Windows 10: This is getting Boring - Nothing is Breaking !!!!

Discus and support This is getting Boring - Nothing is Breaking !!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there I NEED a new build - my 9926 build is getting TOO BORING !!!! => Everything is working -- NOTHING is breaking. C'mon Ms -- your OS'es... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Mar 12, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

This is getting Boring - Nothing is Breaking !!!!

Hi there

I NEED a new build - my 9926 build is getting TOO BORING !!!! => Everything is working -- NOTHING is breaking.

C'mon Ms -- your OS'es are never THAT GOOD --what's going wrong this time !!!!!!! and we aren't even NEAR RTM yet.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 12, 2015
  2. DanONeal Win User

W10 updates keep breaking things- this is getting ridiculous

YEP!!! This sucks and is temping me to go Mac!

DanONeal, Mar 12, 2015
  3. deathjavu Win User
    W10 updates keep breaking things- this is getting ridiculous

To start with, why are the updates resetting wallpapers, default programs, device and startup settings? These are trivial data points to transfer, and you're not going to trick me into using Edge/Bing, it just makes me resent them more. Resetting this every
    time I update is irritating in the extreme.

More seriously, within the last few months, I've seen Windows update break the following on 3 different computers:

-Audio drivers

-Audio drivers, again

-Laptop track pad, which caused an error message to continuously pop up

-Webcams

-Just about every image in the start menu (they all say P ~ microsoft. etc instead of displaying an image). I didn't even want your stupid expanded start menu to start with!

-WiFi drivers. This is the one that got me to post since I had to download a fix on another computer.

None of the computers in question are more than 5 years old...my desktop with the broken WiFi drivers is only a few months old. But Microsoft keeps bricking critical components so they can cram in more bloatware I don't want and mother trucking advertisements
    (!!!). I go out of my way to avoid advertisements in my web browsers, and now Microsoft has added unavoidable pop-up ads to the OS itself. And, of course, updates are no longer optional, so I can't even leave my PC functioning as is.

Once is understandable, but this is a pattern across 5+ updates now and I can see no reason for it- other than for Microsoft to try to sell you more of its stuff, oh sorry, "leverage existing platforms to provide users with more services and features". You're
    not invincible, Microsoft. Keep bricking people's computers and they will find alternatives.

deathjavu, Mar 12, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Guess we'll have to go on posting about food, weather, music, films and funny pictures, etc. til a new build drops! *Wink

Edwin, Mar 12, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    Yep it is boring as far as nothing is breaking it seems the check for updates button is breaking or wearing out.LOL

labeeman, Mar 12, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    In the meantime, get a raspberry pi. You'll never run out of things to do with it. *Smile

badrobot, Mar 12, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    When an OS just works.. well it works. I really want to see the next build.

BunnyJ, Mar 12, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

You're not trying Jimbo.
    I killed it many times testing (from the ASUS site) Windows 8 drivers. I've come to the conclusion the Out-of-the-box drivers were not only good enough they were the best(my laptop originally has Windows 7). I only needed the Intel HD2000, Realtek sound, and ATK hotkey drivers from ASUS. Anything else makes 10TP "in my case" unbootable.

Cliff S, Mar 12, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Let's kill the boredom and see how many apps, programs, instances, multiple browser with multiple open tabs it takes to crash Windows 10 on each of our specific PCs/systems. On my relatively weak ASUS X54C I had 12 programs 6 instances of explorer.exe open and 10 google tabs and still only used 15%CPU and around 5GB RAM and it didn't crash-it ran slow-but it didn't crash. I'm gonna work on that!

Cliff S, Mar 13, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    LOL! Sounds like fun!

I've had 91 Explorer windows opened before it crashed! I kid you not! *Smile

Edwin, Mar 13, 2015
  11. Not bored here!
    I'm still throwing everything I can at W-10 TP, just to see what sticks and what falls off.

So far, everything is working except for the little known Registry Optimizer, "NTREGOPT". It doesn't seem to be able to open any registry hive to optimize it. It could even be that one of my Security Programs is to blame and not Win-10 itself.

I'm just enjoying the heck out of this new OS. I hope the next version is just as good.

*Cool

TechnoMage, Mar 13, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    I did have one old program that killed the desktop(didn't crash(nothing showed up in reliability history) but showed a totally black desktop with no right click capabilities. Maybe ya'll know it from Windows 7> notification-area-cleaner x64 it cleans all the old system tray icons out and resets it to default and restarts explorer.exe(the best too for this but only for 7)

Cliff S, Mar 13, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

30 Apps open, 15 Explorer windows, 12 tabs in FF, (6 YouTube videos running),
    I'm at about ½ my 'horsepower'.

This is getting Boring - Nothing is Breaking !!!! [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 13, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    OK, I have something For ya, Jimbo . . . In Windows 10, there's no way to turn off the Synaptic pointing device if a USB mouse (wireless or otherwise) is detected. It can be done in Windows 8.1 but not in Windows 10.

Got a laptop you can investigate this issue on? *Smile

Wynona, Mar 13, 2015
  15. badrobot Win User
    Really? It's not in msconfig? gotta check that too.

badrobot, Mar 13, 2015
Thema:

1. This is getting Boring - Nothing is Breaking !!!! - Similar Threads - getting Boring Nothing

2. I cant log on my microsoft account and i am getting bored of it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant log on my microsoft account and i am getting bored of it: Its been 3 years and i cant still play anything like steam or do anything. When i try to log in, it says the account is deleted and there is no account like "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" but i can log in, in Google. Its starting to piss me off. And it wants...
  3. I cant log on my microsoft account and i am getting bored of it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant log on my microsoft account and i am getting bored of it: Its been 3 years and i cant still play anything like steam or do anything. When i try to log in, it says the account is deleted and there is no account like "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" but i can log in, in Google. Its starting to piss me off. And it wants...
  4. boring

in Windows 10 Customization
    boring: some1 know how to move those icons to the middle of the taskbar so its looks more like windows 11?Im boring with using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boring/36b7e16c-7aba-4eed-a313-10eba32f46f0
  5. boring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boring: some1 know how to move those icons to the middle of the taskbar so its looks more like windows 11?Im boring with using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boring/36b7e16c-7aba-4eed-a313-10eba32f46f0
  6. boring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD startup loop, nothing breaks the cycle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD startup loop, nothing breaks the cycle: Blue screen of death every time I start up. Tried all troubleshooting options available in the blue screen startup prompt. Tried uninstalling the most recent update this saga started after the July 2021 update, and I KNOW this update has caused this problem with other Windows...
  8. Cannot connect I’m bored

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect I’m bored: I got error code 39. Window cannot load device driver for this hadware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. please any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-im-bored/255d84dc-52f3-48aa-80e6-4dc5c28e44d9
  9. Windows 10 UI is UGLY and BORING!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 UI is UGLY and BORING!!: The Windows 10 UI is less than impressive when it comes to look and feel. Windows 10 seems to be a good operating system. However, you would think that Microsoft could do much more to impress the eye when it comes to the UI of this OS. Windows Vista was hands down the best...
  10. Same boring query

in Browsers and Email
    Same boring query: Am going to give 10 another go after I initially tried it and swapped out the drive and went back to 7. Now I have looked around for some definitive answers regarding using WLM as the email service in Windows 10 but see a lot of varied answers. Now I do have lot of stored...