Windows 10: This Is the New File Explorer Icon That Could Launch in Windows 10 RS

Discus and support This Is the New File Explorer Icon That Could Launch in Windows 10 RS in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This Is the New File Explorer Icon That Could Launch in Windows 10 Redstone [img] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 26, 2016.

1. This Is the New File Explorer Icon That Could Launch in Windows 10 RS

This Is the New File Explorer Icon That Could Launch in Windows 10 Redstone

This Is the New File Explorer Icon That Could Launch in Windows 10 RS [​IMG]

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

Cluster Head, May 26, 2016
  2. davidhk Win User

Microsoft,
    Put away the graphic designer hat. Put on the programmer hat.
    Screw it tight to your head, and get the bugs fixed.
    Will you ?

:)

davidhk, May 26, 2016
  3. File Explorer Issues

In File Explorer:

Click View tab

Click Options

Click View tab

Check the box "Launch folder windows in a separate process"

Click Apply then OK

If you now click the shortcut/taskbar icon for File Explorer, a new window should open

Andre Da Costa, May 26, 2016
  4. koolking Win User

This Is the New File Explorer Icon That Could Launch in Windows 10 RS

Where are my icons?

Hello,

In Win 7 I had an icon for a game I was playing and an icon to use my gamepad on my desktop. In Win 10 I cannot find those icons anywhere. Not in File Explorer. Not in Quick Access. I don't know where else to look.

Can anybody help?

TIA,

RS

koolking, May 26, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Who cares what the File Explorer icon will look like?*Biggrin
    I'll be changing it to my Windows Puzzle icon*Tongue
    What it looks like:

Click to download:
    Windows Puzzel Icon.zip

Cliff S, May 26, 2016
  6. OilerNut Win User
    It's funny that Microsoft is seemingly so concerned with the colour of an icon.

OilerNut, May 26, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I think that MS can multi task easily and changing an ICON is not a big change.

BunnyJ, May 26, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

*DittoLike I said, I change it to the one I made anyhow. I never understood the anality(my word say it loud, then you'll get it) of this pre-occupation of users with what icon MS uses. Truth be told, I usually read the text under the icon, than look at the icon. I could go with text boxes and blank icons and be better off.

Cliff S, May 26, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    The silliness is not about able or not able to multi-task.
    It's about who gives a flying leap if the icon has light blue or darker blue file holder ?
    That is the stupid waste of time which can be better used to fix bugs.

davidhk, May 26, 2016
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    They do have enough employees that can change the ICON and fix bugs. Some people like myself enjoy seeing new things like the ICON change. It makes the OS look fresher.

BunnyJ, May 26, 2016
  11. Rocky Win User
    Sorry Jeff but I think that this is just frivolous.

Rocky, May 26, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    You may not realize it.
    You actually prove my point..........................
    who cares about the icon and the colour of its file holder. Waste of "Bleeping" time.

Each to his own.
    I will never let my staffs wasting time on trivial while there are more important and urgent matters to attend to.

davidhk, May 26, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

You have a much smaller staff than MS and they can spend the time and money on ICONs.

BunnyJ, May 26, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    No disrespect is intended.
    I, however, question your concept of labour management. Rules of labour control apply to both businesses large and small.
    Perhaps you do not run a business ?

davidhk, May 26, 2016
  15. Here are all 7 different iterations of the File Explorer icon in Windows 10:

Thanks to: @BAV0

Cluster Head, May 26, 2016
Thema:

1. This Is the New File Explorer Icon That Could Launch in Windows 10 RS - Similar Threads - File Explorer Icon

2. File Explorer crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashing on launch: After updating to Windows 11 I have had a recurring issue over the past few months with File Explorer crashing when launching it.This only happens when I am not connected to my office network, so I believe it may have something to do with the network drives I have mapped for...
  3. File Explorer crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer crashing on launch: After updating to Windows 11 I have had a recurring issue over the past few months with File Explorer crashing when launching it.This only happens when I am not connected to my office network, so I believe it may have something to do with the network drives I have mapped for...
  4. Windows File Explorer file icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer file icons: My question is no about the size of the icons. It's about whether there is a possible choice for the icon to display a miniature of the graphic when it is a jpg, gif, or png file. Right now, it seems to be stuck on displaying an icon for the default application that will open...
  5. Wish users could have this new folder icon for the file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wish users could have this new folder icon for the file explorer: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/lpn3tzhhbnu51.png?width=297&format=png&auto=webp&s=cbe043d6261eb855b10b15d10ff295b1479a6776 submitted by /u/cortapasso [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfzcl5/wish_users_could_have_this_new_folder_icon_for/
  6. windows 10 file explorer pinned opens in new icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 file explorer pinned opens in new icon: when i open a new folder from my pinned file explorer, it occasionally opens in a new icon. i can repin that icon and remove the old 1, but its annoying. i try and leave opne folders to remind me which jobs i am currently working on...
  7. Bing Launches from File Explorer / Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Bing Launches from File Explorer / Windows Explorer: When I search for something from File Explorer's address bar, Bing launches (from my default browser.) How do I turn this behavior off? I just want to search on my own computer. Windows Desktop version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 123890
  8. Windows 10: File explorer launch by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: File explorer launch by itself: recently I had a problem with file explorer pop ups without my permission, that problem happened specifically when I launch a video and I go for the full screen. so after a minimize that video its pop ups automatically. I have already checked for registry values of...
  9. File Explorer Launching at Random

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Launching at Random: For the past few weeks, File Explorer in Windows 10 launches at random during the day. No keyboard action is involved...it just launches. Is there a way to defeat this behavior or is this just a bug within Windows 10. 36787
  10. How to get a file explorer icon into the Quick Launch Toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get a file explorer icon into the Quick Launch Toolbar: My system has just had its Windows 10 Pro x64 re-installed after it stopped booting. I now have dozens, if not hundreds of thing to re-configure. I've re-instated the Quick Launch Toolbar, and now I'm trying to get an icon for File Explorer in this toolbar. This basically...