Windows 10: This Page Can't Be Displayed

Discus and support This Page Can't Be Displayed in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am not an IT guy so please forgive me if I don't use proper terminology. We have a fuel pump that I need to access to get mileages off of. It only... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by stokstad, Sep 15, 2016.

1. stokstad Win User

This Page Can't Be Displayed

I am not an IT guy so please forgive me if I don't use proper terminology.
    We have a fuel pump that I need to access to get mileages off of. It only works with IE. I log into it with an IP address. It worked fine not long ago and then something updated and it started giving me "Page can't be Displayed".
    I have completely reset IE. I've tried adding to trusted sites. I've lowered all security settings. The person I spoke with at the company that designed the pump software had me update Adobe and Silverlight which neither helped. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to come up.
    I can ping the IP address and that works fine. I can also access it with google chrome. I can't however do anything with chrome because its designed for IE. I was also was able to access it from a windows 7 computer we had here until someone updated it and I lost access on that as well.
    I'm guessing there just some stupid setting that enabled during a recent patch.
    Any help is greatly appreciated

:)

stokstad, Sep 15, 2016

2. This page can’t be displayed

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the troubleshooter revealed the error
    your DNS server might be unavailable with the internet connection.

I would suggest you to follow the below recommended steps and check if the issue can be resolved.

Method 1

Try to login to Windows using a different user account and check.

Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Method 2

Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server by following these steps.

-Click Start

-Click run

-In the run box type cmd.exe and click OK

-When the command prompt opens type the following. ENTER after each new line.

-ipconfig /flushdns

-ipconfig /release

-ipconfig /renew

-exit

I would also suggest you to refer to the below link for more additional information.

Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Arun B J Win User
    THIS PAGE CAN"T BE DISPLAYED

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the method below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

a. Open Internet Explorer and click
    Tools then click Internet options

b. Click Settings located under the search box to the right of the screen. Then click the
    Internet Options icon located under the search results.

c. In the Internet Options windows, tap or click the
    Advanced tab. Locate the check box Enable Enhanced Protected Mode*. Click to
    uncheck the box.

d. Click the Apply button, and then click
    OK. Restart Internet Explorer and check to see if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: Delete your browser history

a. Start Internet Explorer from the desktop.

b. Press Alt key to show the menu bar.

c. On the Tools menu, click
    Internet options.

d. Under Browsing history, click
    Delete

e. Select all the applicable check boxes, and then click
    Delete.

f. Click Exit, and then restart Internet Explorer.

Method 3: Proxy settings are used to tell Internet Explorer the network address of an intermediary server (known as

a proxy server) that is used between the browser and the Internet on some networks.

a. Open Internet Explorer and click Tools then click
    Internet options

b. Click the Connections tab, and then click the
    LAN settings.

c. Click Automatically detect settings
    and verify that there is check mark in the box beside it.

d. Click OK to close the windows. Restart Internet Explorer and verify the issue is resolved.

Method 4: Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Important: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 15, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Did you get the Anniversary Update (aka Feature update to 1607) about the same time? I may be that IE11 is no longer identifying itself properly to your fuel pump. I had a similar problem with Yahoo Mail, there's a workround that got it working again for Yahoo, try this...

Yahoo says IE11 is an 'unsupported browser' since Anniversary Update

5. stokstad Win User
    Actually I did that update just the other day. So no it wasn't that update. I have to run the software in compatibility mode so I know all about that. I can't access the page. Like there is a connection issue when I know there's not. I know it's some security setting in IE preventing the computer from hooking to the Fuel pump.

When I was able to connect to the pump I had the security warning about the sites certificate where I had to click proceed anyways. I'm guessing this has something to do with it.

stokstad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. This Page Can't Be Displayed - Similar Threads - Page Can't Displayed

2. XML page cannot be displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XML page cannot be displayed: security settings do not allow the execution of script code within this style sheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xml-page-cannot-be-displayed/12d2f448-ba49-4244-8e15-10d93a5e6786
  3. XML page cannot be displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XML page cannot be displayed: security settings do not allow the execution of script code within this style sheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xml-page-cannot-be-displayed/12d2f448-ba49-4244-8e15-10d93a5e6786
  4. can't connect to page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't connect to page: can't connect to page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-page/9f06f9a4-3862-4393-b99c-4e07a82b086b
  5. Pages not displaying in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pages not displaying in Windows 10: Hi all, I am using Windows 10 and Word 2010 and I would like to see the number of pages for the documents in a folder. I have gone through the process of adding the pages column and applying it to all folders. However, this only works for Word 97 - 2003 versions and not...
  6. XML page cannot be displayed....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    XML page cannot be displayed....: Dear Community, *-Have Windows 10 Pro in S mode.(ALL settings are Microsoft!). *-Update tell me EVERY time "The XML page cannot be displayed. Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and click the refresh button, or try again later. Security...
  7. Windows 10 1909: troubleshooters display The XML page cannot be displayed on report page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1909: troubleshooters display The XML page cannot be displayed on report page: ever since I went to version 1909, I have been unable to view the troubleshooting reports option in all troubleshooters. instead of displaying the report, I got the following text; The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please...
  8. Page display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page display: When I click on explorer it doesn't display full page and it shows smaller version of page in upper left corner. My husband was on computer the other day and must have done something to change the display. How do I get rid of small page in left corner and get full page...
  9. Display or page moves to the left.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display or page moves to the left.: when I go to another page ,my page will go to the left to blank page then comes back to the page before that I was on.This happens when I go to move up the page to search or read.This just started out of the blue one day about a month ago. I have to click on the page first...
  10. Internet Explorer 11 "This page can't be displayed"

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 "This page can't be displayed": Hi all, I cant seem to gain access to the internet using IE11. Using Edge/Firefox/Chrome is fine, but using IE doesn't work. I have checked to make sure its not got any proxy setting configured (as its my home machine) Other than that I am out of ideas. Any help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. This page can’t be displayed during post method