Windows 10: This is Microsoft HoloLens

Discus and support This is Microsoft HoloLens in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This is Microsoft HoloLens [img] Microsoft has revealed its first virtual reality headset, the Microsoft HoloLens, delivering what the company... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Kari, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Kari Win User

This is Microsoft HoloLens

More: This is Microsoft HoloLens - SlashGear

[youtube]aThCr0PsyuA[/youtube]

:)

2. Network requirements for Hololens

Hi Tina,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you need to know the network requirements for Microsoft HoloLens . I will certainly help you.

Microsoft HoloLens see a wide array of use-cases for developers, commercial organizations, designers, creators, and those seeking a whole new way to be entertained will find unique value in Microsoft HoloLens.

The network requirements solely depends on the purpose you are using with HoloLens to accomplish developing, designing etc.

I suggest you to post your query here for further information
    on Microsoft HoloLens.

Refer the below article for more information on Microsoft HoloLens.

Microsoft HoloLens Frequently Asked Questions

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jan 20, 2015
  3. Can the hololense work in the real world?

Hi Scott

The Hololens is not available to the general public yet.

The Hololens program that Microsoft is offering is for the developers who will be developing apps for the Hololens.

Go to the following website. Click the links on the Blue Menu Bar. Enjoy.

Hololens Main:

Microsoft HoloLens

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Jan 20, 2015
  4. rvbfan Win User

Don't ever think I would use one. Nice idea though.

rvbfan, Jan 20, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    I like the idea. I don't know if I could use them or not. The one time I tried a pair of 3-D glasses I was dizzy and had a headache for about a hour.

Winuser, Jan 20, 2015
  6. Obviously, price will be a big deciding factor for most. It could make gaming interesting, depending on the game.

alphanumeric, Jan 20, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I doubt I would make use of them, now, but I love the idea and the fact it's an option!

BunnyJ, Jan 21, 2015
  8. z3r010 Win User

I don't care what the cost is I want them on launch day!!!!

z3r010, Jan 21, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I have to see a bit more and what they will cost but if they are worth it I might get a pair as well.

BunnyJ, Jan 21, 2015
  10. gzt7d8 Win User
    Heck our kids or grand kids are going to look back on this day and say why did they wait so long.

This will be a way of life someday, just like smart phones and ubiquitous internet access.

gzt7d8, Jan 21, 2015
  11. Seeing something in 3D that you can rotate around to all the different angles, before you actually print it in 3D would be a real advantage to some. I would think anybody seriously in CAD design will be lining up to get one.

alphanumeric, Jan 21, 2015
  12. echrada Win User
    I agree, they are awesome!

echrada, Jan 21, 2015
  13. z3r010 Win User
  14. Well I can see things like holographic as a big thing in the not to distance future.

I do believe it will take some getting use to for the human brain. You would be using the human brain in ways that it's never worked before.

Layback Bear, Jan 21, 2015
  15. This is tomorrow's computing. No Desktops, laptops, tablets ... just the virtual screen. Who cares where the hardware is, the interface is on your face, gestures replace input devices.

The marketing is great, the reality - we'll see.

Be careful - don't try to eat the sandwich that someone sent you virtually as a joke. *Wink

This and a 3d printer is all you'd ever need - it's the Matrix!

Very cool stuff.

Slartybart, Jan 21, 2015
Thema:

1. This is Microsoft HoloLens - Similar Threads - Microsoft HoloLens

2. Introducing the new Microsoft Edge for HoloLens 2 Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Microsoft Edge for HoloLens 2 Insiders: [img] Experience the best of the Internet in mixed reality! With the new Microsoft Edge on HoloLens 2, you can place browser windows around your physical world, scale them to the size of walls, or have a browser window follow you as you walk around. You can even browse the...
  3. Microsoft announces Windows Autopilot for HoloLens 2 public preview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces Windows Autopilot for HoloLens 2 public preview: Today, we are announcing Windows Autopilot for HoloLens 2 public preview! In May, the HoloLens and Microsoft Endpoint Manager teams announced the Windows Autopilot private preview for HoloLens 2. Since then, hundreds of customers have participated in the program to deliver...
  4. I can't Login to the Microsoft Store from Microsoft Hololens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't Login to the Microsoft Store from Microsoft Hololens: I can't login to Microsoft Store from HoloLens. I've heard that I need to set the date and time automatically, but when I set the time zone automatically in Korea, it appears in the US time zone. Also, when I change to Korea, the automatic setting is turned off. Is this...
  5. HoloLens 2 now available at Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    HoloLens 2 now available at Microsoft Store: HoloLens 2 is the most comfortable mixed reality device available, with industry-leading solutions that deliver an immersive experience—all enhanced by the reliability, security, and scalability of cloud and AI services from Microsoft. Get started right away with...
  6. Firefox Reality for HoloLens 2 now available in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Reality for HoloLens 2 now available in Microsoft Store: [ATTACH] Mozilla's Mixed Reality team is excited to announce the first public release of Firefox Reality in the Microsoft store. We announced at Mobile World Congress 2019 that we were working with Microsoft to bring a mixed reality browser to the HoloLens 2 platform, and...
  7. Microsoft now shipping HoloLens 2 mixed reality headset to customers VR-Holo

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft now shipping HoloLens 2 mixed reality headset to customers VR-Holo: Redmond, Washington – The first time people don the new HoloLens 2 on their heads, the device automatically gets to know them: It measures everything from the precise shape of their hands to the exact distance between their eyes. The artificial intelligence research and...
  8. Microsoft announces HoloLens 2 at MWC19

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces HoloLens 2 at MWC19: This evening at a press event to kickoff MWC Barcelona, I had the pleasure of joining CEO Satya Nadella and Technical Fellow Alex Kipman onstage to talk in depth about Microsoft’s worldview for the intelligent cloud and intelligent edge. As part of today’s press event, we...
  9. Microsoft HoloLens Emulator version 17763.134 released for download

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft HoloLens Emulator version 17763.134 released for download: The HoloLens emulator allows you to test holographic apps on your PC without a physical HoloLens and comes with the HoloLens development toolset. The emulator uses a Hyper-V virtual machine. The human and environmental inputs that would usually be read by the sensors on the...
  10. Microsoft Next Gen HoloLens Targeted for late Q2 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Next Gen HoloLens Targeted for late Q2 2019: It’s no secret that Microsoft is working on a next-gen HoloLens as the company released the first iteration several years ago. The big question is when the next iteration will arrive as the company has been building the product in broad daylight. In early 2018, the target...