Windows 10: This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection...Sigh

Discus and support This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection...Sigh in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and need help unblocking an app on my user account. I need a driver to run from Samsung called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by QuillBall, Jun 13, 2016.

1. QuillBall Win User

This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection...Sigh

Hi all, just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and need help unblocking an app on my user account. I need a driver to run from Samsung called Settings which allows me to use the function keys on my laptop's keyboard and is needed to eject my cd drive (there is no manual button). Windows 10 upgrade made me uninstall the win7 version but I have found a windows 8 version that seems ok. the app works in an admin account, but not in mine even though I'm admin status.

In my account, the app is installed but none of the function keys work and I can't eject the cd drive. When I double click on the shortcut for the Settings program, nothing happens. When I right click and run as administrator a User Account Control window comes up and says This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection. However, I activated the Administrator account by running the elevated command prompt and using the command “net user administrator /active:yes”. I logged in, and when I double click the same darn shortcut for the program, the program runs fine, and on top of that, all my function keys work and I can eject my cd from the disk drive.

How can I unblock the app for my own account?

Thank you!

:)

QuillBall, Jun 13, 2016
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

This app has been blocked for your protection

Hello,

Windows 10 has security features like Defender SmartScreen built in that sometimes blocks apps and programs that you really want.

You may need to give permission to that app/program. To do this:

• Navigate to the file or program that's being blocked by SmartScreen.
    • Right-click the file.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the checkbox next to Unblock so that a checkmark appears.
    • Click Apply.

You should be able to open the app/program safely. If you're still having an issue with running it, try opening the program as an Administrator in addition to the steps above.

Let us know how things go.

Anne Fuj, Jun 13, 2016
  3. THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

How can I get past "This App has been blocked for your protection" in Windows 10? I need to install a valid program, but even when I try to do as an administrator, I'm told to "see the administrator."

JamesHolmes1, Jun 13, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Uninstall app.

Logon to admin account and then install, if choice comes up for admin or all users, choose all users.

RWOne, Jun 13, 2016
  5. QuillBall Win User
    THANK YOU!!! That did it. I didn't have to choose all users, it didn't give me a choice but it worked. Thank you, I was about to pull my hair out, so annoying, lol.

QuillBall, Jun 13, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    You're welcome, please mark as solved for the support gang ... give rep, etc. *Smile

So moving forward if you have an app to install, do it in admin acc to save yourself grief.

(I use my account as admin, which technically one shouldn't, but ... )

RWOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection...Sigh - Similar Threads - App Has Been

2. The app has been blocked for your protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The app has been blocked for your protection: Hello,I recently bought a new 2TB hard drive for extra space.Plugged it in no problems as it is recommended to do. Next is said to go to disk management, but when I do that the following appears :Okay so I go online and multiple fixes are proposed.I try to deactivate the...
  3. This APP has been blocked for your protection

This APP has been blocked for your protection: Hello, This game I am playing has just had an update. I was trying to install it but it doesn't let me fully access the client loader. When Its finishing the update install the following error appears *Use Account Control This app has been blocked for your protection....
  4. This app has been blocked for your protection

This app has been blocked for your protection: I'm getting this error. I'm trying to run device manager because after a restart one of my dual screen monitors isn't being detected - a problem that recurs regularly. I wouldn't mind solving both of these problems [ATTACH]...
  5. 'this app has been blocked for your protection'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'this app has been blocked for your protection': the following box pops up when I go to use a program that has been on computer since February this year and used then as well. has not been used nearly 2 months, then go to use and this happens. I have norton on comp from before non-loading program was on comp box ......
  6. This app has been blocked for your protection

This app has been blocked for your protection: When ever I try to open Windows device manager I see this message : "An administrator has blocked you from running this app, for more info contact the administrator" MMC.exe But I am the administrator ! If not how to know it. I have disabled my antivirus still the same...
  7. THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION: THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-protection/2c72b92a-e3f3-41cb-b7c4-00537d4f75a0"
  8. This app has been blocked for your protection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This app has been blocked for your protection.: Windows won't let me download my printer driver on my new laptop. It asks for Administrator permission, except I am the administrator [ATTACH]...
  9. This app has been blocked for your protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app has been blocked for your protection: The latest update of Win 10 has obviously tightened up security . . . to the point where it won't allow me run SqlBackUpandFTP any more. I logged in as the (hidden) Administrator and got it working there OK, but when I Logged in as myself again, it still wouldn't work...
  10. "This App has been blocked for your protection"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "This App has been blocked for your protection": I'm trying to install additional driver for my printer/scanner from the CD but I keep getting the message above when I try autorun or setup from the disc with the following additional comment: "An administrator has blocked you from running this app, For more information,...