Windows 10: This App can't run on your PC

Discus and support This App can't run on your PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I did a search for my title and found quite a few of these but most were a couple years old or older. I just started recieving this issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mereinid, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Mereinid Win User

This App can't run on your PC

Hello all, I did a search for my title and found quite a few of these but most were a couple years old or older. I just started recieving this issue right after the big update back at the end of 2017. At first it was very rare that I would get it. Now, after two complete wipes of my HD's and reinstalling of the Windows 10 64Bit OS, I get multiple times a day. I can make it happen as well.

If I use any large app say a video game or I am watching Netflix, usualy full screen, about 45 mins or so maybe a bit more, I will notice I will start getting small bits of lag. It's kind of like background services have stopped working.
    If I try to open a tab on Chrome, all I get is an ! and kind of frown face icon in the address bar. I try to start, task manager, STEAM, a video game from, my desk, or close chrome and open it, I will get the blue rectangle box saying that I cannot run this APP on this PC, check with the Admin. I am admin and I have made another account with Admin privelages and I am still getting it.

I have tried dialing windows back to v1703 I think that was early 2017. before the creators patch and the other larger one in the first quarter 2018. Nope it started happening again. I have tried turning everything off except for Windows only things and I still get the error, just as soon as I start a big app. (Mostly games as this is a gaming computer) Skyrim, Witcher 3 and Pillars of Eternity two is the main go to games for me. I can play them for about 45min to an hour and I will start getting lag issues in the game. The game wont quit but it just becomes to laggy and unresponsive after playing longer and if I usualy go through a loading screen where it has to access something on the drives. I get a black screen. That's when I try to open a new website on Chrome or start an app that's when I get the blue window of death now.
    I just hold my computer power button for three seconds and it hard shuts down. I do this on average three to four times a day now. Sometimes Ive done it maybe 6 or 7 times.

I have posted twice on the Microsoft Community sites.
    This App cant run on you PC. Tried multiple web - Microsoft Community
    and
    This App cant run on you PC. Tried multiple web - Microsoft Community

I did everything they told me to do. I have since just went ahead and updated back to the most recent windows version since setting it back to v1703 didnt help at all. I have looked at at least 10 videos on YT and tried their fixes, to no avail.

I'm really at a lost as to what could be causing this, I mean if your wiping the hard drive and starting over claen...shouldn't that be end all be all? Unless my hardware is dmged. I really don't have 1500.00 to sink into replacing this gaming desktop. I really really hope someone can help me.

:)

Mereinid, Aug 3, 2018

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Aug 3, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 3, 2018
  4. This App can't run on your PC

Windows 10 Photos app doesn't run.

Hi,

Incompatible software installed in your PC can conflict with Windows apps and cause performance issues. We can suggest several troubleshooting steps to isolate and resolve the issue. As an initial recommendation, you can run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    . This will identify the cause of the issue and provide you further suggestions for troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, you can uninstall the Photos app and reinstall it by doing the steps below:

• Type Windows PowerShell in the search box at the taksbar.
    • In the search results, right click on Windows PowerShell and
      Run as administrator.
    • On the Powershell prompt, type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage.
    • Press Enter.
    • Once uninstalled, you can reinstall the app from this
      link

Let us know if the suggestions above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

This App can't run on your PC

1. This App can't run on your PC - Similar Threads - App can't run

2. This app can't run on your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app can't run on your PC: This window keeps popping up with the message "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for this PC check with software developer."The problem is I don't know what app it's referring to, and it won't let me close the window. I can still use the taskbar and start menu,...
  3. This app can't run on your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't run on your PC: My PC keeps giving me a message that says, "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for this PC check with software developer." I disregarded it the first time and just closed it but it keeps coming back. I've looked for solutions everywhere and none of them work. I...
  4. This app can't run on your PC

This app can't run on your PC: My PC keeps giving me a message that says, "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for this PC check with software developer." I disregarded it the first time and just closed it but it keeps coming back. I've looked for solutions everywhere and none of them work. I...
  5. This app can't run on your PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't run on your PC.: Hi,My OS: Windows 10 Home, 64bit, 21H2, 19044.1620Today, this error message windows keeps popping up I have to keep closing it, but it keeps popping up every 5 seconds. I did not do anything, and I am not sure why this happens. I am not even trying to open any apps or to run...
  6. This app can't run on your PC.

This app can't run on your PC.: Hi,My OS: Windows 10 Home, 64bit, 21H2, 19044.1620Today, this error message windows keeps popping up I have to keep closing it, but it keeps popping up every 5 seconds. I did not do anything, and I am not sure why this happens. I am not even trying to open any apps or to run...
  7. This app can't run with your pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't run with your pc: Hello, recently I got a blue screen of death. And I tried to type in the CMD :SFC /scannow ,but I get a pop up message saying that this app can't run with your pc.i tryed to reset my pc I get a error saying there was a problem no changes were made.Btw I am in recovery...
  8. This app can't run with your pc

This app can't run with your pc: Hello, recently I got a blue screen of death. And I tried to type in the CMD :SFC /scannow ,but I get a pop up message saying that this app can't run with your pc.i tryed to reset my pc I get a error saying there was a problem no changes were made.Btw I am in recovery...
  9. This App Can't Run on your PC

in Windows 10 Support
    This App Can't Run on your PC: Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? I've disabled Antivirus, SmartScreen, Firewall, etc. . . What is the deal? I've tried everything. 146378
  10. This App can't run on your pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    This App can't run on your pc: Our ERP system is a shortcut on my desktop to an .exe on a server, I can open and run that fine. However I have a file type that I set the default app and select the same path of ther server\exe and I receive the error message. Any suggestion would be great....