Windows 10: This app can't run on your PC

Discus and support This app can't run on your PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, i have a problem with win 10 when im logging in i see notification and i don't know how to fix it because its annoying help me *Smile 77123 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SPLESHER, Feb 11, 2017.

1. SPLESHER Win User

This app can't run on your PC

Hello,
    i have a problem with win 10
    when im logging in i see notification and i don't know how to fix it because its annoying
    help me *Smile

:)

SPLESHER, Feb 11, 2017
  2. allekhall Win User

This app cant run on your pc

if you all need screenshots I can send of my Linux payload.

allekhall, Feb 11, 2017
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    This app can't run on your pc

Hi,

There might be some corrupted registry keys on your computer causing this one to happen. We have an article on our support site that can help you with this kind of issue. Kindly visit the link provided here:

Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Nick Dich, Feb 11, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

What is the app? Is it an old app? Is it for 32-bit or 64-bit Windows or the even older 16-bit, [your System Specs are incomplete]?

Berton, Feb 11, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @SPLESHER.

This message means you are trying to run an app that's incompatible with Windows 10. For example, it's seen if you try to run a 16-bit app on a 64-bit system.

You say it happens when you log in. Have a look at the Start-up tab in Task Manager. You may be able to identify the app that's causing the problem.

Has this just started happening or has it always been like this? If it has just started, did it start after you installed something, or have you made any other changes recently?

6. SPLESHER Win User
    but that is problem i don't know what is this app and i have windows 10 pro 64-bit

Bree
    this problem is of 3 days and i didn't installed anything and in start up i have something what is called color.vbs

SPLESHER, Feb 11, 2017
  7. Molyy Win User
    Molyy, Feb 13, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

@SPLESHER, the .vbs extension is for VB Script files. That doesn't sound like something that should be running at Start-up. I'd go to the Start-up tab in Task Manager and disable it. If that makes the error go away, I'd worry that it was some malware that had installed itself in the last 3 days. A scan with AdwCleaner would be my next step.
    Malwarebytes | AdwCleaner

9. SPLESHER Win User
    @Bree i disabled this and errors goes away

SPLESHER, Feb 13, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Good. Now scan your machine in case any malware was responsible for putting it there. @cottonball knows far more than me about how to look for malware, but I would start with a Defender scan, then AdwCleaner.

11. SPLESHER Win User
    @Bree i scanned with malwarebytes anti malware with full scan because i have premium and always is finding winlogon.exe in adobe folder but i searched for this and i don't have any folders called adobe in this location

SPLESHER, Feb 13, 2017
  12. swarfega Win User
    I would go into control panel, click on uninstall a program and just go through what programs you have installed and what versions they are. Then check their respective websites to see if there are any requiring updating.

swarfega, Feb 13, 2017
  13. This app can't run on your PC

SPLESHER,

My apology for the late reply!

Let's see if we can find the file...

Please download SystemLook from the applicable link below and save to the Desktop.

32 bit: http://jpshortstuff.247fixes.com/SystemLook.exe
    64 bit: http://jpshortstuff.247fixes.com/SystemLook_x64.exe

Please right-click the downloaded file and select: Run as Administrator
    Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.

At the SystemLook interface, in the blank square area, Copy and Paste the content of the following code box:

Code: :FileFind winlogon.exe[/quote] Now, click the Look button to start the scan.

When finished, a notepad window opens with the results.

Please attach the SystemLook-Notepad report in your reply.

Note: The scan may take a while depending on the number of files in the system and how fast your computer can perform the task.

Also, can you attach the report of the last scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? Thank you!

cottonball, Feb 14, 2017
  14. SPLESHER Win User
    @cottonball
    malwarebytes found nothing and system look found :

SPLESHER, Feb 15, 2017
  15. SPLESHER,

This particular file might have a problem, the MD5 does not seem right:

C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-winlogon_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.14393.0_none_9d376c91eba4205c\winlogon.exe --a---- 59370 bytes [19:44 16/01/2017] [19:44 16/01/2017] 74F4EFA2E3B0CAE393E01FEB94BE4559

Let's see if we can get some other opinions on it from @Bree and other members.

I have an appointment and won't be back until later.

Edit:

MD5 74F4EFA2E3B0CAE393E01FEB94BE4559 is not returning enough search hits to draw a conclusion
    on this file. Will err on the side of caution on deciding what to do with this file, and take the safe road, instead of taking a risk.

cottonball, Feb 15, 2017
Thema:

1. This app can't run on your PC - Similar Threads - app can't run

2. This app can't run on your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app can't run on your PC: This window keeps popping up with the message "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for this PC check with software developer."The problem is I don't know what app it's referring to, and it won't let me close the window. I can still use the taskbar and start menu,...
  3. This app can't run on your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't run on your PC: My PC keeps giving me a message that says, "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for this PC check with software developer." I disregarded it the first time and just closed it but it keeps coming back. I've looked for solutions everywhere and none of them work. I...
  4. This app can't run on your PC

This app can't run on your PC: My PC keeps giving me a message that says, "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for this PC check with software developer." I disregarded it the first time and just closed it but it keeps coming back. I've looked for solutions everywhere and none of them work. I...
  5. This app can't run on your PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't run on your PC.: Hi,My OS: Windows 10 Home, 64bit, 21H2, 19044.1620Today, this error message windows keeps popping up I have to keep closing it, but it keeps popping up every 5 seconds. I did not do anything, and I am not sure why this happens. I am not even trying to open any apps or to run...
  6. This app can't run on your PC.

This app can't run on your PC.: Hi,My OS: Windows 10 Home, 64bit, 21H2, 19044.1620Today, this error message windows keeps popping up I have to keep closing it, but it keeps popping up every 5 seconds. I did not do anything, and I am not sure why this happens. I am not even trying to open any apps or to run...
  7. This app can't run with your pc

This app can't run with your pc: Hello, recently I got a blue screen of death. And I tried to type in the CMD :SFC /scannow ,but I get a pop up message saying that this app can't run with your pc.i tryed to reset my pc I get a error saying there was a problem no changes were made.Btw I am in recovery...
  8. This App Can't Run on your PC

in Windows 10 Support
    This App Can't Run on your PC: Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? I've disabled Antivirus, SmartScreen, Firewall, etc. . . What is the deal? I've tried everything. 146378
  9. This App can't run on your pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    This App can't run on your pc: Our ERP system is a shortcut on my desktop to an .exe on a server, I can open and run that fine. However I have a file type that I set the default app and select the same path of ther server\exe and I receive the error message. Any suggestion would be great....
  10. This App can't run on your PC

This App can't run on your PC: Hello all, I did a search for my title and found quite a few of these but most were a couple years old or older. I just started recieving this issue right after the big update back at the end of 2017. At first it was very rare that I would get it. Now, after two complete...