Windows 10: Create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create a Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10

The Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions include the Hyper-V virtualization technology. Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems can be used and managed just as if they were physical computer systems, however they exist in virtualized and isolated environment. Special software called a hypervisor manages access between the virtual systems and the physical hardware resources. Virtualization enables quick deployment of computer systems, a way to quickly restore systems to a previously known good state, and the ability to migrate systems between physical hosts.

You can use Virtual Machine Connection to connect to a Hyper-V virtual machine (guest) on a host server (ex: your PC). The hosts and virtual machines that are available in Hyper-V Manager are the same ones available in Virtual Machine Connection.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10.

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to use this shortcut.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create a Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection Shortcut

EXAMPLE: Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection

Create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Hyper-V_VM_Connection_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. Go to step 4 in OPTION TWO below.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Type vmconnect into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

3. Type Hyper-V VM Connection for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)

*note You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Hyper-V VM Connection shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Advanced button. (see screenshot below)

6. Check the Run as administrator box, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

7. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)

8. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 9, 2015

2. Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine

Suddenly, Hyper V would not connect to any Virtual Machine using the Virtual Machine Connection. I trying creating new VMs and nothing worked. I am using Windows 10 Education.

Ricardo_PUPR, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Cliff S Win User
    Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows

Another easy to follow tutorial @Kari*Biggrin

I not only successfully created my Ubuntu 15.10 shortcut, I was able to customize it for the OS it was for(in this case Wily Werewolf).
    I went to Bing Images found me a small JPG image,
    opened it in Paint,
    and reduced the size, in this case to 256x149.

I then "saved as" PNG(to convert to ICO in next step, a must)
    Then I went to ConvertICO.com - Convert PNG to ICO and ICO to PNG and converted it to ICO.

Then I saved it on my system where it will never be moved, in my case a Theming Stuff library I have created long ago.

Then I just went into the shortcuts properties, and changed the icon.

And the results marked in the red square:

The PNG version:

Additional Info: You can pin it to Start too....

Cliff S, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Andre Da Costa, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Hyper Virtual

2. Can’t Connect to Hyper-V Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t Connect to Hyper-V Virtual Machine: [IMG]This post offers fixes to resolve the issue where users can’t connect to a Hyper-V virtual machine (VM) running on a Windows Server or client host machine. The suggestions presented in this post are applicable depending on the instance of the error message you have...
  3. How to create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In this post, we show you how to create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11/10. With Hyper-V, PC users can create, configure and enable running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host machine that supports virtualization....
  4. limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine: hello, i am configuring a windows xp virtual machine for the purpose of a research, but there is no internet I don't understand much about hyper-v, here are some screenshots. the message I get is: This connection has limited or no connectivity appears. appreciatein portuguese...
  5. limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine: hello, i am configuring a windows xp virtual machine for the purpose of a research, but there is no internet I don't understand much about hyper-v, here are some screenshots. the message I get is: This connection has limited or no connectivity appears. appreciatein portuguese...
  6. limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine: Suddenly, Hyper V would not connect to any Virtual Machine using the Virtual Machine Connection. I trying creating new VMs and nothing worked. I am using Windows 10 Education....
  8. Hyper-V - Create Custom Virtual Machine Gallery

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Create Custom Virtual Machine Gallery: How to: Hyper-V - Create Custom Virtual Machine Gallery [img] Information Quick Create is a feature in Hyper-V allowing users to setup new virtual machines with a few mouse clicks. At the moment, Quick Create offers users a quick setup of Windows 10 Developer Environment,...
  9. Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows: How to: Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows How to Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 8 and 10 [img] Note There's nothing wrong in running the Hyper-V Manager and launch your virtual machines from there. However, creating a...
  10. Hyper-V Quick Create - Create or Copy a Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Quick Create - Create or Copy a Virtual Machine: How to: Hyper-V Quick Create - Create or Copy a Virtual Machine [img] Information Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15002 gave a facelift to Hyper-V as told earlier on Ten Forums. One of the new cool things is a new feature in Hyper-V Manager called Quick Create. With it...