Windows 10: This build of windows will expire on 5/1/2017...

Discus and support This build of windows will expire on 5/1/2017... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently replaced the faulty hard drive on my laptop. I reinstalled Windows 10. I am now getting this message "THIS BUILD OF WINDOWS WILL EXPIRE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AFTommy, Apr 26, 2017.

1. AFTommy Win User

This build of windows will expire on 5/1/2017...

I recently replaced the faulty hard drive on my laptop. I reinstalled Windows 10. I am now getting this message
    "THIS BUILD OF WINDOWS WILL EXPIRE SOON" Your build of Windows will expire on 5/1/2017. If it expires, your PC will restart every few hours. Go online for more information.
    PLEASE HELP

:)

AFTommy, Apr 26, 2017

2. This build of Windows will expire soon.

I recently replaced my Motherboard and afterward I started getting the error:

This build of Windows will expire soon

Your build of Windows will expire on 5/15/2017. If it expires, your PC will restart every few hours. Go online for more information.

I click more information and it doesn't give me anything helpful.

Build 16176.rs_prerelease.170410-1642

Activation Screen:

Windows

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Activation Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account.

I have run Windows Update several times but this error will not go away. I don't feel like having my computer constantly restarting on me so if anyone has any words of wisdom I'd be most appreciative.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JamesBurke4, Apr 26, 2017
  3. This build of Windows will expire soon.

Looks like one of Microsoft's early fast insider build of Redstone 3 had very short life attached. Latest fast build is 16193 and there is ISO file from Microsoft available at:

Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO

I would use it to get up to date.

I suggest clean install with ISO file or you could download to pc & use Mount feature to update.

Jmarco0921, Apr 26, 2017
  4. bobkn Win User

What build is installed?

One way to find out is to run Winver.

bobkn, Apr 26, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Did you download a fresh Windows 10 USB flash drive or DVD and install the newest version? As @bobkn is eluding to it sounds like you installed an old, out-of-date insider build of Windows 10. You can go here to download and update to the newest, released version:
    Download Windows 10

NavyLCDR, Apr 26, 2017
  6. AFTommy Win User
    Flyboy to Swabby---Excuse me Commander but the link you sent directed me to "Windows Media Creation Tool". I am a little inexperienced with this tool, but, will that also download Windows 10 Home? The directions also mention a license. Would that be my Windows account? I thank both you and bobkn for your help. I am at a loss because I am in Florida and my daughter who has the laptop is in school in New York. She is mailing me the pc today. So, knowing exactly what version is on the pc presently is a little tough.
    Commander "Fair Winds and Following Seas." and bobkn "thanks"

AFTommy, Apr 28, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    I got the Media Creation Tool a week ago and used it to download the .iso file which I used to burn the DVD. It gave me Version 1607 Build 14393.447. After doing a clean install for a client I then was able to update to build 14393.1066, the most current on my computers.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. This build of windows will expire on 5/1/2017... - Similar Threads - build expire 2017

2. Build of windows will expire soon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Build of windows will expire soon: "Build of windows will expire soon 31/10/21"I've been having this notification for the past few months and it's extremley irritating. Everytime i'm focused on a task this message pop ups and exits all of my tabs and current work. I was wondering if there is any way to stop...
  3. Build of windows will expire soon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build of windows will expire soon: "Build of windows will expire soon 31/10/21"I've been having this notification for the past few months and it's extremley irritating. Everytime i'm focused on a task this message pop ups and exits all of my tabs and current work. I was wondering if there is any way to stop...
  4. This build of Windows will expire soon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This build of Windows will expire soon: Split from this thread.how to solve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-build-of-windows-will-expire-soon/1f8bf258-16b9-4b06-aeba-8268a52cc370
  5. Windows Build to Expire

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Build to Expire: I am getting this message but I purchased the Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft. I have the receipt in my email for $99. What is going on? I've read that soon my laptop will restart every 2 hours and etc...... What is the deal????...
  6. Windows Build Expiration Notification

Windows Build Expiration Notification: Hello, I keep getting the following message each time I start up my pc, "Your build of Windows will expire on 7/31/2020. You should move to a new build as soon as possible. Go online for more information". Windows Update has no new updates. I am a Windows Insider and opted...
  7. Will my Windows build expire?

Will my Windows build expire?: Hi there, I have recently moved to the Beta Channel of the Windows Insider Programme from the Dev Channel. I am on build 20161, and every time I boot my computer, it warns me that my build of windows will expire soon. Will the build still expire even though I am the Beta...
  8. This build of Windows will expire soon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    This build of Windows will expire soon: Since Yesterday I keep getting a pop-up window with message: "This build of Windows will expire soon Your build of Windows will expire on 31-07-2020. You should move to a new build as soon as possible. Go online for more information." On clicking "More Info" windows opens...
  9. This build of windows will expire soon.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This build of windows will expire soon.: I am getting a this build of windows will expire soon popup on Windows Insider Build 20161.1000. How do i sole this. I have checked that my account is still there in windows insider? submitted by /u/johncaling40 [link] [comments]...
  10. Build 2017 Recap

in Windows 10 News
    Build 2017 Recap: It was a busy week for everyone last week at the Build 2017 conference in Seattle. Thanks to everyone who was able to attend the conference and stop by the DevOps area to talk about VSTS. Even for the people that were there in person it is impossible to catch everything, but...