Windows 10: This is my wives PC, she has passed. How do I reset this pc for me.

Discus and support This is my wives PC, she has passed. How do I reset this pc for me. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This pc was owned and used by my wife. Sadly she has passed and I would like to reinstall windows10 and sign in as the administrator. What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TedMeyers, Aug 21, 2018.

1. TedMeyers Win User

This is my wives PC, she has passed. How do I reset this pc for me.

This pc was owned and used by my wife.

Sadly she has passed and I would like to reinstall windows10 and sign in as the administrator.

What do I do?

:)

TedMeyers, Aug 21, 2018

2. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Aug 21, 2018
  4. This is my wives PC, she has passed. How do I reset this pc for me.

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

This is my wives PC, she has passed. How do I reset this pc for me.

1. This is my wives PC, she has passed. How do I reset this pc for me. - Similar Threads - wives has passed

2. How Do I Reset My PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Reset My PC?: I am using windows 7 in a Macbook Pro.But I can't reset it.what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-pc/5b8a08c8-a474-4531-b458-ad9b2c4ba373
  3. How do I reset my PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my PC!: My PC got hacked because of Tutorial free gd game, And it got hacked, password, I tried going in recovery mode, reset it and it won't reset! Can someone help? I tried everything, image restore, CMD, and many more, And I don't have a USB or even DVD to repair it! Please tell...
  4. How do I reset my PC!

How do I reset my PC!: My PC got hacked because of Tutorial free gd game, And it got hacked, password, I tried going in recovery mode, reset it and it won't reset! Can someone help? I tried everything, image restore, CMD, and many more, And I don't have a USB or even DVD to repair it! Please tell...
  5. how do I reset my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I reset my pc?: I tried going to settings, update and security, recovery, then clicked get started on reset this pc but the setttings just crashes or freezes after i try to open it. After a minute of trying to open it, i get an error on msedge.exe that says entry point...
  6. how do I reset my pc?

how do I reset my pc?: I tried going to settings, update and security, recovery, then clicked get started on reset this pc but the setttings just crashes or freezes after i try to open it. After a minute of trying to open it, i get an error on msedge.exe that says entry point...
  7. how do I reset my pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I reset my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my PC?: I have lost my admin account on my PC. Somehow. And the other account left was my old account that I barely used. I have to reset my PC, which I am fine with, because all of the data is useless. It's causing some difficulties for me to use. So I asked for help. I have gone...
  9. How do I reset my PC?

How do I reset my PC?: I have lost my admin account on my PC. Somehow. And the other account left was my old account that I barely used. I have to reset my PC, which I am fine with, because all of the data is useless. It's causing some difficulties for me to use. So I asked for help. I have gone...
  10. How do I reset my PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade