utility called "Types" (I believe it's a freeware.) to define all sorts of actions to any file types. It works since XP till Win 10.

BTW, Win10 does not allow a BAT file to be assigned as an "Open With..." executor. "Types" actually came to rescue the situation. Besides the flat and blurry rendering of the dialogs, there are also all kind of annoying short-comings in Win 10. Not sure
    what M/S is trying to pull off...

Postino_888, Jun 15, 2018
  4. Larsen97 Win User

Trouble running .bat files

Hi, I'm trying to run .bat files on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC".
    It doesn't matter what I use it for, .bat files just won't run anyway.
    Are .bat files no longer supported? (ran fine on Windows 7) Any workarounds?

I'm no expert on this field, which is why I came here. Sorry if this has already been answered here.

This app can't run on your PC, Win 10 Bat file when it hits the Move [​IMG]

Larsen97, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

1. This app can't run on your PC, Win 10 Bat file when it hits the Move - Similar Threads - app can't run

2. This app can't run on your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app can't run on your PC: This window keeps popping up with the message "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for this PC check with software developer."The problem is I don't know what app it's referring to, and it won't let me close the window. I can still use the taskbar and start menu,...
  3. This app can't run on your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't run on your PC: My PC keeps giving me a message that says, "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for this PC check with software developer." I disregarded it the first time and just closed it but it keeps coming back. I've looked for solutions everywhere and none of them work. I...
  4. This app can't run on your PC

This app can't run on your PC: My PC keeps giving me a message that says, "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for this PC check with software developer." I disregarded it the first time and just closed it but it keeps coming back. I've looked for solutions everywhere and none of them work. I...
  5. This app can't run on your PC.

This app can't run on your PC.: Hi,My OS: Windows 10 Home, 64bit, 21H2, 19044.1620Today, this error message windows keeps popping up I have to keep closing it, but it keeps popping up every 5 seconds. I did not do anything, and I am not sure why this happens. I am not even trying to open any apps or to run...
  6. This app can't run with your pc

This app can't run with your pc: Hello, recently I got a blue screen of death. And I tried to type in the CMD :SFC /scannow ,but I get a pop up message saying that this app can't run with your pc.i tryed to reset my pc I get a error saying there was a problem no changes were made.Btw I am in recovery...
  7. Can't run .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run .bat files: I haven't run a .bat file in quite a while, so perhaps I unknowingly did something along the was that prompted this problem. I was trying to run Brinks "Reset_Notification_Area_Icons_Cache.bat", but instead the file opens in my text editor. I disassociated .bat in that text...
  8. This App can't run on your pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    This App can't run on your pc: Our ERP system is a shortcut on my desktop to an .exe on a server, I can open and run that fine. However I have a file type that I set the default app and select the same path of ther server\exe and I receive the error message. Any suggestion would be great....
  9. This App can't run on your PC

This App can't run on your PC: Hello all, I did a search for my title and found quite a few of these but most were a couple years old or older. I just started recieving this issue right after the big update back at the end of 2017. At first it was very rare that I would get it. Now, after two complete...
  10. Can't Run .Bat Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Run .Bat Files: I try to run .bat files and the just run in note pad. There is no "open with" option. 48199

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this app cant run on your pc find a version Bat file

2. .bat file saying this app cant run on your pc

3. batch file this app cant run on your pc from batch

4. cant run bat file in win serve 2018,
  5. software publisher run.bat,
  6. this app cant run on your pc BAT.file,
  7. this app cannot run on your pc bat file,
  8. while running bat file got error this app cant run on your pc,
  9. this app ant run on your pc running bat file,
  10. this app cant run pop up when opening bat file,
  11. bat file this app cant run on your pc,