Windows 10: "This operation requires an interactive window station"

Discus and support "This operation requires an interactive window station" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently been getting errors when windows update tries to install/update drivers. Windows update simply says that there was an error while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fuzenkira, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Fuzenkira Win User

"This operation requires an interactive window station"

I have recently been getting errors when windows update tries to install/update drivers. Windows update simply says that there was an error while installing updates and asks to try again, to no avail. When I attempted to manually fix the issue by updating the driver within device manager, I received the error "This operation requires an interactive window station".

Originally the problem was for my bluetooth driver that I had uninstalled, and was trying to reinstall. This issue was fixed by reinstalling windows. Windows installed the driver during setup. However, now I am receiving the same error when I plug in my secondary monitor, and my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

Has anyone found a fix for this? I searched other forums as well and the closest solution I found was to create another user account with admin rights and that should work. I enabled my built-in admin account and tried, but that did not work.

Thanks!

:)

Fuzenkira, Dec 15, 2015
  2. crj55 Win User

this operation requires an interactive window station

That did not work, will continue to research my problem

crj55, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    this operation requires an interactive window station

Hi,

Since your computer does not recognize your connected device and you're seeing an unknown error, you can follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step:

1. Make sure that you have the updated version of iTunes.

2. Check that you have the latest software on your computer.

3. Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.

4. Restart your computer and iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

5. Try connecting your device to another computer.

If you're still getting the same issue on another computer, you may need to contact Apple Support for better assistance.

Feel free to post back if you have other Windows concerns.

Ar Rom, Dec 15, 2015
  4. "This operation requires an interactive window station"

i have this issue on a laptop "This operation requires an interactive window station"

any ideas on fix

SchrodingersCat, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

"This operation requires an interactive window station"

1. "This operation requires an interactive window station" - Similar Threads - operation requires interactive

2. Sound BlasterX Kratos S5 - requires interactive workstation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound BlasterX Kratos S5 - requires interactive workstation: Any idea why I get this message trying to install the drivers through Windows Update? Windows 10 default driver works, but Sound Blaster Connect can't use that so isn't detecting the DAC. "This operation requires an interactive window station." Also it appears running the...
  3. Sound BlasterX Kratos S5 - requires interactive workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound BlasterX Kratos S5 - requires interactive workstation: Any idea why I get this message trying to install the drivers through Windows Update? Windows 10 default driver works, but Sound Blaster Connect can't use that so isn't detecting the DAC. "This operation requires an interactive window station." Also it appears running the...
  4. "The requested operation requires elevation."

in Windows 10 Customization
    "The requested operation requires elevation.": Tried making the ASUS AURA app to open upon startup however, I get the error message: "The requested operation requires elevation". Any help is greatly appreciated....
  5. interactive windows statation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    interactive windows statation: I have two installs , (drivers for video & printer install) that failed as I get a message saying "this operations requires interactive windows station" what does this mean and how can I lose this capability? Windows 10. surface pro 3...
  6. Fix The requested operation requires elevation, Error 740

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The requested operation requires elevation, Error 740: [ATTACH] If you try to run a program or open a folder or delete a file and you receive a message – Error (740), The requested operation requires elevation on your Windows 10/8/7 computer, here are some simple troubleshooting suggestions that [...] This post Fix The requested...
  7. THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION

THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION: Iam unable to run .exe files I am getting THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-requested-operation-requires-elevation/421d26f6-05eb-4d10-9ed2-4e64a6761584
  8. Error - The requested operation requires elevation

Error - The requested operation requires elevation: Team, When ever I am trying to access any application with : Run as administration, it gives me to " continue with username and Password. I login it with username and password it shows "The requested operation requires elevation:. Please help....
  9. Updated to 1511: "740: The requested operation requires elevation"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Updated to 1511: "740: The requested operation requires elevation": In my normal user account (belonging to Users group) I maintain a folder with a bunch of convenient administrative shortcuts, which run certain applications under "Administrator" account through 'runas' utility. Each shortcut's command line looks as Code:...
  10. How do I create an interactive windows 10 station?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I create an interactive windows 10 station?: I have lost sound. Programs were deleted. Any help would be appreciared. Thank you. 27354

Users found this page by searching for:

1. requires interactive window station 1903

2. this operation requires interactive windows

3. this operation requires an interactive window