Windows 10: This how to easily get rid of the RESTORE PARTITION

Discus and support This how to easily get rid of the RESTORE PARTITION in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hope this isn't a repeat but this works as I just did it in 2 computers and 3 drives in W10. What you need... A FREE minitool partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by allserene, Dec 28, 2015.

1. allserene Win User

This how to easily get rid of the RESTORE PARTITION

Hope this isn't a repeat but this works as I just did it in 2 computers and 3 drives in W10.
    What you need...
    A FREE minitool partition wizard--excellent !
    B FREE Macrium Reflect Imaging which is amazingly good !
    C A spare drive

This is what you do:
    A: take a backup image of your system drive with Macrium. Remember where you put it.
    B: delete all partitions that may exist on your spare drive..(use mini tool to delete any restore partitions)
    C: Restore the system partition (only) to your spare drive.. you will see Macrium actually create the boot files in your C partition on your spare drive. yippee !
    D: Use windows 10 disk manager to extend the system partition on the spare drive to use unallocated space...
    Now reboot and go into bios and try boot on the spare drive

If it works, clone the spare drive back to your regular system drive if your system device has no other partitions... (after deleting restore partition with mini tool)
    If it has other partitions, delete the pesky restore partition with mini tool, extend system with windows 10 disk manager, then restore the backup image to your c drive...and relax coz you know it boots on the spare drive if there is a hitch (eg you did it wrongly in macrium restore) ...

Close down, remove the spare drive and boot up going into bios to show your regular system drive
    ok you have done it - no protected partition and all your boot files in C:

and IT WAS FREE ! Check out my screen shot below ... ps I only recommend a spare disk as I like to have a functioning system at all times.. I actually did my laptop an hour ago with an external drive and without a spare disk and without problems..

:)

allserene, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Dec 28, 2015
  3. I want to know how to easily get rid of the update windows 10 please?

I have read all the replies to the other person who kept having the Windows 10 reminders too. and wasn't able to download her system's upgrades also without stupid windows 10 beginning to upgrade. I am having that same problem! I DO NOT WANT WINDOWS 10!!!!
    But I have 8.1 so when I opened up the website to download the new control panel to install that, it says it works for only operating systems 8 and under. And I don't know anything about computers to look for all of these "threads" or numbers RB29..... what
    like 8 of them? I am so confused. I can't update any of my 8.1 updates b/c this windows 10 starts downloading even though I did not check the box to download it! It's frustrating me. Is there something different and something easier to do for someone who had
    a stroke and has lost grey matter and my memory is not well anymore???? Please? I need some help to get rid of this blue message Microsoft is never going to leave it alone are they????!!!!!!!

LoriWelch29, Dec 28, 2015
Thema:

This how to easily get rid of the RESTORE PARTITION

1. This how to easily get rid of the RESTORE PARTITION - Similar Threads - easily rid RESTORE

2. can i get rid of write protection easily and how

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can i get rid of write protection easily and how: i need to get rid of write protection on a DVD can you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-rid-of-write-protection-easily-and-how/4666e76b-e6a6-4734-ab88-0d77f121a0b1
  3. can i get rid of write protection easily and how

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i get rid of write protection easily and how: i need to get rid of write protection on a DVD can you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-rid-of-write-protection-easily-and-how/4666e76b-e6a6-4734-ab88-0d77f121a0b1
  4. can i get rid of write protection easily and how

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to extend Windows partition without getting rid of Microsoft reserved partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to extend Windows partition without getting rid of Microsoft reserved partition: I used to dual boot Windows with Linux and today I got removed it. I would like to extend my Windows' partition's space to take the space that the Linux partition used but because of the Microsoft reserved partition I can't do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  6. How to extend Windows partition without getting rid of Microsoft reserved partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to extend Windows partition without getting rid of Microsoft reserved partition: I used to dual boot Windows with Linux and today I got removed it. I would like to extend my Windows' partition's space to take the space that the Linux partition used but because of the Microsoft reserved partition I can't do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  7. How to extend Windows partition without getting rid of Microsoft reserved partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. --Need to get rid of this System partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    --Need to get rid of this System partition: Drive C I want to keep. It has Win 10. This is a dual boot system that I do not want to dual boot anymore. Straight to windows is what I want to happen. I paid for this program called MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro. It looks robust enough but doesn't tell you HOW to do...
  9. How to get rid of all unnecessary partitions in Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of all unnecessary partitions in Windows 8.1: I have created extra partitions when I wanted to make a dual boot with Linux OS and Windows. I have had both Linux Mint and Ubuntu installed. After the second installation, I am not sure which of the partitions are used by Linux and which ones are used by Windows. What I...
  10. getting rid off 300mb efi partition

in Windows 10 Support
    getting rid off 300mb efi partition: i had a kingston ssdnow300 in my ps3. then i took it out and had acronis clone from a hdd in a laptop for a buddy. his laptop died cause when he got it someone stepped on it so he had it hooked up to a tv via hdmi. now i have formated the ssd i've tried deleting it in...