Windows 10: This bag of tricks may help stop a ransomware infection

Discus and support This bag of tricks may help stop a ransomware infection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A malware researcher has found a few tricks to stop one of the latest types of ransomware, called Locky, from infecting a computer without using any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

This bag of tricks may help stop a ransomware infection

Borg 386, Mar 23, 2016

2. Windows updates not installing error 0x80096004

Hi Sir,

I infected by ransomware virus

contact support for information, this may help: (0x80096004)

Please help

skbhati199, Mar 23, 2016
  3. How Avoid Ransomware

Hello, Recently I reading topics about ransomware. A victim asking question to prevent ransomware because his PC got infected by the ransomware and stop data and computer access.. and demanding for money to the victim... his data got encrypted.

So How to avoid ransomware and prevent
    to keep safe our pc in future?

Is Windows Defender can Avoid Ransomware?

Raman Singh [Insider], Mar 23, 2016
  4. This bag of tricks may help stop a ransomware infection

This "trick" does not stop just Locky, but most of the malware and common users are not limited by it.

reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

TairikuOkami, Mar 23, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
  6. RolandJS Win User
    I like this! What do I write into either a REG or BAT file that does this? Thanks!

RolandJS, Mar 23, 2016
  7. TrustMe Win User
    Sorry I don't completely understand what you wrote. I opened the registry, went to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings

With Settings highlighted, on the right side, I created a new DWORD 32-bit and named it Enabled, then gave it a value of 0 (zero). Is that right?

TrustMe, Mar 23, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

I think I could re-install Windows faster than deploying this 'bag of tricks' properly.

Edwin, Mar 23, 2016
  9. Into the BAT exactly that line above, into the REG, see bellow.

Yes, that is it.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings]
    "Enabled"=dword:00000000

TairikuOkami, Mar 23, 2016
  10. swarfega Win User
    The trick is to have all your personal files (the ones you care about) on a second drive so if you are hit, you can just format and clean install.

swarfega, Mar 23, 2016
  11. Borg 386 Win User
    Yepperz, that's the real trick, getting people to do that BEFORE they get hit

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. This bag of tricks may help stop a ransomware infection - Similar Threads - bag tricks may

2. Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus: I was just using my PC until it suddenly restarted, I thought it was a simple malfunction until I saw that it had been rebooted into Windows 10 Safe Mode I am using Windows 10 OSI am trying to access basic Windows 10 functions that should still work in Safe Mode such as the...
  3. Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus: I was just using my PC until it suddenly restarted, I thought it was a simple malfunction until I saw that it had been rebooted into Windows 10 Safe Mode I am using Windows 10 OSI am trying to access basic Windows 10 functions that should still work in Safe Mode such as the...
  4. Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I have infected with Ransomware

I have infected with Ransomware: I have windows 7 My device got ransomware with the vvyu extension... Is there a safe free tool that can help me recover my infected files? Thanks[Original Title: Ransomware !!]...
  6. Files infected with .uyjh ransomware

Files infected with .uyjh ransomware: aAll of my files are infected with .uyjh ransomware. Is there any chance that I can decrypt my files? The attached fig shows how its has changes the extension of one of my file...
  7. Ransomware infected file recovery

Ransomware infected file recovery: My all files encrypted to .iisa extension I'm want my files back please help me out for this regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-infected-file-recovery/69c55fd5-9120-4efe-8b74-8b1cb91c80da
  8. I have infected with ransomware

I have infected with ransomware: my pc is attacked with a ransomware and all my files are encrypted as MOQS files....how can i recover them...[Original Title: ransomware] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-infected-with-ransomware/ab5a9fe5-bf0f-44ae-8f8d-d712bc019977
  9. I have been infected with Ransomware

I have been infected with Ransomware: My whole computer files are affected and encrypted by .enfp virus due to which I lost my control all over my files, pls suggest any way to decrypt my files as the virus is demanding 980$ for per file decryption key. [Original Title: Virus]...
  10. Infected by ransomware having .lapoi extension. Need help to decrypt.

Infected by ransomware having .lapoi extension. Need help to decrypt.: Split from this thread. My laptop was infected by ransomware having .lapoi extension.I back up all my files and reinstall the system. I need help to decrypt my file with .lapoi extension...