Windows 10: This has been a real annoyance (to do with mouse clicking)

Discus and support This has been a real annoyance (to do with mouse clicking) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For a long time and several different versions of windows. I'm just about to click on what I want to click on and the screen changes so that something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paj692, Jul 3, 2016.

1. paj692 Win User

This has been a real annoyance (to do with mouse clicking)

For a long time and several different versions of windows. I'm just about to click on what I want to click on and the screen changes so that something else is now where the mouse cursor is and I end up clicking on it, even though I didn't intend to.
    Whether I'm in a browser or file explorer (or any GUI for that matter), It would be nice to have a hot key that keeps the screen from moving or updating when one is about to click the mouse. I don't expect the OS to automatically know that I'm about to click, But it might be nice to have a key sequence (such as CTRL-K) that prevents the screen from moving, or changing, or updating until after I've clicked what I moved the mouse over in the first place. I feel really stupid thinking this way, But after hundreds of times clicking on things I didn't mean to click on, because the screen refreshed a split second before I clicked, I think there must be a solution for this. *Mad*Redface*cry

:)

paj692, Jul 3, 2016
  2. Myoki Win User

Mouse and touchpad have inconsistent clicking Windows 10

So my USB mouse and my touch pad seem to have issues with being consistent with clicking. If I hold down the click on the touchpad it clicks multiple times, sometimes not holding the click after. It sometimes
    single clicks, but usually clicks more than once, and this has been a huge annoyance for a long time. I thought it was just my Microsoft USB mouse for my laptop, but it is also an issue with my lenovo laptops touchpad which leads me to believe that this is
    a microsoft issue.

I've tried looking for solutions, and seen many threads, but none that I've seen have been successful. Someone please help me fix this issue! I can't do much of anything on my computer that I bought it for
    with this issue!

If it matters, I am using a Y70-70 Touch Laptop (Lenovo)

Myoki, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Mouse Problems Since Fall Creator's Update

Hello

Since the Fall Creator's Update my mouse has been acting real weird. For starters it clicks twice when I only click it once, it lags sometimes and when I click to make a selection the pointer disappears and I have to keep clicking till it makes the selection.
    At first I thought it was a hardware issue as some of sites want to suggest but it's not the case. I installed it on the laptop too and the mouse is doing the same thing.

Please tell me what the problems is. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

airbus A-330-200, Jul 3, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

The "Mouse over effect" has been there long time, since W95 I think. It's supposed to show that icon is ready to be activated but shouldn't be so drastic and it should happen for very brief moment. There is a mask for every icon and icon picture is superimposed over it. In your case it may be related to the speed your system can refresh icons and links.

CountMike, Jul 3, 2016
  5. paj692 Win User
    The two times this happens that I find most annoying is when I am in Windows File Explorer in the folders pane on the left and am about to click on my C drive and it scrolls up or down quickly and I inadvertently click DVD drive H (for example) and I have to click close to the insert disk popup. The other one is when I'm on a webpage and am over a link (Next for example) and before I can depress the mouse button, the web page scrolls up or down and I end up clicking an ad or a link to facebook. I'm looking for what used to be called a TSR type program so when I decide to click something I can hit a hot-key and the screen cannot move until I click the mouse. This should prevent all these disappointing time wasting and dangerous surfing mistakes. I'm not saying it's anyone else's fault that I keep clicking things I didn't want to. I just think there could be a technical solution to a problem that surely must be affecting more people than me. Thanks for reading this.

paj692, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. This has been a real annoyance (to do with mouse clicking) - Similar Threads - has been real

2. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  3. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  4. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this: The problem that I am stating is just not a local problem for me, it is a problem that hundreds or thousands of people are facing world wide. And the problem is the sudden issues with delicate windows essentials such as the start button, the search, and other programs what...
  6. Annoying delete issue that has been going on for months

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying delete issue that has been going on for months: Hello everyone, I've been experiencing a frustrating issue in Windows 10 for months now. Sometimes when I delete a folder, some files, usually exe files, remain and I have to restart the system to be able to delete. This didn't use to be the case a while ago. For instance,...
  7. Annoying clicking noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Annoying clicking noise: Hello I got an annoying clicking noise while listening Youtube. I did removed and reinstall the NVIDIA audio driver, but noise is still there. Edit: Clicking noise like static is heard even when there in nothing playing on Youtube. Any idea Any help appreciated 143346
  8. Annoying clicking noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying clicking noise: Hello I got an annoying clicking noise while listening Youtube. I did removed and reinstall the NVIDIA audio driver, but noise is still there. Any idea? Any help appreciated 143346
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu Has Been Annoying Me!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Has Been Annoying Me!: I tried yahoo answers and tried This link here FIX - Windows 10 Taskbar Not Functioning - Microsoft Community Also tried going to control panel and changing performance thing and the start menu still not loading after amount off time. The start menu everytime i try to...
  10. Not A Real Problem, Just annoying One!

in Windows 10 Support
    Not A Real Problem, Just annoying One!: I have switched from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home, and all went well with the exceptions of a few do's and don't. The annoying issue it when I want to shut down the computer. At the lower left side there is the "Windows 10 logo" that I click on to make the shut down....