Windows 10: This App will not Run on Your PC

Discus and support This App will not Run on Your PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After trying to install am admittedly sketchy program, all of my applications won't open normally and read "This app can't run on your pc". Only a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ihaveaname678, Jun 22, 2018.

1. This App will not Run on Your PC

After trying to install am admittedly sketchy program, all of my applications won't open normally and read "This app can't run on your pc". Only a select number of stock windows apps run normally. I can get most applications to open by selecting "run as administrator", but some functions within the control panel are inaccessible, like user account control settings for example. I have tried to fix this with every method I could find, including a full system scan and virus removal, and creating a new administrator account. I have norton antivirus installed, which I believe could have set off these issues, possibly not even the program itself.

:)

ihaveaname678, Jun 22, 2018

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jun 22, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 22, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

This App will not Run on Your PC

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

This App will not Run on Your PC

1. This App will not Run on Your PC - Similar Threads - App Run

2. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.: Hi, I would greatly appreciate help in getting Dragon Professional 16 DP16 running again on my work PC. IT have put it into a too hard basket. OS is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909. I am 'dhutch', a simple end-user at our institution. The error message is always 'Dragon...
  3. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.: Hi, I would greatly appreciate help in getting Dragon Professional 16 DP16 running again on my work PC. IT have put it into a too hard basket. OS is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909. I am 'dhutch', a simple end-user at our institution. The error message is always 'Dragon...
  4. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 XBOX App crashes soon after running it

Windows 10 XBOX App crashes soon after running it: Whenever I run the xbox app, it will load for a few seconds before closing itself out. I've tried some fixes like reinstalling it, reinstalling game bar/gaming services, updating, troubleshoots, and sfc /scannow. Here is the error I got in event viewer:Faulting application...
  6. Windows 10 XBOX App crashes soon after running it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 XBOX App crashes soon after running it: Whenever I run the xbox app, it will load for a few seconds before closing itself out. I've tried some fixes like reinstalling it, reinstalling game bar/gaming services, updating, troubleshoots, and sfc /scannow. Here is the error I got in event viewer:Faulting application...
  7. I accindently deleted the run app, Is there a download link for the windows version of run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accindently deleted the run app, Is there a download link for the windows version of run?: Hi,I accindently deleted Run from windows, that opens the apps, document or picture that i typed,Is there a download link for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accindently-deleted-the-run-app-is-there-a/e6f77024-e26d-4548-9da6-c8267a3d0441
  8. I accindently deleted the run app, Is there a download link for the windows version of run?

I accindently deleted the run app, Is there a download link for the windows version of run?: Hi,I accindently deleted Run from windows, that opens the apps, document or picture that i typed,Is there a download link for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accindently-deleted-the-run-app-is-there-a/e6f77024-e26d-4548-9da6-c8267a3d0441
  9. Running App Downloaded From Microsoft Store in Administrator Mode by Default

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Running App Downloaded From Microsoft Store in Administrator Mode by Default: I purchased 4k Video Downloader from the Microsoft Store but some of its features such as the Smart Mode do not work. If you try to set Smart Mode settings it clears once you exit the dialog box. I figured out that running the application in administrator mode fixes this and...
  10. My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator

My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator: Today I installed a new motherboard, cpu and a graphics card and now after having my computer turned on for a minute all of my apps crash and wont open unless I run them as administrator. I have tried different solutions to fix this problem but none of them have helped, I...