Windows 10: "This operation requires an interactive window station"

Discus and support "This operation requires an interactive window station" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently been getting errors when windows update tries to install/update drivers. Windows update simply says that there was an error while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fuzenkira, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Fuzenkira Win User

"This operation requires an interactive window station"

I have recently been getting errors when windows update tries to install/update drivers. Windows update simply says that there was an error while installing updates and asks to try again, to no avail. When I attempted to manually fix the issue by updating the driver within device manager, I received the error "This operation requires an interactive window station".

Originally the problem was for my bluetooth driver that I had uninstalled, and was trying to reinstall. This issue was fixed by reinstalling windows. Windows installed the driver during setup. However, now I am receiving the same error when I plug in my secondary monitor, and my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

Has anyone found a fix for this? I searched other forums as well and the closest solution I found was to create another user account with admin rights and that should work. I enabled my built-in admin account and tried, but that did not work.

Thanks!

:)

Fuzenkira, Dec 15, 2015
  2. crj55 Win User

this operation requires an interactive window station

That did not work, will continue to research my problem

crj55, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    this operation requires an interactive window station

Hi,

Since your computer does not recognize your connected device and you're seeing an unknown error, you can follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step:

1. Make sure that you have the updated version of iTunes.

2. Check that you have the latest software on your computer.

3. Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.

4. Restart your computer and iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

5. Try connecting your device to another computer.

If you're still getting the same issue on another computer, you may need to contact Apple Support for better assistance.

Feel free to post back if you have other Windows concerns.

Ar Rom, Dec 15, 2015
  4. "This operation requires an interactive window station"

i have this issue on a laptop "This operation requires an interactive window station"

any ideas on fix

SchrodingersCat, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

"This operation requires an interactive window station"

1. "This operation requires an interactive window station" - Similar Threads - operation requires interactive

2. "This operation requires an interactive window station" when trying to install an HP NIC in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This operation requires an interactive window station" when trying to install an HP NIC in...: hello,i have the latest version of windows 11. trying to install an SFP+ NIC and i keep getting the "This operation requires an interactive window station" error. when i try using the "add drivers" function in device manager, i get this error: "qlnd6x64.inf: Failed to install...
  3. Windows 11, This operation requires an interactive window station ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, This operation requires an interactive window station ?: Hi,Windows 11 Pro, Insider Dev build 22579.niAfter a fresh installation of the above build of Windows 11 I have been having an issue reinstalling my Zune HD drivers, every time I try to install them I get the following message "This operation requires an interactive window...
  4. Windows 11, This operation requires an interactive window station ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, This operation requires an interactive window station ?: Hi,Windows 11 Pro, Insider Dev build 22579.niAfter a fresh installation of the above build of Windows 11 I have been having an issue reinstalling my Zune HD drivers, every time I try to install them I get the following message "This operation requires an interactive window...
  5. "This operation requires an interactive window station" installing Printer - Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This operation requires an interactive window station" installing Printer - Windows 10.: Hello Everyone, I am attempting to install a Dymo TurboWriter 450 on a brand new Windows 10 PC. I have applied all updates, attempted fixes i can find on forums using commands, verified running installation as administrator but I am receiving the error when trying to point...
  6. "This operation requires an interactive window station" installing Printer - Windows 10.

"This operation requires an interactive window station" installing Printer - Windows 10.: Hello Everyone, I am attempting to install a Dymo TurboWriter 450 on a brand new Windows 10 PC. I have applied all updates, attempted fixes i can find on forums using commands, verified running installation as administrator but I am receiving the error when trying to point...
  7. "This operation requires an interactive window station" installing Printer - Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. This operation requires an interactive window station" When installing print drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This operation requires an interactive window station" When installing print drivers: I work for an MSP and this last week on at least 5 different computers we have received this error when trying to download print drivers. I was wondering if there was an update out causing this issue? We have found a couple old forms from 2015-2016 on how to supposedly fix...
  9. This operation requires an interactive window station" When installing print drivers

This operation requires an interactive window station" When installing print drivers: I work for an MSP and this last week on at least 5 different computers we have received this error when trying to download print drivers. I was wondering if there was an update out causing this issue? We have found a couple old forms from 2015-2016 on how to supposedly fix...
  10. This operation requires an interactive window station" When installing print drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. requires interactive window station 1903

2. this operation requires interactive windows

3. this operation requires an interactive window